My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Production began last week in Athens on "My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3", which reunites Nia Vardalos and most of the cast from the first two films. Vardalos is also directing the film, her second film as director (2009's I Hate Valentine's Day was her directorial debut). The only original cast member not returning is Michael Constantine, who died in August 2021 at 95 years old.

The new film will focus on the wedding of Toula and Ian's daughter Paris, but who is the groom?

Here's Vardalos and John Corbett on the set of MBFGW3

Here's Andrea Martin returning as Aunt Voula, Elena Kampouris (sporting the NYU hat) as Paris, and Joey Fatone as Angelo on the set

i didnt know theres a 2 aswell :/ only seen the first one
In MBFGW2, Toula is shocked to learn her parents were never legally married because the Greek priest who officated the wedding ended up in some major trouble so all marriages were null and voided. So, the family gets together to have a wedding for the parents. I still think the original is better, but the second one did have some fun moments and some nice twists in terms of supporting characters.

In MBFGW2, Toula is shocked to learn her parents were never legally married because the Greek priest who officated the wedding ended up in some major trouble so all marriages were null and voided. So, the family gets together to have a wedding for the parents. I still think the original is better, but the second one did have some fun moments and some nice twists in terms of supporting characters.
well after seeing this i will put it on my list before the new one comes out in the future

The film has scored a global theatrical release date of September 8, 2023. In the new film, Toula and Ian's daughter Paris is getting married and the family (minus patriarch Gus due to Michael Constantine's passing in 2021) heads to Greece for the ceremony. Nia Vardalos once again plays Toula Miller and not only wrote the script, but she directs this installment.

Should be good for a late night out. Enjoy the pop corns

The first was cute, the second...oof. A 3rd..lollerz
They have to stop revisiting this movie. Once was more than enough for me.

I think it's safe to say this will be the last one. Has a good plot (involving the family heading to Greece to grant the patriarch's last wish before his passing), a few running gags, a family secret (or 2) and there is a wedding, but it's not who you think but it ends quite well.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I LOVE the first movie and can rewatch it in a heartbeat and still enjoy it. I haven't rewatched the second one at all, and I won't rewatch the third one, either. By this third movie, all I see are the original actors all having had "work" done and trying too hard to look younger than they are. There aren't nearly enough fun running gags anymore, and the whole second half seemed to be trying too hard to make us feel verklempt all the time.

Boy, Stirchley, I sure hope this is the last one.

I LOVE the first movie and can rewatch it in a heartbeat and still enjoy it. I haven't rewatched the second one at all, and I won't rewatch the third one, either. By this third movie, all I see are the original actors all having had "work" done and trying too hard to look younger than they are. There aren't nearly enough fun running gags anymore, and the whole second half seemed to be trying too hard to make us feel verklempt all the time.

Boy, Stirchley, I sure hope this is the last one.
Totally agree with what you’re saying.

I recently re-watched the original. Charming mostly, but the entire idea of her becoming “her” because she at last found herself a man seems very old-fashioned now.

The Windex jokes were very funny.

The first one is in contention for being the worst movie ever made, so I think I'll pass on a sequel. Though I do wonder, how much worse could it possibly be? How low does the bar sink?

It will be a fascinating experiment for my first day in Hell.