Hello101's 200 Favorite Movies

→ in
Tools    

The Departed is probably my favorite Leonardo DiCaprio performance.
Me too! I wasn't a huge fan of his until then. His performances in Wolf of Wall Street and Django Unchained have made me even more of a fan now.

169. Almost Famous (2000)

Being famous isn't all it's cracked up to be as this film shows. Good performances and funky styling.

168. Mask (1994)

Hellishly funny, Trey and Parker hit home with something that doesn't look a thing like South Park but who's humor is identical.

167. Edward Scissorhands (1990)

Woman empowerment is always awesome to see in film, one of the first and what could be the best. Peggy Cummins is ferocious as the lead.

[/quote]

169. Almost Famous (2000)

168. Mask (1985)

167. Edward Scissorhands (1990)

166. Twister (1996)

165. Ray (2004)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
[font=Century Gothic]167. Edward Scissorhands (1990)
166. Twister (1996)
165. Ray (2004)

I haven't seen the first two movies listed, but these three are great movies.

I'm not a big fan of Johnny Depp, but Edward Scissorhands is one of my favorites of his movies.

Twister is one of my favorite guilty pleasure movies. It's one of those movies that I just have to watch every time it's on TV.

Jamie Foxx gives the best performance of his career in Ray.

Both Mask and Twister are great. Love both those films.

gbg, I think you might really like Mask.
That's what I said.

You know what I'm going to say, I'm going to say it; Great minds think alike.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Both Mask and Twister are great. Love both those films.

gbg, I think you might really like Mask.

You're probably right. Mask has been on my watchlist for years, but It just seems to keep getting pushed down the list by other movies. I'll have to fix that.

What do you mean "assuming you've seen it"? It's mark. Of course he's seen it. It's 30 years old for crying out loud. The question should be, "in how many multiples of five have you seen it, mark?"

What do you mean "assuming you've seen it"? It's mark. Of course he's seen it. It's 30 years old for crying out loud. The question should be, "in how many multiples of five have you seen it, mark?"
... And how many times have you reviewed it here?

Hey guys, Mark gave it a high rating. It goes from a "looks interesting, will put on my watch list" to a "I MUST WATCH NOW!"

I've seen Mask, Twister, and at least some of Edward Scissorhands but I barley remember either of them it was so long ago. I remember not really liking Mask that much though.

Hey guys, Mark gave it a high rating. It goes from a "looks interesting, will put on my watch list" to a "I MUST WATCH NOW!"
A film which mark and myself agree on? Surely that's recommendation to everyone?

That's what suppose to happen but people tend to back away from films you like, honeykid.

Yes, which is why something which mark and I both agree on is so rare. It's also why everyone should watch Jaws. Even if they've seen it. Watch it again.

Almost Famous is like living vicariously through the character in the film, who's a young somewhat nerdy guy who hangs out with a rock band in the 70s and has quite the adventure! I thought it was way cool.