A Nobody's Top 100 (:p)

→ in
Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Not really a nobody but someone who's just joined and enjoyed reading these film lists so much that he figured he'd do one himself.

Now, I probably haven't watched as much films as some of you on here but I have watched enough to make such a list, hopefully. So I'll be sure to take you by surprise with an overlooked gem or a universally hated movie that someone (me) miraculously loves (). My film taste varies a lot, just for note. Anyways, let's start-

No. 100

Affliction (1997)

A chilling depiction of life and despair by Paul Schrader, Nick Nolte in his usual self (performing well) as the small time cop. A near masterpiece and Schrader's first directed film since American Gigaloo that is actually good (deep understatement).

By Paul Schrader
Featuring Nolte, Coburn and Dafoe

I'm not allowed to post links until I reach 25 posts, so no images, sorry guys. I'll try to update all the film images when I'm allowed to do so. But, great film @ the above, check it out if you haven't.

I haven't seen the movie Affliction, but I gave you a + rep for starting your own Top 100 thread. I've been trying to compile my own Top 100 for a while now, and all I've figured out so far is that I'm terrible at narrowing down lists.

I tried watching Affliction once, but I was very drunk and didn't get far. It's a movie that I've always meant to revisit.

I saw Alien 3 at the movies when it came out and I didn't like it, but that's the only time I've seen it. I do love the first 2.

Welcome to the forum

Not seen Affliction and Starred Up but they look interesting - I'll probably give them a go. Alien 3 was interesting but turning the aliens into some kind of werewolf creature really didn't work for me.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
You need a better avatar, hello101, and welcome.

No. 97

Liar Liar (1997)

My fav comedy film from the likes of Jim Carrey. Just an onslaught of laughs that never seems to let up, the premise is ridiculous but it doesn't matter when you have these over-the-top courtroom scenes that make you damn-near suffocate and die of laughter (srsly happened once). Brilliant one liners to accompany - "The ****** pen is blue" "Here's your raise" "How do you sleep at night?" "I've had better" . And although, it was slapped on, the relationship between Fletcher and Max (son) felt somehow strong in a cute, fuzzy sort-of-way.

By Tom Shadyac
Featuring Jim Carrey, Justin Cooper and Maura Tierney

I love Liar Liar. It's easily Jim Carrey's best movie.

Nice avatar.

I liked M. Night Shyamalan's early movies (Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense), but I haven't really liked much of his work after that. I'm hoping that he gets back on track soon because he started out with a lot of potential, but he seems to go down just a little bit with each movie.

+rep for Signs. Screw the haters, I think it's good. Plus, you know, I have to give rep for anything with Joaquin Phoenix in it.

Haven't seen the others. Actually I don't think I've even heard of Affliction or Starred Up.

I need more Joaquin Phoenix in my life, Her and The Master are a must. If someone can get that gif of Joaquin's reaction to the Alien news report in Signs, I will rep you with my heart's content.
Everybody needs more Joaquin Phoenix in their lives.

Also plus rep for Total Recall. I haven't seen Across 110th Street. I only vaguely remember Crimson Tide and I don't like American Psycho.

I didn't care for any of his films after Signs, well The Village was decent. I'm surprised his films are still funded despite being horribly received (critically, idk about box office and money making wise). Thanks for the avatar shout,
I really liked Signs, and The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable . The Village was a bit silly as was The Happening. I've given up watching his films after that.

Some favorite of mine including Total Recall, Crimson Tide, and American Psycho. I also really like Shaun of the Dead, Sleepers, and Liar Liar. I don't remember Signs and I didn't care much for Bringing out the Dead. I plan on seeing Hellboy and House of the Devil. Never heard of Starred Up or Across 110th St., although the latter sounds like something I'd like.

Welcome to the forum!

A solid list so far with a wide range of films. I really enjoy House of the Devil, Shaun of the Dead, Bringing Out the Dead, Signs and Hellboy.

Alien 3 isn't as bad as some people make it out to be, but it's still a sizable drop off in quality compared to the first two films. I used to think Jim Carrey was the funniest person on the planet when I was a kid and I'd watch his movies over and over, including Liar Liar, but his films have lost their luster for me over the years. American Psycho has a sizable cult following, but I'm not a member.

The other films I either haven't seen (Affliction, Across 110th Street, Total Recall) or I haven't seen in so long that I don't remember if I like them or not (Crimson Tide, Sleepers).

83. Back To The Future: Part 3 (Steven Spielberg)

I think this is the best BTTF movie, honestly. It's just so much fun and the western setting gives it some needed flavoring after the city journeys of the first two and the characters do loosen up quite a bit, the pacing is excellent and the performances by Foxx, Lloyd and Wilson are second to none (like the prior films). Mad Dog Biff >>> Regular Biff and "I'll hunt you and shoot you down like a duck" > "Make like a tree and get out of here" as the best line in the trilogy.

BTTF 3 is my least favorite if the three movies, (Probably because I'm not really into westerns), but it's still a great movie, and I love the whole BTTF trilogy. This is another good choice.