Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Finally watching this. What a gorgeous film.
Wish I knew when it’s set. Absolutely no indication that I can see, and I’m not watching it alone. No phones, no laptops, no cars to tell. Must be deliberate.
As per wine, this is at least post-1995. Ah well.
One laptop spotted.
Gorgeous indeed, but hell no, really ****ty plotting. Guadagnino appears to be obsessed with people falling into the pool, too.
Wtf. Hell no.
In addition, at no point in the proceedings is the fish soup (Guadagnino is also obsessed with the fish soup, which makes multiple appearances) actually the “ukha” soup, which looks nothing like it (you don’t put tomatoes into that, ever!) and isn’t even a Russian soup…? I’d say that last bit bothered me most.
Wiki says 2000. Love this movie. Love her clothes too.

Seen this a million times. Love it. Even the Drew Barrymore movie was fine too.

The Lost Daughter (2021)

Boring as ****. Come on, Maggie. You can do better. Absolutely plotless.
Oh, disappointing. But I will still watch it.

Wiki says 2000. Love this movie. Love her clothes too.
I adore her, one of my favourite actresses. But the film just didn’t work for me, though she’s beautiful in it. I do love A Bigger Splash and Call Me By Your Name.

Oh, disappointing. But I will still watch it.
Well, it really is plotless but well-made, good acting, Olivia is excellent as ever. Quite a nice watch. But nothing happens, is still quite boring.

I adore her, one of my favourite actresses. But the film just didn’t work for me, though she’s beautiful in it. I do love A Bigger Splash and Call Me By Your Name.
May have bailed out of both. Definitely did for the splash one. Timothée what’s-his-face very overrated.

May have bailed out of both. Definitely did for the splash one. Timothée what’s-his-face very overrated.
I don’t disagree, he sure is no genius, but he does have a presence. I liked both films. A Bigger Splash is much better imo.

Think I saw it, but can’t remember a single scene.
It ended up being a pretty straight forward drama film, for the biggest part of the movie ( Brad Pitt). i enjoyed the film for the most part.