Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

9 minutes and I already hate this.
Aubrey is very good. Olsen too. Weird film and not my kind of thing, but strangely impressive acting.
A Talented Mr Ripley rip-off but not as awful as it could be. It is, however, one of those instances where I don’t really know what anyone wants and why.

9 minutes and I already hate this.
Aubrey is very good. Olsen too. Weird film and not my kind of thing, but strangely impressive acting.
A Talented Mr Ripley rip-off but not as awful as it could be. It is, however, one of those instances where I don’t really know what anyone wants and why.
as a elizabeth olsen fan i respect ur opinion!!

Not a bad film, overall. Find it quite realistic actually in terms of how processing trauma is portrayed. Have seen it before & thought about it, and despite the obvious dangers, I would do what she did and stay away from family when in mourning.

Not a bad film, overall. Find it quite realistic actually in terms of how processing trauma is portrayed. Have seen it before & thought about it, and despite the obvious dangers, I would do what she did and stay away from family when in mourning.
Yes. One of my favorite things about it was how often she did the right thing. Like when he
WARNING: spoilers below
pretends his car is broken down and keeps trying to get her to get out of her vehicle and she eventually just drives away---I was like "YES! THANK YOU!!!!"

Finally watching this. What a gorgeous film.
Wish I knew when it’s set. Absolutely no indication that I can see, and I’m not watching it alone. No phones, no laptops, no cars to tell. Must be deliberate.
As per wine, this is at least post-1995. Ah well.
One laptop spotted.
Gorgeous indeed, but hell no, really ****ty plotting. Guadagnino appears to be obsessed with people falling into the pool, too.
Wtf. Hell no.
In addition, at no point in the proceedings is the fish soup (Guadagnino is also obsessed with fish soup, which makes multiple appearances) actually the “ukha” soup, which looks nothing like it (you don’t put tomatoes into that, ever!) and isn’t even a Russian soup…? I’d say that last bit bothered me most.