Super Sunday! Any NFL Fans Out There?

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
Did something happen to Joe Mixon earlier in the game or did the Bengals just decide to trot Perine out there on the biggest plays of the game?

Close game, just missed out on the money with both fantasy teams but did ok with my bet builder (makes a nice change as I've backed the wrong 'horse' each time for the last 5 years ).

Congratulations LA, commiserations Cincinnati.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
It still feels that in the light of the defense that is so dominant, LA won because they got 10 tries from inside the 10. Not because that defense shutdown Burrow.

We don’t get replays of all the penalties that could be called during the game, so of course when they show replays of the ones at the end, it looks like they are making the right call.

The trick is not minding
Granted Cincy got away with an egregious non call that resulted in a TD, but they barely threw the flag all game, missing holds, a few PI besides the aforementioned non call TD, and then decided to call everything at the end.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I think the Ramsey call sums up the discrepancies in officiating perfectly. One on one, in the open, no obstructed views, blatant. No call.

Then compare it to the winning LA drive, where the calls are not so obvious.

Side note. Russell Wilson sitting next to Goodell, not a good look my dude. He already came across as the most saccharine player the league without that.

Re: Rams D and Burrow. If you take away the free 75 yard TD, Burrow was 21 for 32 for 188 yards and zero TDs. That seems pretty well contained to me. Not horrible (thanks to no INTs), but not good either. And I say this as someone who really likes Burrow! They were mostly able to do it because they sacked him seven times, and very little of that is his fault. But it is absolutely to the defense's credit.

Re: Perine and Mixon. Perine averages a bit over a half-yard more, on average, after contact than Mixon, and their backs weren't getting past the line without getting hit much, so I see the logic there, at least.

LOL!

Completely forgot a futures bet I put on the Rams last August! Sports gambling is legal here in Michigan. So I placed $10 bet at +2500 for the Rams to win the Super Bowl. A nice $250 surprise. I figured it was the most Lionzy thing ever to trade away the SB MVP.

I like money...