Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Maybe it’s an age/regional barrier ala Animatrix. I even went to see Dreamcatcher in theater because it promised to show The Flight of the Osiris before it. It was VERY popular among the teen fellas in my age group hankering for more Matrix when it released.

I feel like, much like the sequels, it’s a mixed bag, with some stories being excellent and other parts just falling short.

Brave Murder Day
WARNING: "Ending" spoilers below
No ending is more anticlimactic than this and yet it works. Masterclass

Duplicate Account (locked)
Really? I thought everyone loved The Animatrix.

i really don't know hun, but i had never heard of it before, and then i'm like "oh, this thing costs $1 and it's clearly matrix related", and i was surprised to know that it was better than matrix 2 and matrix revolution. Revolution wasn't bad, but i think the first one set the bar pretty damn high, one of my favorite movies for sure.

Originally Posted by AgrippinaX;
Shame, looks like I want to see this.
In relation to Bugsy, sorry i didn't make this clear the first time:

I gave it a
because there are many redeeming qualities: the music is nice and chill, the whole thing has a Noir feel, the dialogue is fascinating, but there are so many things that are made unclear to the viewer:

WARNING: spoilers below
Why is Bugsy so sensitive about his name? What the f*ck does Moussalini have to do with any of this? WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? What's their story?

Bugsy is a mobster film, and the main character is an interesting fellow with his hands in a lot of cookie jars. However, like Paulie and Christophuh discussed in The Sopranos, you need to have a good character arc. Bugsy doesn't have such a great arc.

Whoa; I haven't seen The Great Silence yet, but are you a fan of Katatonia too?

I forgot the opening line.

By May be found at the following website: http://www.movieposterdb.com/poster/301c8ddc, Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=15449484

Enter the Dragon - (1973)

Okay, now the martial arts aspects of The Man With the Golden Gun, obviously inspired by the popularity of this film, just look terrible. Lamely copied. I was shoring up a title or two on my lists when I saw I was 95/100 on the recent all-time top 100, and that one of my missing titles was this so I decided to finally see it. I want to describe it and my feelings towards it in a succinct few sentences but I won't be able to. Yeah, all of the fighting stuff was top-notch and exciting. I did not know at all that John Saxon was in this. Very 70s - very trendsetting - very calculated and aimed at audiences attracted to exploitation films of the day. I respect it, enjoyed it and mean to see it again.

8/10

The Interview - (2014)

If you're going to fill your film with toilet humour, it had better be good - because it if isn't, you're going to look childish. That's just how I felt Seth Rogen and by extension (even if he was only co-starring, he was the other face of the movie) James Franco looked in this. Franco has an added misfortune for my timing of watching this film - his character is sleazy, and now we know he was just as sleazy in real life at the exact same time. Co-director Evan Goldberg and screenwriter Dan Sterling just insert a constant stream of unfunny antics which focus intently on the human anus and homosexuality to a point where it seems they were fixated on those two things. "Jokes" abound about them, and ad-libbing from Rogan and Franco falls flat. There are a few good moments surrounded by abysmal failure - and overall I did not like The Interview one little bit. The first film that's fallen really flat for me in quite a while.

4/10

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

Whoa; I haven't seen The Great Silence yet, but are you a fan of Katatonia too?
Yes. I'am. Katatonia is one of my favorite bands.

Bogart plays a screenwriter with a bit of a temper. One night he invites the coat rack girl from a restaurant back to his place to describe a book she's read, a book he's supposed to adapt to screen but has no interest in reading. Well, she ends up dead and since she was last seen with Bogart, he is suspect number one. A neighbor comes to Bogart's defense, gets a little closer to him than she should, and as she finds more out about the violent Bogart she begins to doubt her own story. Pretty solid film with very good performances from everybody. Never a dull moment.

Victim of The Night

By The poster art can or could be obtained from Universal Pictures., Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=58827951

Happy Death Day - (2017)

Happy Death Day is marketed as a horror film and slasher, but it's a really quite tame in respect to most of those - and trades primarily on it's Groundhog Day premise in connection of college girl Tree (Jessica Rothe) being continually murdered by an unknown assailant. Unfortunately for Tree, it seems there are a number of people who would potentially want to murder her. The filmmakers have so much fun with this you have to wonder why dozens of others haven't attempted to play around with this whole concept. Tree wakes up in a college boy's room at the start of the same day every time she dies, and undertakes the same lonely journey Bill Murray did a few decades ago. Any progress or connection she might make is wiped out every time - making her the sole source of change in a rat's maze with deadly dead-ends. Christopher Landon shows that this younger generation have a trick or two up their sleeve, even though they mainly trade in reinterpretations of previous films. My second time watching this.

7/10
I liked this movie quite a lot. I was very surprised.

Don't Look Up -

we live in a society
I watched this last night. A couple parts made me laugh but McKay’s smug cynicism is not something I enjoy.

Victim of The Night
WarGames (1983)

8/10

Cool! But could have made more sense.
I'm glad you liked it, I've seen it about 200 times, but what didn't make sense?
I've seen it too many times to be able to tell.
Also Barry Corbin is so great in this.

Victim of The Night
Raggedy Ann & Andy: A Musical Adventure (1977)

This one escaped my notice back when I was a kid. (I probably dismissed it as a "girl" movie). The plot bears some resemblance to Toy Story in that a kid's toys come to life when she leaves the room. The pirate from a snow globe abducts the new French porcelain doll and runs away with her, and Ann & Andy set out to rescue her.

So I'll admit that RA&A are likable but bland, and the songs aren't great which is a problem because there's a lot of them. I mean, they're not obnoxious but I don't remember any of them mere hours after having watched it. BUT, the animation is terrific and there's lots of inventive and bizarre stuff going on.

Animation buffs are encouraged to check it out.
I did see this a few times when I was young. It's always been banging around somewhere in the back of my brain but you have just brought it back into the "accessible files" section.

Victim of The Night
Shame, looks like I want to see this.
It's pretty slow and not in the good Denis Villeneuve kinda way more in the "we don't really have much of a story to tell" kinda way.

Victim of The Night
I am actually quite intrigued by this and starting to look forward to it.

Duplicate Account (locked)
I'm glad you liked it, I've seen it about 200 times, but what didn't make sense?
I've seen it too many times to be able to tell.
Also Barry Corbin is so great in this.

I just didn't see what those little games like chess and tic-tac-toe had to do with the wargame computer system. Also, in real life, apocalyptic catastrophe just starts by firing a single nuclear weapon into a territory, but i thought it was overrall fun and i don't care that much that we are talking about a fake computer system. This is certainly the best hacker movie i've seen. It's kinda hard to do those because a lot of what hackers and programmers do looks quite boring to someone else.