Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Alien 3. Then Alien Resurrection later. I am also very tempted to watch Predator 2. Not sure about Alien vs Predator. The First Predator do not need a rewatch. And i just finished Casablanca. A nice rewatch.

3 and Resurrection are nowhere near as good as the first two, but I think the four movies nicely complement each other in presenting the same material through four very different directorial visions.

Not a fan of Predator 2 personally, but there's a baseline of enjoyment due to the standards of action filmmaking in that era.

AvP...Haven't seen it in ages, not tempted to revisit. Paul W.S. Anderson has his fans because he reliably presents clear, coherent action, but from what I've seen doesn't really know how to imbue it with excitement or stakes. They never rise above demonstrations of his craft.

3 and Resurrection are nowhere near as good as the first two, but I think the four movies nicely complement each other in presenting the same material through four very different directorial visions.

Not a fan of Predator 2 personally, but there's a baseline of enjoyment due to the standards of action filmmaking in that era.

AvP...Haven't seen it in ages, not tempted to revisit. Paul W.S. Anderson has his fans because he reliably presents clear, coherent action, but from what I've seen doesn't really know how to imbue it with excitement or stakes. They never rise above demonstrations of his craft.
I am half way through Resurrection now. I might skip Predator 2. I did see Alien vs Predator when it came out. I had all the films available on a tv package, so it was a good chance to see them. Both Fincher and Jeunet are interesting directors. But Alien 3 and Resurrection ended up being very similar films in style.

I have Un Flic waiting for me on dvd, which i am going to see in a couple of days. Then i have one Antonioni film i want to see at least. Hopefully i find some good films for the next two days.

I am half way through Resurrection now. I might skip Predator 2. I did see Alien vs Predator when it came out. I had all the films available on a tv package, so it was a good chance to see them. Both Fincher and Jeunet are interesting directors. But Alien 3 and Resurrection ended up being very similar films in style.

I have Un Flic waiting for me on dvd, which i am going to see in a couple of days. Then i have one Antonioni film i want to see at least. Hopefully i find some good films for the next two days.
Been a while since I've seen Un Flic but I do remember enjoying it. There's a heist scene that's pretty well directed if you can get past the obvious miniature work.

Whatever. Dear mother to blame again. At least Meryl Streep is in it, I hadn’t realised.

It has some unintentionally hilarious moments (mostly to do with feet - how Freudian), but mostly it’s boring as ****.
Okay, sorry. We gave up.

KISS THE GIRLS (1997)

[Drive My Car] This time for real... I checked it. Although, I shouldn't be watching this film, the 900 Saab Turbo is one of my two dream cars, alongside with a Fiat 600, this one is missing.

[Voyage Of Time Life's Journey] I don't like what I believe is Malick's philosophy, but I like his filming vision, I'm going to enjoy this one, I can feel it.

[Hector] A Rewatch, it's good film to watch on this Christmas season, humble a person and reminds us of those who haven't got what we got, family around, cozy house and plenty of food.

Really not keen.

Incredibly, this is really not bad at all. A Christmas miracle for sure.
Nope, spoke too soon. It’s a fine film, but boy does all the eye-gazing and singing freak me out. See, Takoma, this is what I cringe hard at - bring on the hardcore sex scenes if that means there’s less of this. Also I know I can’t abide musicals, so that must be part of it. Disbelief just won’t suspend
The Tony/Riff stuff is pretty great, reminiscent of American History X. The rest is stylish but meh. Never did understand the stakes in Romeo and Juliet or this. Much ado about nothing indeed.

Whatever. Dear mother to blame again. At least Meryl Streep is in it, I hadn’t realised.

It has some unintentionally hilarious moments (mostly to do with feet - how Freudian), but mostly it’s boring as ****.
Okay, sorry. We gave up.
Execrable.

Really not keen.

Incredibly, this is really not bad at all. A Christmas miracle for sure.
Nope, spoke too soon. It’s a fine film, but boy does all the eye-gazing and singing freak me out. See, Takoma, this is what I cringe hard at - bring on the hardcore sex scenes if that means there’s less of this. Also I know I can’t abide musicals, so that must be part of it. Disbelief just won’t suspend
The Tony/Riff stuff is pretty great, reminiscent of American History X. The rest is stylish but meh. Never did understand the stakes in Romeo and Juliet or this. Much ado about nothing indeed.
Intensely dislike musicals or movies that burst into song.

Exactly! Me too! It’s extremely irritating and makes no diegetic sense.
What the heck does diegetic mean? Too lazy to look it up.

Exactly! Me too! It’s extremely irritating and makes no diegetic sense.

Makes no sense within the story - something like “other characters don’t hear her sing so why do I?”

At least to me it’s a huge deal. If it’s embedded well such as it being a genuine performance inside the film eg Mulholland Drive, then ok.