Aquaman - Highest Grossing DCEU movie

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Well, I don't know if anyone would have called this.

Worlwide:

Aquaman - $1,020,261,781
Batman V Superman - $873,634,919
Wonder Woman - $821,847,012
Suicide Squad - $746,846,894
Man of Steel - $668,045,518
Justice League - $657,924,295

While it won't catch up to Wonder Woman domestically, it's weird to think their big tent-pole film Justice League is dead last in all markets.

I thought the movie was great and it deserves the success. Wan took a laughable character, one that was one dimensional in Justice League and crafted a FUN, underwater, adventure film. Here's hoping DC moves in this direction (Wonder Woman included) and away from the Justice League style.

2nd James Wan film to cross 1B.

Suspect's Reviews

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
It also came out in winter, for a chunk of US not as much to do around then so I'm not too shocked.
Indeed, the lack of competition helped it. It'll be interesting to see what movies we see in December once Star Wars is done. Excluding Avatar of course.

For years I wanted an Aquaman movie but admittedly wasn't too excited about this one. Certainly surprised by this.

It's probably got the best 3rd act of a DCEU film, but that's not difficult. The special effects were really good but I didn't think it was a billion dollar movie

Movie Forums Extra
Thats a lot of money.

The DCEU is so broken up though. I was keeping up with them until the Justice League flop. I didn't even care to see Aquaman because there will not be any type of firm continuity.

I'm not a big superhero movie fan, so the Marvel movies weren't doing it for me. However, DC's dark and more realistic approach is what draws me in, but since Marvel set the precedent, it seems as though the DCEU will be ruined as they follow suite.

It also came out in winter, for a chunk of US not as much to do around then so I'm not too shocked.
good observation

Actually it was released just before Christmas, which is considered a key release time for films appealing to families (The last three Star Wars films were released then.). Aquaman's competition was Mary Poppins Returns, Bumblebee (a Transformers film), Spider-man: Into the Spiderverse and Will Ferrell's Sherlock Holmes spoof. You might argue the competition wasn't as stiff, though.