Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Dark Journey aka The Anxious Years (Victor Saville, 1937)
+
"It used to be all girls without clothes, now it's all clothes without girls. Pity."

You can't fight in here.This is the War room!
Dancer in the Dark 10/10

IT 6/10

Murder on the Orient Express (1974) 9/10

Murder on the Orient Express (2017) 7/10

Idi i smotri 8/10

Time Lapse 6/10

The Tenant 9/10

Dunkirk 7/10

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri 9/10

The Shape of Water 6/10

Lady Bird 8/10

Darkest Hour 9/10

Chef

I had an insatiable appetite for cheese toastie after this and I don't like cheese toasties so much

Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond

It's interesting how Carrey went so far for this role but not that interesting

The Ritual

Four Brits take a shortcut through the Swedish woods and bad stuff happens.. I enjoyed it

Justice League

That was weak

Welcome to the human race...
The Battle of Algiers -

guys I don't know if you know this but the French make some really good movies

You can't win an argument just by being right!
The Battle of Algiers -

guys I don't know if you know this but the French make some really good movies
Yeah I'm saving that one for a rainy day which could be this week looking at the weather

BLACK PANTHER
(2018)

Praised as possibly the greatest Marvel superhero movie ever made, the movie is not up to the hype.

The underlying theme of Black Power portayed in the fictional nation of Wakanda, which symbolizes Africa as an entire continent, having the resources (Vibranium) and the brains to sustain advanced technology and strength that matches that of the superpowers of the world without relinquishing its cultural identity if it weren't for the west's exploitation is commendable.

The issue I had with the movie was how the plot was played out, the acting, and even the action sequences, none of which blew my mind away. I guess if I had seen the movie with lower expectations, I would had been a little more satisfied.

Criminally overrated.

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

SING STREET
(2016)

I don't know why it took me this long to see this movie, but I'm glad I finally did.

Amazing story. Amazing acting. Amazing music. Amazing throwback to the 80's and childhood dreams of being in a rock band and getting the girl, and not wasting time and going after those dreams now.

This movie captivated me and moved me because I too had those dreams, and I even tried starting a band in my college years.

This movie is a life changer. Perfect in every way.

The Backwater -

like the cinematography, river shots as background and juxtapose, plus the weird jab commentary regard "the man that started the war" lol. the climactic moment kinda poorly build up and shoot. candidly look more like rehearsal. also overall the story not so digestable for me. strong female cast tho' especially the kotoko's lady and the legend yuko tanaka. remember vaguely see her as oshin what an actress. ken mitsuishi totally miscast imo for the dad's role -seriously it more like comic relief-. nice breakthrough for masaki suda, and he dare went naked and some sex scene -young, contemporaries rising star rarely do, talk image, agency etc- . still most of parts his expression still and just monotenous sullen face especially toward his dad, not yet for show much of his potential.

Idi i smotri 8/10

Darkest Hour 9/10
Wait a minute... IS this, coming from Stanley Kubrick?
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

Hardware (Richard Stanley, 1990)
+
Far more fun than it really ought to be

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

Mute (2018)

If only this had applied to all the critics.

Old good cinema.
A great true noir. I had it at #5 on the top 25 movies of the 1940s. I must have seen it 8-10 times, but now still enjoy watching it every year.

~Doc

The Dark Crystal 4/5

I took my friend's two daughters to see this on the big screen. I wish my own daughter could have gone. However, I realized watching this on the big screen, its pretty scary for young kids. Both girls loved it. Their father had seen it at the cinema when it first came out.

If someone really knows me, they know I am a fan of this film. I have a lot of merchandise that was sold by Sideshow Toys, books and movie posters. The reason Im such a big fan is because of the conceptual artist, Brian Froud.

THE BIG SICK
(2017)

A cleverly written comedy drama by comedian Kumail Naninjani.

The highlight of the film is the dialogue, so it's no wonder it was nominated in the Best Screenplay category at this year's Oscars.