What was the FIRST R-rated movie you WANTED to watch in your life?

Tools    

Not the first R movie you watched, but the first you WANTED to watch in your childhood.

Mine would be T2, True Lies, RoboCop. I knew I was ready to watch them around age 10.

Not the first R movie you watched, but the first you WANTED to watch in your childhood.

Mine would be T2, True Lies, RoboCop. I knew I was ready to watch them around age 10.
I think it was probably Alien. I saw Aliens first, on TV, and then Alien shortly after on video.

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
Growing up I had the game, Enter the Matrix on PS2. I found out that is was a movie ( I was around 7 or 8) and I was dying to see it. My mom rented Matrix Reloaded from the movie rental place, and I fell in love with it. ( Also, it was this movie where I saw my first sex scene lmfao) So basically after my mom rented that, and watched it with me, she didn't let me watch R movies for a long time.

It's hard to remember which ones I *wanted* to see. But I think the first R rated film I *did* see was the original "Godfather." My mom took me to see that one. I think the first one I *wanted* to see was "Deliverance," which my dad would not take me to see. But, he did take me to see "Blazing Saddles," a couple of years later.

I say "hard to remember..." because as a child we spent our summers on Martha's Vineyard. And one of the favorite evening pastimes (and which turned out to be a fantastic baby sitter for kids) were the two local theaters we had right in the center of town and both of which being within walking distance of our house. During those days, parents could literally throw their kids few bucks and they'd be able to go off to one of the theaters, freeing the parents for a couple of hours and come back later. There was usually an 8pm showing and a 10pm showing, depending on the length of the film. Thus, I saw a ton of films that way, and most I think were actually pre-Valenti MPAA ratings. But I don't recall anything actually showing in those theaters that would earn higher than PG-13 these days. The community standards wouldn't have permitted it. I think the first real R rated picture at those theaters was the original M*A*S*H. In fact, my dad sent me home when they saw the theater poster and the rating. Ah well. I'm not sure, but they may have shown "A Clockwork Orange" when it first came out (and was rated "X"), but I don't remember. And, in any case, the theater owners would never allow kids in for that.

Believe it or not, those theaters are still in business, but I wonder if kids can just go by themselves anymore, or if the audience volume is as large as it used to be. They do have the Internet up there, so it's not like they *have* to go to the movies for entertainment. The "Flying Horses" (the oldest operating carousel in the nation) used to have Pin ball machines as a side attraction. Now, it's video games.

But I digress. Yes, I think "Deliverance" was the first one I *wanted* to see but was not allowed to go see.

I think mine was Friday the 13th sadly. My brothers both told me it was scary, almost unbearably so. We could watch it over at my dad's on the weekend, on a B/W tv set with cable. My eyes were covered through most of it but the Harry Manfredini score was enough. Terrifying.

Porky's.
I remember seeing the poster and thinking "this looks like an outstanding film. I would very much like to see it," so I mentioned it to my Ma that I would be very grateful if she would afford me the opportunity to attend a screening of Porky's (back then, at our local twin theater, you needed a note from a parent to get into R rated movies. That system, as I later learned, was severely abused.) I thought it would be fine, after all she had previously allowed me to see Stripes and the Howling, unaccompanied. Alas, it was not to be, as her ABSOLUTELY NO! was so definitive that I think she felt insulted and hurt that me, her only son, would sink so low as to want to view such puerile trash and not great works of art like Stripes or the Howling. I saw it about a year later at a friends house on their new vcr. I enjoyed it very much.

Sorry if this is a bit too over-broad, but back in the day I was spellbound by horror movie covers while browsing the local rental shop. I distinctly recall the dead (dawn/day of the dead) series, ocean-based (deep star six, the abyss) horror flicks, and the back covers and descriptions of B-movies which showed character's expressions right before they get snuffed.

To this day, I recall this specific movie where on the back cover it showed these kids getting slaughtered one-by-one, but it felt like a movie inspired by Goonies. I really want to watch it or know what movie it is, but I also don't, because the memory of seeing that box on the shelf is too exquisite.

Sorry if this is a bit too over-broad, but back in the day I was spellbound by horror movie covers while browsing the local rental shop. I distinctly recall the dead (dawn/day of the dead) series, ocean-based (deep star six, the abyss) horror flicks, and the back covers and descriptions of B-movies which showed character's expressions right before they get snuffed.

To this day, I recall this specific movie where on the back cover it showed these kids getting slaughtered one-by-one, but it felt like a movie inspired by Goonies. I really want to watch it or know what movie it is, but I also don't, because the memory of seeing that box on the shelf is too exquisite.
The Mutilator?

Can you believe this?! lol

Woah, that is fantastic. I looked the box up and since there is more than one version of it, I think I recalled two of them at the same time. This is the one that stuck out to me the most (the other version I saw had several scenes on the back):

edit: grammar/spelling
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	betafront.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	35418  

Woah, that is fantastic. I looked the box up and since there is more than one version of it, I think I recalled two of them at the same time. This is the one that stuck out to me the most (the other version I saw had several scenes on the back):

edit: grammar/spelling
I remember this film sharing shelf space with Reanimator, Remo Williams, Gotcha, Into the Night, Cat's Eye..you get the picture. I have the feeling you and I both were there at the video stores, when these titles were all randomly displayed on the new release shelf?

my first rated R movie that i saw was basic instinct and angel heart, i was a kid back then that wasn t supposed to watch these movies but happened that my uncle who used to live in the US brought with him video casettes compressed with many many films from the 80s and 90s, so there u go xd

Porky's.
I remember seeing the poster and thinking "this looks like an outstanding film. I would very much like to see it," so I mentioned it to my Ma that I would be very grateful if she would afford me the opportunity to attend a screening of Porky's (back then, at our local twin theater, you needed a note from a parent to get into R rated movies. That system, as I later learned, was severely abused.) I thought it would be fine, after all she had previously allowed me to see Stripes and the Howling, unaccompanied. Alas, it was not to be, as her ABSOLUTELY NO! was so definitive that I think she felt insulted and hurt that me, her only son, would sink so low as to want to view such puerile trash and not great works of art like Stripes or the Howling. I saw it about a year later at a friends house on their new vcr. I enjoyed it very much.
Well, Porky's had a couple of different things going on. Yes, there was the sex part of it, but there was also the "bigotry" and ethnic stereotypes part as well (i.e.southern "rednecks" vs. Jews, etc.). Although, at least they resolved that in the 1st movie. And, at least Scott Colomby (Brian) stayed for the entire trilogy.

By the time Porky's was released, I was already in college and had seen much worse things. In fact, I had even shown a few of them as a projectionist for the student union. My college had a very distinct penchant for having "adult films" shown on the worst possible days (religious holidays, etc.). And me being one of the "newbies" on staff, I had to work those gigs.

I remember this film sharing shelf space with Reanimator, Remo Williams, Gotcha, Into the Night, Cat's Eye..you get the picture. I have the feeling you and I both were there at the video stores, when these titles were all randomly displayed on the new release shelf?
Good times. I used to love going into the mom and pop shops where everything was put up in a sort of idiosyncratic way, and there was always better lighting/personality there than in the major chains.

Good times. I used to love going into the mom and pop shops where everything was put up in a sort of idiosyncratic way, and there was always better lighting/personality there than in the major chains.
Yes, sir. My experience were like 25 ft high ceilings with a counter that had abut a city block of space behind it storing all of the brown textured vhs hard shell cases with all the actual films inside. The clerks were a guy that looked and acted like Jon Cryer and a girl that had a fish lipped smarmy and shy but bitchy disposition, which I loved. They both probably hated me. I was down there every other day, forging my dad's checks to buy or rent films like R.O.T.O.R. or Light Years (1987).

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Terminator 2 for me at age 9.

Blade Runner. Before anything else, it was Blade Runner. I was devastated when I found out it was rated R and I was too young for it.