Favorite movie panned by critics ....

Tools    

What movie is one of your favorites, but was panned by the critics? Please don't say gigli!

Pennies From Heaven (1981 - Hebert Ross)
Hudson Hawk (1991 - Michael Lehmann)
Full Frontal (2002 - Steven Soderbergh)
Made (2001 - Jon Favreau)
The Man Who Knew Too Little (1997 - Jon Amiel)
Quick Change (1990 Howard Franklin & Bill Murray)
Love's Labour's Lost (2000 - Kenneth Branagh)
Masked & Anonymous (2003 - Larry Charles)
They All Laughed (1981 - Peter Bogdanovich)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Made (2001 - Jon Favreau)
I loved "Made". It was hilarious, the best comedy of that year.

Lets hope "The Brown Bunny" will be on our lists next year.

I am having a nervous breakdance
The first that comes to mind is Gummo (1997) by Harmony Korine. To be honest, it wasn't really loathed by all critics, some even liked it as much as I did. But especially the conservative (not talking politics now, damnit) section of the critics corps thought it was worse than horrible. And I think I am pretty alone in this crowd in loving it too.

Let's see, what else....

Clueless (1995) by Amy Heckerling. Did that one get bad reviews? I love it anyway.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I must become Caligari..!
Blade Runner [1982]

The Adventures of Ford Fairlane [1990]

And Swept Away [2002]
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Clueless got geat reviews.
Oh, okay... Don't remember what the reviews were like in Sweden.

Originally Posted by Hondo333
Blade Runner [1982]

Yeah, I love Blade Runner, but it got terrible reviews.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Fear and Loathing in las Vegas

The movies below has got the thumb down but I give it a thumbs up!Most of them are old and not newer movies that came out!

"Hook" it is not that bad!
"SuperMario Brothers"The movie:It is not that bad either not bad to be a flop maybe one star but not a bomber!
"Mortal Komet" a good karate movie plotless but if you like the game you would like the movie should had not been bombed I would give it inleast two stars it was creative!
Anyway that is it for now!See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

The 'Burbs
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Originally Posted by ArchibaldTuttle
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Hey, that's weird! I went to this thread only to add that movie!

I was taking a look at the upcoming weekend's movies on tv and saw that Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is on tv on saturday. I was of course happy since I think it is hillarious but saw to my surprise that the paper's reviewer had given it only a 1/5 grading! I remember that when I saw it I felt that it was bit too long, but I laughed really hard a lot of times and Depp and del Toro are fantastic in it.

I must become Caligari..!
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Hey, that's weird! I went to this thread only to add that movie!

I was taking a look at the upcoming weekend's movies on tv and saw that Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is on tv on saturday. I was of course happy since I think it is hillarious but saw to my surprise that the paper's reviewer had given it only a 1/5 grading! I remember that when I saw it I felt that it was bit too long, but I laughed really hard a lot of times and Depp and del Toro are fantastic in it.
Its one of the best films of the 90's.....

The movie "Newies" did not make good rates either and I think that is a great Disney musical I am still a fan of the music and the movie it should had not bombed!
The movie "Burbs" bombed?That movie is great it is funny and well acted one of the first movies I seen Tom Hanks in!Those guys have no idea how to rate a movie if they think that movie sucked!
See you around!JM

Originally Posted by Jackie Malfoy
The movie "Burbs" bombed?That movie is great it is funny and well acted one of the first movies I seen Tom Hanks in!Those guys have no idea how to rate a movie if they think that movie sucked!
See you around!JM
I really have no idea if it bombed, it just seems like the type of movie critics would pan, and its probably somewhere in my top ten favorite movies of all time, I probably watch it at least once a month

"You Couldn't Make It Up...!!!"
Originally Posted by indietalk.com
What movie is one of your favorites, but was panned by the critics? Please don't say gigli!
I don't run with the herd. If I did then I'd be watching crap like the latest James Cameron opus ad nauseum. Think TITANIC, think boredom, think s**t...

Nah, f**k the critics. Haven't read anything decent since Pauline Kael kicked it. Um, that's a lie! There's always Alan Jones, Mike Sutton, David Kerekes, Kim Newman and tons and tons of other cutting edge film scribes that I just love reading.

JR

None of my favorites were panned by critics, but I love Disturbing Behavior.

Most recently though, I saw Torque, and that was pretty cool. I never read the reviews for it, but I'm pretty sure it was panned. I liked it a lot though. The perfect film for just getting way and watching some action entertainment.

Critics gave Bad Boys 2 a C-. Of course when I went to see it, It was in the top 5 best movies i've ever seen, so NEVER trust reviews.

the Burbs is great

Hook is a terrific movie

like I said. . .Blade Runner is good

annnnd. . .that's it!