Is there one movie everyone likes?

Tools    

I was wondering if there was a movie ever made that we all like? "Like" does not mean you have to think it was great, but good enough to say you liked it, and would watch it again. When I say "all" I mean all who happen to view this thread, as those who do not view it are removed from this equation. How it works is simple I will start with a movie I like, if you did not like it you state why, and list another. If no one states within say a week that they do not like it, then we will crown it "The movie everyone likes" Try to make the movie one that is mainstream, or easily accessible: TV, rental, theater, Netflix, etc...

I will start off with: Psycho

Originally Posted by 7thson
I was wondering if there was a movie ever made that we all like? "Like" does not mean you have to think it was great, but good enough to say you liked it, and would watch it again. When I say "all" I mean all who happen to view this thread, as those who do not view it are removed from this equation. How it works is simple I will start with a movie I like, if you did not like it you state why, and list another. If no one states within say a week that they do not like it, then we will crown it "The movie everyone likes" Try to make the movie one that is mainstream, or easily accessible: TV, rental, theater, Netflix, etc...

Hitchcock's version of Psycho ?? Yes, it is a fantastic piece of movie history. With Hitchcock's own vision and classic style of both story and visualization, it is a film to be treasured.

If you are talking about the remake by Gus Van Sant, starring Anne Heche and Vince Vaughn..............No

It was beauty killed the beast.
Which Psycho?

If you're referring to Hitchcock's Psycho then Kong likes it. Even so, Kong hopes we won't find a film that everyone likes. It's differing views that make these forums fun.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I'm thinking It's a Wonderful Life

Not one of my favorites, but I liked the film.

That was before they started showing it thirty times a day during the holidays.

Psycho maybe too bloody for some peoples taste.

Raiders of the Lost Ark
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Raiders of the Lost Arc
How could you not like Raiders? Indiana Jones could take on Godzilla with his bare hands.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Plan 9 From Outer Space?

(ok. I'll go back in my box)

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
How could you not like Raiders? Indiana Jones could take on Godzilla with his bare hands.
Did you even read the original post? It asks what's a movie everybody does like.

EDIT: It appears that I haven't read it through either. this is a game.

Originally Posted by yowser
Plan 9 From Outer Space?

(ok. I'll go back in my box)

I can't believe you like anything from Ed Wood. Or is is, Edward D. Wood Jr.

I like Hitchcock’s Psycho… but it is not a movie I would watch over and over again… so I am going with Slay on Raiders of the Lost Arc…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Sorry everyone I guess I started this thread of with a bit of confusion. Basically I was wondering if there was a movie/movies out there that we all liked. I guess we should just go with that idea. My first mention: Psycho, was the original. Anyone out there not like it?

Originally Posted by Kong
Which Psycho?

If you're referring to Hitchcock's Psycho then Kong likes it. Even so, Kong hopes we won't find a film that everyone likes. It's differing views that make these forums fun.
I agree totally Kong, but it wouldnt hurt if there was just one movie that we ALL enjoyed...............or would it....hmmmmm.

Sorry everyone I guess I started this thread of with a bit of confusion. Basically I was wondering if there was a movie/movies out there that we all liked. I guess we should just go with that idea. My first mention: Psycho, was the original. Anyone out there not like it?
Nah, you made your point well. I didn't read it thouroughly. My bad.

I think there will be a few younger posters who may not have even seen Psycho. Maybe I'm wrong.

My first mention: Psycho, was the original. Anyone out there not like it?

I didn't like it the first time I saw it... but I was wayyyy too young and wasn't supposed to be watching it in the first place... and I ended up taking a baseball bat with me to take a shower for over a month...

I think JRS has the idea and I think whenever someone says whether they like or dilike they should say what they liked or disliked, I also, however, believe this thread should be moved to the Games and Tabs forum. Anyone else agree?

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
I think JRS has the idea and I think whenever someone says whether they like or dilike they should say what they liked or disliked, I also, however, believe this thread should be moved to the Games and Tabs forum. Anyone else agree?
It wasnt my original intention for this to be a "game" thread, although I see how it should belong there, so I agree.

Originally Posted by jrs
What about we do it this way ?

The Blues Brothers

Like it / Dislike it

Liked:

I have seen this movie in the musical sections of some rental stores, but also in the comedy section. I think it fits well in either; only those who do not like Belushi or Aykroyd would not like this film, that or take offense to the relgious tone. Regardless, I think it was a fun movie filled with memorable scenes and songs.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!

Liked

This is the film Hitchcock is most famous for, although he was already one of the most powerful and influential directors in the world at the time he made it. The suspense built around Marion Crane's situation is terrific, and it throws the audience's attention away from what is about to happen to her, making the shower scene all the more exciting, but credit should be given to the novel's author, as well, Peter Bloch, who creates the same situation in the book. Anthony Perkins, although completely different than the character in the book, plays Norman brilliantly. There are a few things in the book I wish Hitchcock had included, but there are also things Hitchcock took from the book and made better. I could go on and on with a formal review, but maybe another time.

Originally Posted by jrs

The Blues Brothers
Liked

So many memorable lines from this film. "We're on a mission from Gawd." This is probably Ackroyd's best character on film, but Belushi seems to get most of the credit.
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10