Current Top Five Favorite Actors

Tools    

Here's my top 5 current, and my favorite performances of theirs:

Sean Penn (Fast Times and Dead Man Walking. THAT, my friends, is range)

Robert Downey Jr. (Wonder Boys, Chaplin)

Morgan Freeman (The Shawshank Redemption)

Kevin freakin Spacey (everything he's done)

Gary Oldman (Sid and Nancy)

Honorable Mention: Tim Roth, and the usual: De Niro, Pacino, etc.

For older guys, I've gotta go with Brando. Aside from basically inventing modern movie acting, everything he's ever done, he's been completely believable. He's had a couple bombs (Island of Dr. Moreau), but all the greats do. Think of Pay it Forward if you think Spacey's never done wrong.

Great picks. Sean Penn is a brilliant actor.

I would hesitate, though, to call Penn's work in "Fast Times" acting or great evidence of his range. Spicoli rocks, but it's nothing Keanu Reeves couldn't do -- he did ("Bill & Ted's" -- it pales in comparison to the classic "Fast Times," but neither Reeves nor Penn had to do do anything particularly difficult).

But to counterpoint myself (and further agree with you): Penn was simply amazing as Kleinfeld in "Carlito's Way," a character that is different in every way from Poncelot.

Alright, Alright...

1. Robert DeNiro
2. Al Pacino
3. Joe Pesci
4. Jack Nichalson
5. Brad Pit

How can anyone possibly even think to put Kevin BAcon on anything other than a list of the most horribly-tressed actors?!? He's terrible. You know why there's six degrees to Kevin Bacon? B/c he's made his career out of being the worst actor in a bunch of good movies and the only actor in a string of terrible ones.

My picks:

1. John Cusack
2. Johnny Depp
3. Ed Norton
4. John Turturro
5. either Brad Pitt or Kevin Spacey

My runners-up:

Orson Welles
Jason Robards
Marlon Brando (save his horrible turn in ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU)
Robert De Niro
and in the one thing I've seen of his: Javier Bardem (BEFORE NIGHT FALLS)

Now - who are the worst (Kevin BAcon aside, of course?) and who are the best actresses?)

For actress:

1. Julianne Moore
2. Frances McDormand
3. Susan Sarandon
4. Natasha Lyonne
5. either Christina Ricci in her indie movies or Cathy Moriarty just for her stellar performance in RAGING BULL

Runners-up

Diane Keaton
Ellen Burstyn
Penelope Cruz in ALL ABOUT MY MOTHER
Juliette Binoche in BLUE

And the all-time worst actress/not-really-an-actress-but pretends-to-be-one-anyway-for-no-apparent-reason:

(drum roll please.....)

the pitiful Cybil Sheppard.

OH i completely forgot Robert Downey, Jr. and I should be shot for leaving him off the list. But, if you took my advice, then you wouldn't get to hear my fabulous opinion on all the other threads here...

Bacon gets acting jobs because he's hung like a yeti.

ok Im a new but my favorite 5 actors Of all time are 1) Ed Norton
2) Robert De Niro
3) Tom Hanks
4) Matt Damion
5) Joe Pesci

Hi! Im Plite! I only like british actors, loll.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I just looked back at my old list and realized I'm an idiot. So here's my new list.

Actors:
5. Kevin Spacey
4. Michael J. Fox
3. Bruce Willis
2. Robert Downey Jr.
1. Edward Norton

Honorable Mentions:
Morgan Freeman
Brad Pitt
Guy Pearce
Denzel Washington
Samuel L. Jackson
Tom Hanks

Actresses:
5. Christina Ricci
4. Julianna Margolis(I think thats how you spell her name)
3. Julianne Moore
2. Elisabeth Shue
1. Judy Dench

Honorable Mentions:
Helen Hunt
Jodie Foster
Helena Bonham Carter
and right now I can not think of her name, she was the wife in American Beauty, I think her name is Annete Benning, but I'm not sure.

I don't know. I like a lot of actors.
Pitt, Depp, Norton, Downey is good, Robards was mentioned earlier and he was great, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Turturro...

As far as the women go I think the world is desparate for talent. Ricci is good in most stuff but I can't think of any actresses who I think are REALLY good. Maybe I just can;t relate to the women characters or something. I like Winona Ryder too.

Julianne moore, she is Brill !!! and Now that I think about it, I like Phil S Hoffman too, he seems a very cool guy even tho he is amewican, hahaha! Hey Sultan, does this site look hacked from where you are?

I don't know what you're talking about.

Yeah, Julianne Moore is exquisite as an actress isn't she. I'm kind of partial anyways, but we won't get into all that...Some of you may know why and others may not.

Depp is one of my favorites. As is Brad Pitt, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Tim Robbins, and (you're right, Steve): Morgan Freeman.

Oh, and OG: It's Julianna Margulies. Her Dad invented the original jingle for Alka-Seltzer, I do believe. "Plop plop, fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is...!"

And P.S. - Helen Hunt is not only a putrid actress, she's a terribly mean person, so I hear. Ain't she a b****!

oh and Sultan, that was moi who mentioned the late great Mr. Jason Robards. His most fabulous performance is as Ben Bradlee in ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN. Beautifully understated performance. The man was gold!

I am ashamed that i forgot to mention Tim Robbins. ouch, he's good.

I know this is off topic put how do u start a new post

Immediately above and below the list of all topics there are two links. One says "new thread", the other, "new poll".

Click, braniac.

Sorry, I can't not be mean.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Go into the main forum, its a little hard to tell which is which right now, but don't worry it won't be like that forever. Then from there click the button that says new thread.

My top 5 actors:

5. Robert Downey Jr.
4. Edward Norton
3. Robert Deniro
2. Sean Penn
1. John Turturro

At this point and time I just feel that Turturro is the man. In Do the Right Thing he was such a believable biggot. In Luzchien(whatever) Defense he was a crazy dude which I think would be pretty easy to do but he just had a way and technique all his own when he did it. The Big Lebowski as Jesus he had 5 minutes of screen time but sticks out in my memory. Then he was in Quiz Show i think it was called. He beats everybody around today.