Floating shoutbox

Tools    

i don't even know if this is possible, but just like when you click the [get more] smilies and a small pop-up appears, is it possible to have a floating shoutbox, rather than having to open a new browser window? probably too much work involved in it hmm?

just a thought

yes, exactly

And while we're discussing the Shoutbox; could we get it to start refreshing itself every minute again? Or at least have the option: manual or automatic refresh? Having to refresh it all the time is insane.

ooohhh..aaaand, if the pop-up shoutbox is a no-goer, is it possible to have a current active users showing at the top of the shoutbox page??

i ain't complaining though - i promise i luuuuurve this place

Both are quite possible. I'll just need to force myself to sit down and do it. Knowing me I'll wait until a Saturday or Sunday comes along, sit down, and make five of six significant changes at once. That's how it usually works, unofficially.

Put me in your pocket...
Yoda...would a floating shout box take longer to go between forums on terms of memory? I'm curious, because of the floating snow you had during the holidays. It was lovely, but it took forever for me even to post something. And many times when a pop up add would...well pop up...my computer would crash. As soon as you got rid of the snow, my crashing stopped. Would that have been caused by having dail up connection, or is it a memory problem. And do you think I would have the same problem with the floating shout box?

No, not at all. This would be "floating" in a very different sense. It would popup just the way the Favorite Movies and "Get More" Smilies links work, basically. So, no need to worry.

aniko...what o/s and browser are you using??

Put me in your pocket...
Thanks for the explanation Yoda.

n7of9: I use Netscape 5 and have just a regular dial up connection. What does o/s does stand for?

aniko: o/s = operating system (eg, i'm on WIN98 with 256MB ram)

i'm asking because when i was using WIN98 with 256 and Internet Explorer, i used to get heaps of crashes....i have since booted IE (and as many microsoft products as i could) and now use Mozilla and hardely EVER get crashes....all my problems were derived from MS products

Put me in your pocket...
I have a Mac OS 9.2 with 320 MB.

Gahhh...I just noticed...I meant to say I use Explorer 5.0. I used to use Netscape but switched. I'm confused with all this tech stuff sometimes.

How hard would it be to get our Shoutbox into some pants, Chris? I believe it is time that we clothe our boards a little more? Your thoughts?