Werewolf Films

Tools    

I want to see a film set in a world of werewolfs where all they do is play table tennis and drink lemonade.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Half man, half machine
Werewolf of London starring Henry Hull and released by Universal in 1935 is a gem. It’s equal to the more famous Universal werewolf film, The Wolf Man.

"If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed." - Stanley Kubrick

"Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you." - Roger Ebert

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
I want to see a film set in a world of werewolfs where all they do is play table tennis and drink lemonade.
Teen Wolf III- I've Got Puppy Power

Starring: Frankie Muniz

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
DOG SOLDIERS
AMERICAN WEREWLF IN LONDON
GINGER SNAPS (Avoid it's sequel and prequel)

Suspect's Reviews

Originally Posted by OPUS
What about 'Company of Wolves'? I though it was a really good film.
Now that you've reminded me, I loved that movie, and it's parobably in the same league as 'An American Werewolf in London' in my list of top horror flicks. I was hoping to buy it on DVD, but I don't think it's available as a Region 2 (UK).

I never saw 'The Howling', but I read a book by the same title (written by Gary Brandner), so I'm wondering if the book and the movie were one and the same story? What is a synopsis of The Howling?

Ta,
AA
------------------------------­---------------------
http://www.publishedauthors.net/aa_spaceagent/
"The ultimate dream adventure awaiting humanity..."
------------------------------­---------------------

I am the Nightrider!
"Brotherhood of the Wolf" is not a "werewolf movie."

Here's my top 10 list...

01. "The Howling" (1981, Joe Dante)

02. "An American Werewolf in London" (1981, John Landis)

03. "The Wolf Man" (1941, George Waggner)

04. "Dog Soldiers" (2002, Neil Marshall)

05. "Wolf" (1994, Mike Nichols)

06. "The Company of Wolves" (1984, Neil Jordon)

07. "Silver Bullet" (1985, Daniel Attias)

08. "Ginger Snaps" (2000, John Fawcett)

09. "The Beast Must Die" (1974, Paul Annett)

10. "Teen Wolf" (1985, Rod Daniel)

Honorable Mention:

"Wolfen" (1981, Michael Wadleigh)

UJ

Game over man..Game over!
American werewolf in London
The Howling
Les pacte des Loups( Brotherhood of the Wolf)
Silver Bullet

Pitch for a werewolf film.

A series of murders happen in a small town, of course, and the detective that's sent to investigate can't make sense of them. All the murders are gruesome: animal hair around the bodies, faces chewed off, marked teritory (WITH PEE), all the murders happen on a full moon, etc, etc. The news paper starts to call the murderer, The Werewolf. There would be a couple of people who you might think would be the killer and you'd also be torn between thinking it was a werewolf or someone murdering like a werewolf. At the end, you'd find out it was an actual werewolf, and it would kill the cop so there could be some sequels.

DON'T STEAL THAT OR I'LL KILL YOU LIKE A WEREWOLF!

d. quintero

harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban (while technically NOT a werewolf film as such, but contains a werewolf as a character)

wolfen
an american werewolf in london
wolf

jack nicholsons wolf wasnt all that bad.it could of been better but still not bad.i liked the werewolves in the underworld movie.

I was going to revive this thread, but it seems like I really don't have anything to add to the discussion, so I decided not to revive it after all.

DOH!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I mean...how can you top An American Werewolf in London? It's pretty damn hard to even imagine it.

I was going to revive this thread, but it seems like I really don't have anything to add to the discussion, so I decided not to revive it after all.
The old Wolfman series starring Lon Chaney Jr. is the only werewolf films worth watching because he's the only "creature" who doesn't appear to rejoice in his beastliness. Instead, he's an unhappy victim of dire circumstances, always seeking a cure and horrified that he may kill again, unlike today's modern werewolf films where they delight in their special effects and hunt down Army patrols.

Wonder why no one ever used other were-creatures instead of just wolves. Like in the game of Dungeons & Dragons where, depending on one's human personallity, one might be a werewolf, or a werebear or a wererat. How about wererabbits, like that character that goes after the knights in Monty Python and the Holy Grail? The film that probably comes the closest to that concept is The Island of Dr. Moreau where animals are turned into men with tragic results. There's a really sad aspect to those animals fighting vainly against their real natures, crying out, "Are we not men?"

DOH![/quote]

DOG SOLDIERS
AMERICAN WEREWLF IN LONDON
GINGER SNAPS (Avoid it's sequel and prequel)
I second that motion. My favourite werewolf movie of all time, and one of my fav films too.

The old Wolfman series starring Lon Chaney Jr. is the only werewolf films worth watching because he's the only "creature" who doesn't appear to rejoice in his beastliness. Instead, he's an unhappy victim of dire circumstances, always seeking a cure and horrified that he may kill again,
Agreed. I love the original The Wolf Man. I don't have anything against some of the others, like An American Werewolf In London or Dog Soldiers (in fact, I love both of those, too), I just think it's too unappreciated.

Agreed. I love the original The Wolf Man. I don't have anything against some of the others, like An American Werewolf In London or Dog Soldiers (in fact, I love both of those, too), I just think it's too unappreciated.
The things I dislike most about modern werewolf movies are (1) the special computer effects they now use to make the werewolfs look more like wolfs than like actors made up as wolves. That losses the humanity that was always obvious in Lon Chaney Jr. as the Wolf Man. Today's computerized werewolves are as alien as, well, as the Alien. There's no humanity there, only a monster; (2) Modern computerized werewolves just rip and bite and sling blood, going for the gore instead of the suspense of Lon Chaney's wolf man stalking his victim through the night. In Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein, there's a scene where Lon Jr. has the unsuspecting Abbott and Costello lock him in his newly rented apartment just as the full moon is rises. But then Abbott remembers they didn't give their new tenant any clean towels and sends Costello back in to make the delivery. Costello serches in vain from room to room for Chaney while the Wolf Man stalks him just steps behind, always being frustrated when he makes a grab for his unsuspecting victim. Now even as a kid, I know the Wolf Man is not going to gobble up Costello only a third of the way through the movie, but that stalking scene is one of the most intense I've ever seen in film, even though it's played for laughs all the way.