Worst "Surprise" Ending

Tools    

Eh, I think you're reading too much into it, it probably only sounded nervous, because no one wants to look daft by laughing at something of that nature, but it was just too damn funny; too bad it wasn't intentional.
Normally I would agree with you...but I went to see it a second time and came away with the same impression. But yes, whether or not a laugh was needed, I do think the laugh was a little too big...seeing as how it was one of just four or five in the entire movie.

Now With Moveable Parts
For me, personally, it ripped me out of my "movie mode". Ya know...I was all into it and totally enjoying it, then that whole thing happened and it really broke the flow...
I don't know, now I could be reading too much into it.

Ah, I know that feeling. When you suddenly look at the wall next to you and think "Wait a second...I'm in a movie theater. Damnitt, Yoda isn't real!" Bad feeling.

crazed out movie freak
but I went to see it a second time ...

now whos mediocker...

sorry man had to go there. anyone paying twice for that crap has to get some flack...

The Adventure Starts Here!
Wait, Chris ... so you were watching Unbreakable and suddenly thought, "Wait a second...I'm in a movie theater. Damnitt, Yoda isn't real!"..??

Talk about your mind wandering!

crazed out movie freak
alright someone needs a forum break..

I would have to go with The Ninth Gate, not because I called it, but because it didn't make any sence.

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Of recent movies..."Jurassic Park 3" sticks in my mind as having a lazy cop-out ending.

It ended all too sudden...the Spinosaurus should have had his and not just dissapeared into the night like a cat burglar.

And Billy was Pterandon chow. He should have been left to die as a hero.
It pisses me off when they feel they`ve got to have an upbeat ending...leave the sucker Dead.
And I won`t mention the million marines that happen to turn up when it`s all too late...Then again, maybe I will.

Beware the Moon
Originally posted by LordSlaytan
I would have to go with The Ninth Gate, not because I called it, but because it didn't make any sence.
That would depend on how much attention you paid to the film whilst you watched it. If you pay attention, the clues are all there and the ending then makes perfect sense as it is explained throughout the film. Half watching a movie doesn't mean that it is bad. Didn't mean to sound as if I was berating you there.

As far as "worst surprise endings"?.........I would say that I found Sixth Sense and The Others very predictable and rather cliche, so they had completely unsurprising endings.

The Ninth Gate bit. The ending sorta made sense...but not really. For example:

WARNING: "The Ninth Gate" spoilers below
Who was the chick? They don't give you so much as a clue. Just someone thrown into the mix so the screenwriter could save his brain power, I expect.

Regardless of how much sense it made, though (not much, IMO. Why would he want to do that? I don't think we got any hints earlier on that he had any such desire), it was a craptacular ending, for sure. An ending can make sense and still suck, after all.

That would depend on how much attention you paid to the film whilst you watched it. If you pay attention, the clues are all there and the ending then makes perfect sense as it is explained throughout the film. Half watching a movie doesn't mean that it is bad. Didn't mean to sound as if I was berating you there.

Man, I've always been proud that I'm the guy that gets it in the movies. I was able to understan Mulholland Drive more than the ending to The Ninth Gate. I watched it twice, looked on Eberts site, asked friends who had seen it. Nobody could figure out what the ending meant. Forgive me, but its been a long time since I've seen it, so I can't remember all that mystified me. I know what Yoda posted was one aspect, but there's more. Mainly the ending itself, after what happened 5 minutes before the end, and then his walk into the....
That just doesn't make sence to me. If you've figured it out, then enlighten me, but I did pay attention. <---- is that civil enough?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

On the other hand, I think the one and ONLY good thing about Scooby-Doo is who they chose to be the bad guy.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Enemies are so stimulating.
yeah i could argue both sides. i mean i didnt like that they chose ?? but it was a big suprise for me.

its not the only thing in it that is good though. i thought it was one of those fun kids films.

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
There are endings to movies that i think suck, the ones that really annoying me are the ones that leave you guessing what happens next, did they die, did they live....who killed who and why, where is the plot going next? i mean, it's like they get to the climax, then end the movie??

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

Enemies are so stimulating.
yeah thats like the end of panic room. but i loved that movie so much that i didnt really care.

Sorry Steve, but you are simply wrong about The Usual Suspects. You seem to have missed the fact the this is a detective mystery. Have you never seen Agatha Christie, or read Sherlock Holmes? The entertainment of this genre comes from its ability to masque the true sequence of events untill the end, often revealing them in ways that would be impossible to discover in "the real world". The Usual Suspects does a wonderful job of setting up the crime, the suspects, and the clues and slowly letting us in on the big picture. What plays well in this movie is the mix of comedy and suspense, coupled with an uravelling mystery that is told by a well-acted Kevin Spacey.

WARNING: "The Usual Suspects" spoilers below
The real twist isn't that Spacey, the narrator, turns out to be the killer--its that he gets AWAY!

ADMIN EDIT: please use spoiler tags next time.

Now if that isn't cool, I don't know what is. BTW, I nominate Lord of the Rings for the absolute worst ending ever. How many battle scenes did we have to watch in that snoozer, only to see Frodo row off into the sunset, with none of the original action resolved.

I don't think LOTR: FOTR's ending was at all stupid. There was simply NO other way to handle it. The movie had to be somewhat unresolved. They ended it at a very good stopping point.