X2: X-Men United

→ in
Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally posted by spark_no1
I saw it to day and i disagree way kong the film was brill i woud of liked too see a 3 hour movie with all the x men i liked the action but there should be more and im glad they didnt go for the matrix feel cos i like to no wen sumtin aint a cheap rip off thats the mistake they made with spiderman but it did need it in sum bits
How was Spiderman a rip off of the Matrix? I took nothing at all from The Matrix. The only possible reason you could think this is becuase it uses slow motion in a few scenes, and to say that every movie that uses slow motion to covey action is ripping off The Matrix is not only an unintelligent statement, but it is giving The Matrix way too much credit. So if that was a little harsh, but for some reason that statement got my blood boiling.

Who was Stryker's son meant to be? Despite the name my first thought was Gambit as they said two or three times that he was a master of illusion. Then on second viewing I saw Gambit's real name on the computer. That put paid to that idea.

Overall the movie was great and the nod towards Phoenix was good. The Phoenix Saga episodes are the only ones of the cartoon I have on DVD so that was an easy spot for me.

I loved Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler. I remember him from a few years ago on a fantastic British sitcom called The High Life. He's certainly come a long way from there.

The only thing about X3 is that there are going to have to be a hell of a lot of bad guys with the increasing numbers of the X Men. It may get too confusing.

I saw it to day and i disagree way kong the film was brill i woud of liked too see a 3 hour movie with all the x men i liked the action but there should be more and im glad they didnt go for the matrix feel cos i like to no wen sumtin aint a cheap rip off thats the mistake they made with spiderman but it did need it in sum bits
How old are you?

Who cares. This movie was way better than The Matrix. That opening scene is the most badass action I've seen in a long time.

Originally posted by filmfreak
Who was Stryker's son meant to be? Despite the name my first thought was Gambit as they said two or three times that he was a master of illusion. Then on second viewing I saw Gambit's real name on the computer. That put paid to that idea.

Overall the movie was great and the nod towards Phoenix was good. The Phoenix Saga episodes are the only ones of the cartoon I have on DVD so that was an easy spot for me.

I loved Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler. I remember him from a few years ago on a fantastic British sitcom called The High Life. He's certainly come a long way from there.

The only thing about X3 is that there are going to have to be a hell of a lot of bad guys with the increasing numbers of the X Men. It may get too confusing.
I'm not quite sure about Stryker's son myself. I think he might be a creation for the movie. Holden probobly knows. I didn't recognize him in any event.

us r all $$$$ i said i like it wen i saw it first the matrix was my first slo mo film and x2 had no slo mo bits the bit ur thinkin off was the bit wen time stopped spiderman was well btr than x2 x1 put to gether

me 21

the matrix was btr obviously cummin from an imateur boy whos opinion is not wanted

I believe that Jason Stryker is supposed to be Mastermind (Jason Wyngarde in the Dark Phoenix saga arc). At least, their powers are the same. I'm not sure what Mastermind's backstory was, so I don't know if they've just given his powers to a new character, but he was the one who broke Jean's mind in the comics and brought her into the Hellfire Club.

Yeah, I pulled out and reread the graphic novel after seeing the end of X2.

[waves] Hi!

the matrix was btr obviously cummin from an imateur boy whos opinion is not wanted

I have no idea what you just said.

Deathstrike was the ****. I wish she won the battle. And it should have been much bloodier than it was, blood should have splattered all over the camera lens.

Regardless, X Men 2 is one of my favorite movies I've seen this year, along with Raising Victor Vargas and Spider.

Movie Explorer
I hope they have Juggernaut in the next part, that's a villain I've always wanted to see in an X-Men movie. I also hope Gambit is in X3 because when Mystique was logging on Lady Deathstrike's computer, the name Remy LeBeau appeared on the list.

I'd also like to see The Blob and possibly Sauron so that the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants expands. So far there's Magneto, Mystique, Toad and Pyro. Sabretooth should just fight on his own. What would be cool is for an opening scene where Wolverine and Sabretooth meet somewhere and fight to the death and Sabretooth finally getting killed. Either that or Juggernaut rampaging the city and Colossus coming to fight him or something lol.

They need to show Jubilee do more than just sit there and say a one-liner. Iceman needs to turn into an actual "Ice" man and fight and Beast needs to appear with the X-Men in at least one fight scene.

I'd also like to see Psylocke...

but some of those characters should be in X3 and the rest in X4.

Anyway, I liked X2....Nightcrawler was awesome and I like how Colossus was in it during Stryker's invasion on the X-Mansion. I hope Angel or Havoc appears in future X-Sequels and they could just say that these guys left a while ago and just returned.

X2 is definitely one of the better superhero flicks I've seen. It's better than the first X-Men movie too.

What is up with Toad and Sabertooth? Are they still alive? I remember something with getting away, but my memory isn't all that great. It has been a while.

That Mastermind thing does spring to mind no that it has been mentioned, but I still thinkit was a character exclusive to the movie. (I wonder if the Hellfire Club will appear in the next movie?) And how would they end the third movie? Jean has already "died" once. If She dies again, wouldn't it begin to loose credibility?

I too would like to see Juggernaut.

I want a new secondary villian, such as maybe Mastermold and the sentinels, or maybe Phoenix, or Apocalypse (on second thought, I don't think the Apocalypse saga could be done believably). I got off track...they need a new secondary villain, plus an improved Brotherhood to battle the X-Men.

why not bring in the whole onslaught thing?
that would be cool
prof. x takes magnetos mind and turns him into this almost unstopable killing maching called onslaught
ooooo
and if we do that we have to bring in a bunch of the other marvel chars as well...such as fantastic 4 and avengers and daredevil and spidey and...well you get the point

Hi
Originally posted by Beale the Rippe
What is up with Toad and Sabertooth? Are they still alive? I remember something with getting away, but my memory isn't all that great. It has been a while.

That Mastermind thing does spring to mind no that it has been mentioned, but I still thinkit was a character exclusive to the movie. (I wonder if the Hellfire Club will appear in the next movie?) And how would they end the third movie? Jean has already "died" once. If She dies again, wouldn't it begin to loose credibility?

I too would like to see Juggernaut.

I want a new secondary villian, such as maybe Mastermold and the sentinels, or maybe Phoenix, or Apocalypse (on second thought, I don't think the Apocalypse saga could be done believably). I got off track...they need a new secondary villain, plus an improved Brotherhood to battle the X-Men.
I thought Toad and Sabretooth would come back in this because all that happened was they were blasted off the statue of liberty into the water, i dont think that would kill THEM..

My guess is that they will make two more movies, an release them like the next matrix movies will be released, only a few months apart.
Be ready for just about any mutant ever to make at leat a cameo in X3. Mass war, destruction, beautiful women, and super powers. What more could a guy ask for?

it was a great movie.. I really liked the setting.. Storm I felt gave an unbelievable performance.. was wishing for a different ending.. but overall was very satisfied from the movie I wasn't planning on seeing.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally posted by jstyles21jg
Storm I felt gave an unbelievable performance..
Kong thought it was an unbelievable performance too, but probably not in the same way as you did.

Kong really hoped she'd get good roles after Monster's Ball, but apparently that didn't happen.

My life isn't written very well.
Awful, awful. I'm not a fan, but I liked the first one alot better.

So many logic holes that if I were to go into them here, it would ruin the movie for those that haven't seen it yet.
I'm surprised Kong gave it more than one star.

Old School, friends:
I'll nit-pick about one thing I thought was funny. There is a character named Stryker. If any of you have seen the movie Airplane you'll know that there is a character named Stryker in that movie too. The running joke there, is that everytime someone says "Stryker, Stryker!!" a girl gets punched in the face. In X-Men2 they kept saying, "Stryker!". I half expected Wolverine to turn around and pop Storm in the chops. Also, for those of you old enough to remember Airplane, there is also a joke using the words "Concentrate...concentrate...concentrate..." running inside a characters' head. X-men2 had a moment like that and I nearly fell over laughing. But these are just minor things. Like I said, to point out the bigger, logical problems would ruin it for those who haven't seen it yet.

And don't get me started on the awful use of CGI. They shouldn't have put The Hulk trailer in front of this movie: I'm sorry, I'm really beginning to notice CGI effects, and it takes something away from the experience. You want to see an intelligent, well-written movie? See Identity! X-Men2is a movie only for the most devout fan. Which I'm not. * out of *****

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

I'm not really a devout fan, and I loved it. It was probobly better than the first. I also thought the CGI was used well. It looked real, or at least very close to being so. I also thing the CGI in the Hulk trailer is well done. You can tell it isn't real, but its still good.

I think the general idea is that this movie was awesome, and possibly better than the first.

Also, he is right about Identity. It is an awesome more. Go see it now.