Loading Times

Tools    

Has something changed coding wise with the site recently (last couple months) as the pages are taking quite long to load up sometimes, regularly 30 seconds plus. Im only on a dialup modem but it can be infuriating to have to sit staring at a blank black screen. Im sure they never used to take this long.

Just curious.

Coding-wise? No, I don't think so. We did move to a new server, however...that was several weeks ago, however, and I've noticed better performance overall. A lot less downtime, for one.

Anyone else noticing a slowdown?

My life isn't written very well.
Yup. Considerable. I am on a dial-up too, and in the past, pages have loaded alot quicker. I have noticed an arsenal of unrelenting pop-ups; more than in the past, and I think that might be the reason for the slower loading time.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Get off my island
following any kind of new window link makes my computer lag horribly

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

way way waaaaaay slower - although i don't know if it has much to do with popus...i have a popup killer that zaps those likelisplit

i thought it was just me

I havent got any popup killer software but im not getting pop ups either, just slower than usual access times.

Ive been meaning to say something for a couple of weeks but kept putting it off.

Get off my island
Originally posted by n7of9
way way waaaaaay slower - although i don't know if it has much to do with popus...i have a popup killer that zaps those likelisplit

i thought it was just me
I thought that too. It has been a bit slower

sorry, i had to bump this thread....since it was started 1 week ago, where my comments were "waaaay slower" it has decidely gotten worse...it seems that not too many members are noticing as there was no great response to this thread, but i'll be damned if it ain't gettin worse for me

[/rant]

I've shaved off some of the JavaScript/style sheet code from each page (they're now called remotely...or at least, moreso). Things speeding up mildly for anyone?

the smilies aren't animated anymore...and minion's avatar is now static....but i've had no luck on better loading times

btw, all the other sites and forums i visit still operate the same, so its nothing i've done or changed on my pc....sorry to bitch

d@ng!!!! they don't to me!!!

oh dear ....my firewall had blocked animations on the MoFo site excuse me while i go hang my head in shame

I've shaved off some of the JavaScript/style sheet code from each page (they're not called remotely). Things speeding up mildly for anyone?
That seems to have speeded up the site considerably on my end.

Thanks Yoda!

Get off my island
It's fine now