The Core

→ in
Tools    

Just got back from seeing this movie and I am left with a feeling of unfulfilment.

Whilst it started well, it was a bit long, and after the initial start, took a while to get going but once it did it was quite good. It took obvious cues from Armageddon, the new technology used in a different way to original intentions, the cobbled together team of misfits etc. You didnt really care for the characters, i dont think that it was that they werent likeable, just that you didnt really care what happened to them.

Just something about the ending, i don't think i'm giving too much away to say that it all ended well, didnt sit right. I don't know if it was too easy or that they didn't really portray the peril enough but something was missing.

The CGI was dodgy at times, especially inside Project Destiny. I was under the impression that they put the release date back to correct this. Its a good job they did or they would have been truly terrible.

Saying that it was fairly enjoyable but it was definitely flawed.

Overall C+

See it if you want but don't expect too much. Wait for the video.

My life isn't written very well.
Thanks for the heads-up FF.

Yeah I was wondering why this film, packaged more like a summer blockbuster was released at the end of March! Perhaps the filmmakers thought it didn't turn out as well as they had envisioned. Wasn't the release date pushed back because of the Columbia tragedy? I've heard there is a scene[a well publicized one; so I'm not giving anything away] in which a space shuttle must make an emergency landing--in the LA river[the same concrete river bed used as "Thunder Road" in Grease]!

Also the movie "Basic", starring John Travolta, seems more like a summer blockbuster too. What's with major studios releasing some of their good (?) stuff so early in the year? There must be some very big movies coming out this summer; enough to scare the competition into early release dates...?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Originally posted by r3port3r66
What's with major studios releasing some of their good (?) stuff so early in the year? There must be some very big movies coming out this summer; enough to scare the competition into early release dates...?
You're right, we're seeing a new trend. I'm planning to write something on this little phenomenon, actually.

Hi
Originally posted by r3port3r66

Also the movie "Basic", starring John Travolta, seems more like a summer blockbuster too. What's with major studios releasing some of their good (?) stuff so early in the year? There must be some very big movies coming out this summer; enough to scare the competition into early release dates...?
I really don't think Basic looks like a summer blockbuster, it looks like an average movie containing John travolta and Sam L...not some sort of spectacular franchise like T3 or Matrix..but that' just my perspective on it.

I haven't seen Core nor Basic yet, with all the releases out this weekend what I want to see first is Head of State with Chris Rock and Bernie Mac. I am in the mood for something funny.