Criminal Intent

Tools    

Vincent D'Onofrio is normally...welll....dorky (like in Mr Wonderful - a little personal favourite of mine btw)

BUT, since watching criminal intent, i'll be damned!!! i want to so be interrogated by him

i like the show too ...the only of its kind i like (i'm more into buffy and stuff)...anyone else like it??
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	donofrio.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	686  

I See You When You're Sleeping
I haven't seen it , or heard of it! You did mention buffy though in which I'm a big fan of. I've just downloaded the latest ep (7.16-The Storyteller).

Criminal Intent is a brillent show, he is like a modern day Holmes, great actor. Its a pity that the series isnt currently being aired here at the moment, but ill be waiting. Im a big fan of all the Law and Order series

The original "Law & Order" is the best, a great show and it still has legs - though my favorite cast by far was Chris Noth & Jerry Orbach/Sam Waterston & Jill Hennessy. I haven't liked any of the female ADAs since Cary Lowell left, and Stephen Hill was a huge if subtle part of the show's soul, so he's greatly missed now too. Even with all the defections and additions over the years and it not being the powerhouse it once was, it's still a show watch.

"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" is routinely average to lousy. It's not really the fault of the cast, which is pretty solid (especially Dan Florek reprising his role from the first years of the original, and Richard Belzer reprising his John Munch from "Homicide: Life on the Street"), but the stories and the format are extremely weak. It's mildly watchable, but a huge disappointment and shouldn't even bare the "Law & Order" name.

"Law & Order: Criminal Intent" on the other hand is a very fine show. The cast is amazing, not just D'Onofrio - though he is clearly the star, but also Erbe, Sheridan and Courtney B. Vance. The scripts are well constructed, and it has different angles and tones than the original "L&O". It's a darn good show, if not up to the genius of the original. I don't usually watch it on Sunday nights - especially when it was up against "The Sopranos", but I most often catch it on USA on Fridays. They're really built more like "Columbo"s, where the guest star killer is identified for the audience right up front, then it's the cat and mouse game of watching D'Onofrio's Detective Goren figure it out and make them squirm.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

And as for Vincent D'Onofrio "usually" being "dorky", check out The Cell (2000), Men in Black (1997), Strange Days (1995), The Thirteenth Floor (1999), The Newton Boys (1998), The Dangerous Lives of Alter Boys (2002), Impostor (2002), Feeling Minnesota (1996), Adventures in Babysitting (1987), The Salton Sea (2002) and his great cameo as Orson Welles in Ed Wood (1994). D'Onofrio can play dorky and pathetic, such as Mr. Wonderful (1993), The Player (1992), Happy Accidents (2000) or most jarringly Private Leonard "Pyle" in Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket (1987), but to say he "usually" plays dorks is not even close to true. He's a gifted chameleon, not limited by much of anything.

He is definitely THE reason to watch "Law & Order: Criminal Intent". It's a fine show, but his performance of that character makes it more than the sum of its parts.

looooove the buffy ...oh its the last season BTW, did you hear...6 more episodes to go FOREVER!!!

You know Holden, sometimes it scares me just how much you know on too much. Are you an expert at anything other than movies? sayyyyyy the distance between here and every planet in the solar system. Holden I take my hat off to you once again, you truely are not only a Mofo but a bloody genius as well!