Halloween: Ressurection

→ in
Tools    

I'm a pretty big horror fan, so on friday I chose to see Halloween over the slew of other big openings this past weekend. I would have to say I was a bit dissapointed. The opening half hour of the film is really sharp and keeps you interested. I admire the attempts at innovation. The entire setup of the film does a good job of keeping the genre fresh. (There is a live internet broadcast from Michael Meyers old house, with each person having a camera on their head. Kind of like MTV's Fear.)
However, about half way thru the film, Halloween just becomes another cheap slasher flick, with obvious moments that take away any suspense. We care nothing for these characters, Busta Rhymes is cool, but I could care less if he died. All the characters are cardboard cutouts and stereotypes, with no sense of depth or roundness. And of course, having characters we are intruiged by or care about is key to a good thriller or horror picture. Also, many moments in the film become campy and corny, taking away any real sense of horror. Such as people over the internet cheering the victims on or Busta Rhymes using kung fu techniques to fight Michael Meyers.
The openeing moments with Jamie Lee Curtis will instantly make this film a classic in the series (I will spoil nothing), but whats left afterwards slowly gets worse and worse. Dissapointing, considering Halloween H2O was such a solid film. Overall, I'd wait this one out till video.

The Fat of the Mailbox
The commecical made me never want to see any halloween movie that might ever even think about coming out again.
its like the new thunderbird, you just can bring those old feelings back from the past, ya know?

The beginning was great, but I admit the middle of the movie is a bit blah. I don't care what anybody says, the ending kicked ass!!!

-Dr. Loomis- Halloween

Welcome to Movieforums.com Halloween, as im Australian i havent actually seen even a trailer of the movie so im just basing my opinions on the previous movies, as times gone on for the Halloween titles the story's are gradually getting weaker, still i LOVED Halloween: The Return Of Michael Myers had me keeping the lights on for a while, than again i was 11 when i watched it.