release dates

Tools    

Can anyone tell me when There will be Blood or The assassination of Jesse James will open nation wide?

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
There will be Blood, is in very limited release, and no more openings in USA, that I see

and the Assasination of Jesse James came out on Sept. 21, and won't be opening in the US anymore, I'll try to find when it is coming to DVD

EDIT: Jesse James is estimated to come out in Feb. on DVD

EDIT EDIT: There Will Be Blood is estimated to be on DVD in May 2008.

I already have it so it notifies me when the REAL DVD date is for both

I think that would depend on what you mean by "nation wide," but given the way the phrase is normally used, I'd say neither.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford was released back in September, I believe. I saw it a couple months back; I don't think it ever received an especially wide release, so you may have missed your chance to see it in theaters already.

As for There Will Be Blood; IMDB lists only a limited release (on December 26th). I imagine, like many films in limited release, it may not see a wide release, but if it does I would imagine it would be contingent on its performance in limited release.

EDIT: D'oh! Lennon beat me to it.

I think that would depend on what you mean by "nation wide," but given the way the phrase is normally used, I'd say neither.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford was released back in September, I believe. I saw it a couple months back; I don't think it ever received an especially wide release, so you may have missed your chance to see it in theaters already.

As for There Will Be Blood; IMDB lists only a limited release (on December 26th). I imagine, like many films in limited release, it may not see a wide release, but if it does I would imagine it would be contingent on its performance in limited release.

EDIT: D'oh! Lennon beat me to it.
Hehe I'm a quick one

Originally Posted by Yoda
I imagine, like many films in limited release, it may not see a wide release, but if it does I would imagine it would be contingent on its performance in limited release.
And on how many Oscar nominations it picks up. The nominations are announced in a couple weeks, on January 22nd.

Daniel Day-Lewis' nom is a forgone conclusion, and I'd just start carving his name in the statue for Best Actor. How well it will do in the other big categories we'll have to wait and see. I think almost certainly the cinematography and a few on the technical side, but it may well get shut out of picture and director. Still, Day-Lewis' performance and nomination alone are enough of a marketing point for further release.

I saw There Will Be Blood a week ago, and Daniel's performance is still haunting me.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

And on how many Oscar nominations it picks up. The nominations are announced in a couple weeks, on January 22nd.

Daniel Day-Lewis' nom is a forgone conclusion, and I'd just start carving his name in the statue for Best Actor. How well it will do in the other big categories we'll have to wait and see. I think almost certainly the cinematography and a few on the technical side, but it may well get shut out of picture and director. Still, Day-Lewis' performance and nomination alone are enough of a marketing point for further release.

I saw There Will Be Blood a week ago, and Daniel's performance is still haunting me.

You got to see it!? I dislike you now

I am half agony, half hope.
I was just looking for info on the wide-release of There Will be Blood, and I couldn't find any, even on the 'official' website. The closest theater to me showing it is in Irvine, 19 miles away. I'm not sure I want to take the drive to see it.

Johann von Goethe

I was just looking for info on the wide-release of There Will be Blood, and I couldn't find any, even on the 'official' website. The closest theater to me showing it is in Irvine, 19 miles away. I'm not sure I want to take the drive to see it.
Just do it, my school is about that far away, and this movie looks good Just do it

i really wish i could see there will be blood

INFO UPDATE:

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford is officially being released on Feb. 5, 2008

samehere im searching for a copy also.. help me out out.. wanna see that movie,....