Smokin Aces

→ in
Tools    

Smokin Aces is just classic. Action, thrills, dynamic stunts and one outstanding cast. I saw this for the second time this afternoon and I am dying to get this when it arrives on HD later this year. It's a must for all to see!!!!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I saw that on monday of last week, and I loved it! Truly insane filmmaking. In a way, it was the film that "Crank" wanted to be but failed miserably at.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Crank kicked this movies' arse. I mean this film was ok too but Crank was much more fun for me to watch.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by Escape
Crank kicked this movies' arse. I mean this film was ok too but Crank was much more fun for me to watch.
Crank was, in my opinion, bloody horrible. I don't mind a bit of action, I mean nobody expects citizen kane out of Jason Statham, but one thing about the film just bothers me, enough that I cant enjoy it. Three words: Comedy Rape Scene. Our caveman like hero forces himself on his girl in public, and since this is an adolescent male fantasy come to life, she eventually gets into it, while tourists drive by, cheering "we love rape!" And they all rape happily ever after.

Seriously, the actress involved here must REAAAALLLYYY need work to agree to that.

Smokin aces was trashy, sure, but it didn't cross that line for me.

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
Crank was, in my opinion, bloody horrible. I don't mind a bit of action, I mean nobody expects citizen kane out of Jason Statham, but one thing about the film just bothers me, enough that I cant enjoy it. Three words: Comedy Rape Scene. Our caveman like hero forces himself on his girl in public, and since this is an adolescent male fantasy come to life, she eventually gets into it, while tourists drive by, cheering "we love rape!" And they all rape happily ever after.
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! There was no rape. That is being a bit extreme to say don't you think. The way it looked to me, he was just pulling her to him in desperation because he was dying saying 'make love to me' and not forcing sex on her at all. Rape means actually 'doing it' forcefully and that is clear they NEVER reached that level. He wasn't grabbing at her panties. He was trying to kiss her, and to me that was his way to get her into it which seemed to work. She was more than willing as soon as he started kissing her on the ground. Sexual assault, possible because of the forced kiss but them being boyfriend/girlfriend may lesson that bigtime and if she felt it wrong, she would not have gotten into it a 1/2 a second later. Trust me, if it were, I WOULD NOT approve of that scene
being funny. I enjoyed the movie cause he was so bent on revenge, without a care in the world who he took on, it was laughable. The things he did all the way through I could not stop laughing it was so ridiculous right up to the ending. I didnt take this movie like a piece of art by any means but if it can make me laugh that hard, I favor that. And honestly, that scene was overthetop where it's displayed out in public and usually I frown on that sh*t, but here it was meant to look retarded enough to actually have me shake my head while laughing. And there was no crowd yelling 'rape' 'rape' 'rape' you silly Monkey. If that were true, I wouldn't think that scene funny cause of it's absurdity at all but overthetop tasteless. Not that doing it out in public is not, and if you truly know me, you know I dont approve of that sh*t in real life, but that word 'rape' inserted in there would just go beyond tasteless.

Seriously, the actress involved here must REAAAALLLYYY need work to agree to that.
I don't believe Amy Smart is that desperate for parts. Not yet anyways.

i really want to see this flick.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Smokin' Aces is this years "Lucky Number Slevin". It has over the top characters an unrealistic situations. The comedy and action blend well together for a "fun time" film, but it falls apart at the end trying to be smarter then it actually is.

Suspect's Reviews

I liked it, but it didn't exlode enough for me, if you know what I mean. I needed a larger payoff. Any thoughts?

Any film Jeremy Piven is in is worth a watch from me. He's one of my favorite actors.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
yes. two words:

Jeremy Piven.

Me Love You Long Time.
Im new here dont want to start anything just gotta get this out.
Smoking aces is one of the worst movie ive seen in a while. The story seems like it was made for a 30min short and they decided to make it a full length picture and man does it drag along to a pointless ending. Oh yea and the female contract killers OMG get em off the screen!

A system of cells interlinked
You mean...female contract killers? Why get them off the screen? Please explain the reasoning behind that...

Yea, I definitely disagree with you. I think smoking aces was good. Overlooking some of the acting (i.e. namely Ben Affleck), the movie was really great. I agree with the statement that it is this years Lucky # Slevin, it’s got that feel to it. I think the high-pace story, the familiar faces, and the direction of the film made it very enjoyable.

Me Love You Long Time.
What i mean about get those girls off the screen is that in a movie i wanted to see full of interesting characters they throw these 2 annoying females just didnt work for me thats all. This film makes me happy for films like snatch and lock stock. this seems to be a failed attempt at that type of movie.

Originally Posted by SeeFrankRun
Overlooking some of the acting (i.e. namely Ben Affleck), the movie was really great.
Now I know most of his performances in the past were for *****, but he actually (for such a small role) wasn't that bad at all. I think after doing a superb job in Hollywoodland, he'll be aiming high.

Interesting point, and I did only singled him out kind of randomly. But he was only an example, I don't think that Andy Garcia did good either. I respect him so much as an actor...but that southern accent was painful. Anyway, all that aside, I enjoyed the movie and would recomend it to anyone.

Spoilers!.. Maybe..

Anyone else cringe during the elevator shootout with Liota? In my opinion, that was hands down, the best 15 second scene of the movie.

In Heaven Everything Is Fine
There were few (very few) truly enjoyable moments in the film and overall it came off as a wannabe Guy Ritchie movie, which is most definitely not a good thing.

Oh, and I agree with most everybody else: Jeremy Piven was awesome.

I loved it, great film. What happened to Ben and his crew was funny. The ending was satisfying.

I think LUCKY NUMBER SLEVIN & SMOKIN ACES should be in a DvD boxset together they go with each other, they both gave me a great viewing thrill and only 300 gave me that this year name a film this year if u want i'll probly of scene it and i'll say why smokin aces kicked its ass