Who do you think are some of the best new and upcoming Men&Women in Hollywood

Tools    

Evolution in Progress...
SO this is very simple, just tell me who you think are some of the best new Actors/Actresses that will become my generations legends(I hope we get somone as good as Cusack!).

I'll wait a while and see what you all have to say before adding my own theories in here.

SO HAVE AT YOU!

"Some people have a gift for stupidity,an almost mystic ability to withstand any form of logic."-David Gemmell

When I become and Evil Lord dominating all mankind to my will if an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor.

I ate all your bees.
One of my favourite new talents if Owen Wilson, Many people dont find him funny but those who do generally find him hilarious. I loved Shanghai Noon, I-Spy and his role in Meet the Parents.

Not to mention of course his grossly significant contributions to the Wes Anderson pictures, as writer and actor accordingly.

I must become Caligari..!
LOL

Well, i think Eddie Norton has what it takes to be one of the Best of all time,
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Only for the weak
Sidwinder you totally over-looked some of his best work(Bottle Rocket, Minus Man, Royal Tennenbaums).

Ed Norton is another good choice.

I totally agree about Owen Wilson he has alot more range than people give him credit for. I think his best roles were Minus Man and The Royal Tennenbaums.

I ate all your bees.
lol, I was only thinking of the top of my head, I have seen nearly everything Owen has been in, Im a big fan Royal Tennenbaums was great.

Thursday Is Best
hmmmmm uhhh well there is kiera knightly which i have high hops for, owen of course, but the only thing that kinda buggs me is he is always the same kinda char. but he isnt at the same time, ya know?

Christian Bale and Scarlett Johansson

Edward Norton
Colin Farrel - In non-hollywood films like Tigerland and Intermission
Scarlett Johannson
Both Wilsons (Owen and Luke)
I also think Barry Pepper has a talent.

COLIN FARRELL

It will be in a couple of years that he will be recognized maybe for an Oscar !

"I can't help it..."
Some of the rising talent I think is rising:

Rose Byrne - An Australian actress who has starred in films such as The Rage In Placid Lake, Star Wars Episode II, Take Away, The Night We Called It A Day & I Capture The Castle. She is in the upcoming film Wicker Park with Hosh Hartnett, and the epic Troy with Brad Bitt, Orlando Bloom & Eric Bana.
Hope we see lots of Rose in the near future.

Nick Stahl - I really liked his performances in Larry Clark's Bully & Todd Field's In The Bedroom. Even in his most known film, Terminator 3, I thought his performance was powerful. Hope to see more of him.

Alicia Fulford-Wierzbicki - I thought her first performance in the Christine Jeff directorial debut Rain was truly stunning. This New Zealander's performance was so powerful; you could truly feel her emotions jumping out of the screen & grip you.
I found out on the IMDb that she is in a new film titled Fracture.
Can't wait!!

Martin Compston - His performance in the Ken Loach film Sweet Sixteen was brilliant!!
I can't describe how believable & powerful his performance was, had me feeling like I was watching a doco!!! (lol).
When it was shown at one of the major film festivals (I forgot the name...) the Scottish actor was nominated for Best Actor, going up against the likes of Jack Nicholson. He lost (I forget who to...), but just to be nominated for a debut performance is pretty good.
He has a new film coming out titled Niceland, look out for it!!

That's all I can think of right now... Funny, their all from different countries...
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

Messenger from Hades' Gate
Sean William Scott. . . okay, so he's not really "new" but he's still a rising star and I think he's got a great career ahead of him.

"I can't help it..."
I have thought of some other people who I think are gonna make it big:

Ben Foster - He has been in several films since his debut in Kounterfeit in 1996, but I think his stand=out role so far has to be playing the troubled teen Trevor in the 2002 made for TV movie Bang, Bang You're Dead. His performance was so powerful, you just wanted to reach out & help him. He has three films due for release this year including the comic adaptation of The Punisher, a film titled The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Thing directed by Asia Argento (daughter of Italian horror master Dario Argento) and Hostage with Bruce Willis. I hope to see more of him!!

Tyrese Gibson - The only film that I have seen of his is the John Singleton film Baby Boy, and I just loved him in that. He seems to be a very charismatic guy, and that brought something important to the film; because without that his character would be very unlikable. I haven't seen 2 Fast 2 Furious (Frankly, I don't want to...) but I have heard he was good in it, even though the film wasn't all that enjoyable. He has a new film coming out this year titled The Flight Of The Phoenix, which is about the survivors of a plane crash in Mongolia who have to work together to build a new plane. Sounds interesting, has a good looking cast (Scott Michael Campbell, Dennis Quiad, Giovanni Ribisi)... looking forward to it. And looking forward to more roles from Tyrese.

Eric Bana - Even though he's probably the oldest out of all the actors I have listed, I think he will be in Hollywood for quite a while.
His groundbreaking performance in the amazing 2000 film Chopper paved the way for his roles in Black Hawk Down & Hulk. He even came back to Australia to make a film between the two listed above called The Nugget, and he gave his voice in last years family favourite Finding Nemo.
He has a role in this year upcoming release Troy!!! His doing well for himself... Must feel like Full Frontal was a long time ago now.

Dakota Fanning - The only film I have seen her in is I Am Sam, but I think she was so good in that film, I can't help but think she's gonna be big! I know she was in Uptown Girls & The Cat In The Hat, and the mini series Taken (Which hasn't been on TV here yet!!!!! DAMMIT!!!)
She has two films coming out this year including Man On Fire, which features an impressive cast such as Denzel Washington, Christopher Walken & Mickey Rourke. And she will also star in the thriller Hide & Seek with Robert De Niro & Famke Janssen; the film is about a girl who gets an imaginary friend, only to find out that they're not all that friendly.
Looking forward to both films, they sound very cool!

Thora Birch - I really enjoyed her performance in the 1999 Oscar winner American Beauty, and in the 2000 film Ghost World. I even thought she was good in the terrible Dungeons & Dragons. She has two films coming out this year including Silver City with Maria Bello, Chris Coope, Richard Dreyfuss, Daryl Hannah, Kris Kristofferson, Cheech Marin, Tim Roth & Billy Zane.
She will star in the Irish film Silence Becomes You & in 2005 we'll see her in a film titled Vinyl, which she is also executive producer for. She doesn't seem like a normal, boring actress; she is making very interesting role choices... I hope she keeps it up!!

I might think of some more... There is so much talent out there!

I think Colin Farrell could be a successful up-and-coming actor. His work in Daredevil, Phone Booth, and Tigerland all are good performances. Some of his near future films sound great like 'The House at the End of The World' and 'Alexander'- based on the life of Alexander the great. Colin Farrell definitely one to watch in the future.

I do think Colin Farrell is very talented, but my concern is that the public are going to suffer from Farrell-fatigue if he appears in any more big budget movies! It's great that he's being so successful but I wish he would be more selective about his roles and avoid rubbish like Daredevil in future.

I think actors who will become great are:

Jake and Maggie Gyllenhall
They're both already there

Michael Sheen
Superb Welsh actor from Bright Young Things and Underworld

Steve Zahn
Very underrated in films like Out of Sight and Happy, Texas

Dakota Fanning
Excellent actress

Billy Boyd
I really hope he can follow up on his LoTR success - he's a very good actor

Aron Eckhart, Nick Stahl, Chloe Sevigny, Sam Rockwell, Scarlett Johansson, Christian Bale, Peter Stormare, David Cross, Will Ferrel, Lorenz Tate ... many more.

I wouldn't call Owen Wilson and Colin Farrell rising stars, because they've already made it.