If Actors were given $10.00 an hour who would stay and who would go??

Tools    

Of course money is an incentive to be an actor/actress but if you were one that loved acting and not the money which actor would stay in it for the sake of 'acting' only?

Haha good point!

I guess it's pretty obvious that some of those big name celebrities like Julia Roberts would be so outta there!

I'd like to think that the lesser known 'character' actors like Steve Buscemi (sp) would stay and rock on. I like to think that actors like what they do and would do it for a pittance if they had to.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I would say most who make independent films would stay.

As far as big Hollywood stars that I don't see in little films, I think Anjelica Huston,Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman would stay.

Hard to tell with the younger set, most of them seem to caught up in looking good and who has the best toys.

Denise Richards would be gone!

I am having a nervous breakdance
Arnold Schwarzenegger would be out of here.

Johnny Depp would still be here. So would Sean Penn and Willem Dafoe and Julianne Moore.

Tom Cruise would not be here.

I think Jack Nicholson and Harvey Keitel would still be here.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Out: Sylvester Stallone
Jean Claude Van Dame
Cher
Angeline Jollie
Steven Segal
Adam Sandler

There are so many money hungry actors, one that would definately be would would be Jim Carey, Sandra Bullock, Charleen Therizon(sp??)..Leonardo DiCaprio..Barbara Striesand..

One actress or actors that are true to their acting abilities would be

Angela Lansbury
Paul Newman
Robert Redford
Mira Sorvino..staying power..

I think it would probably be a pay increase for Gary Coleman, so he'd probably be rather excited.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
I think Jack Nicholson and Harvey Keitel would still be here.
I think your wrong about Nicholson, the courtside seats to Lakers games have got to be very expensive.

Originally Posted by CrazyforMovies
There are so many money hungry actors, one that would definately be would would be Jim Carey, Sandra Bullock, Charleen Therizon(sp??)..Leonardo DiCaprio..Barbara Striesand..
Charlize Theron, you maybe wrong on.

She just made a movie called Monster where she gained thirty pounds to play the role.

It's based on the true story of Aileen Wuornos, a prostitute turned serial killer.

I'm going to try to see it this weekend.

As much as I hate Barbara Striesand, she doesn't need to make money acting.

I hate her music, but there is no denying her talent.

The masses lay down big dough to hear her sing.

Plus she doesn't seem mind losing money on films that she is interested in.
One actress or actors that are true to their acting abilities would be

Angela Lansbury
Paul Newman
Robert Redford
Mira Sorvino..staying power..
Angela Lansbury? She hasn't done anything good since The Manchurian Candidate.

Awesome performance in that role though.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I think it would probably be a pay increase for Gary Coleman, so he'd probably be rather excited.
What chu talkin' about Willis?

He'd never give up his job as a security guard.

I'd like to think Mel Gibson would stick around, I think Tom Cruise would run away screaming.....Tom Hanks would stick around....Jim Carrey would stay because no one would employ him as anything else

I know Angela Lansbury hasn't done anything in a while, she just seems more of an actor that is natural to acting and not in it for just the money. Someone that is believeable in all roles and is entertaining. That being said, Charleen Theziron had to go in costume because her acting is just that bad, she has the looks and probally didn't want to waste her 'acting' ; she is a high roller and I think if you offered her lower wages she'd stick her nose up on that.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Johnny Depp would still be here. So would Sean Penn and Willem Dafoe and Julianne Moore
I think you're right about those four and would add…

Daniel Day-Lewis
Christopher Walken
Liam Neeson
Ashley Judd
Madeline Stowe

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Only for the weak
I agree with Morgan Freeman and Gene Hackman, I watched the commentary on their movie Under Suspicion and they seem to have a real love for the movies...Plus I doubt either of them needs money.

I would like to think/hope Phillip Seymour-Hoffman would stick around, he always seems to enjoy himself.

Well that’s easy, no one, you know how hard it is to live on 10 bucks an hour especially on such a sporadic work schedule, only the people that love to act would stay, and they would either have to be personally wealthy already, or have a second job, its fairly presumptuous to assume any actor no matter how good or dedicated wouldn't bolt if they weren't being paid ridiculously, I would like to think my favorite actors would stick around

Some that come immediately to mind: Depp, Norton, Oldman, etc

I am probably taking this too seriously but oh well

Well I know a lot of University students that would love $10.00 doing what they love, they might not like it for the rest of their life. However why is there a gap and an actor with no real experience (correct me if I wrong, why I get the feeling you will) get wages that person's that do a lot more for society get paid?

I think if they were started at around $10.00 hour with no experience and work their way up to let's say $20.00, some of them would find this business not worth their time... they are just to pampered. However their might be some that feel the message of the film inspires;informs and educates society. Of course I feel that child actors should be given more money, because some of them are more worth it.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Loner
I think your wrong about Nicholson, the courtside seats to Lakers games have got to be very expensive.
Yes, I hesitated a bit before I put him there, mostly because of his jet set life. But I think he loves acting passionately so I think it would be hard for him to stay away.