You Ever Walk Out of the Theater?

Tools    

My life isn't written very well.
The last movie I walked out on was back in the 80's. It was called Ator. But, recently I nearly walked out on School of Rock.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity

How could you walk out of She Devil?!?!? That's one of my favorites!
Funny isn't it, you loved it, I hated it, oh well, even though you have bad taste i still like you

The only movie I ever walked out on was Road to Perdition, I didn't want to leave but I was late for work and had to go. For any who've seen it I left before the end at the beach, so when I saw it on DVD I was shocked at the ending, because when I left the theater I thought that was the end. I got double duped on that one...The only 2 movies that I actually wanted to walk out on were Supernova, and Wing Commander, I didn't though.

I must become Caligari..!
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
What did you do... sneak in...
Yep, Damn OFLC
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally Posted by Hondo333
Yep, Damn OFLC

Aww... I'm sorry... That happened to me a few times... even after I was old enough and had bought a ticket...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I must become Caligari..!
The Office Of Film And Literature Classifacation

The Aussie Equivalent of the MPAA.

But they are much toughter

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I'm sorry Redookie19. At the time of reading your post, I had just finished reading your post on Alien, and I hadn't been left with an entirely postive first impression of you (again, a silly judgement that I'm sorry for). More importantly, the way you wrote that post seemed to be very much in the same vein as the syle that this post was written in. I, being the judgemental person that I am, took you as being completely serious, and you "spoiler" as being a very sad closer to your post. Looking back, I both see and respect the comedy you interjected into your post.

Can you ever forgive me?

My life isn't written very well.
What is Ator ???
When I remember it coming out in 1984, it was called Ator: The Blade Master. I looked it up on IMBD and it's just called The Blade Master. Anyway it was the worst rip-off of Conan The Barbarian I had ever seen, and I walked out of the theater.

Here's the trailer--just click inside the player to the left of your screen when you get to the site.

http://videodetective.com/home.asp?PublishedID=1690

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
I'm sorry Redookie19. At the time of reading your post, I had just finished reading your post on Alien, and I hadn't been left with an entirely postive first impression of you (again, a silly judgement that I'm sorry for). More importantly, the way you wrote that post seemed to be very much in the same vein as the syle that this post was written in. I, being the judgemental person that I am, took you as being completely serious, and you "spoiler" as being a very sad closer to your post. Looking back, I both see and respect the comedy you interjected into your post.

Can you ever forgive me?

Forgiven. And my post on Alien was a silly judgement that I retract because I just thought it was another stupid recreation like those stupid starwars versions and the Alien trilogy that I bought on DVD with ADDED BONUS 12 minutes in every stupid $20 DVD. I know realize it is more than that and can't wait to go see it this weekend.
But Terminator 3 Still sucked!

and for this thread in truth I did walk out of the movie Steel Because I thought I didn't want to rot anymore of my brain cells watching ne more of the obsenity to movies, and didn't bother to get my money back because I felt the movie makers who made that movie, tricked me good enough and I give kudos to them for making a movie that could suck so bad but seem so interesting.

Originally Posted by r3port3r66
When I remember it coming out in 1984, it was called Ator: The Blade Master. I looked it up on IMBD and it's just called The Blade Master. Anyway it was the worst rip-off of Conan The Barbarian I had ever seen, and I walked out of the theater.

Here's the trailer--just click inside the player to the left of your screen when you get to the site.

http://videodetective.com/home.asp?PublishedID=1690
I see what you mean

Ive never walked out of the cinema, and I've seen some stinkers. The way I see it, and I agree with The Silver Bullet here, I've paid, why pay to see half a movie? Also I've made the effort to go to the cinema you might as well stick it out.

The other thing was that, up until recently, I had an Unlimited cinema card. Ten pounds a month, as many films as you want. Over the past 2 years I've been to the cinema well over 150 times. When it costs next to nothing, who cares if its bad? When you're unemployed anything is better than sitting at home comtemplating ways not to spend money!

I've nearly walked out on

Escape To L.A. (Just bad, despite Steve Buscemi)
The Thin Red Line (Wasn't in the mood for arty farty nonsense)
Oh Brother Where Art Thou (Just didn't see what other people were laughing at)

Have to say though that I do intend on watching the last two again to re-evaluate them. Eventually.

Originally Posted by Redookie19
Forgiven. And my post on Alien was a silly judgement that I retract because I just thought it was another stupid recreation like those stupid starwars versions and the Alien trilogy that I bought on DVD with ADDED BONUS 12 minutes in every stupid $20 DVD. I know realize it is more than that and can't wait to go see it this weekend.
But Terminator 3 Still sucked!
Cool then. Even Mad Prophets can make mistakes...

This is the last time I post on here until I can remember another movie that I walked out on, but I bought Seabiscuit tickets once and, just before the credits started to roll, left, and traded out for Open Range instead. Does that count?

Originally Posted by nebbit
I see what you mean
What horrifies me, (other than the trailer) is that this is a sequel to another terrible looking movie, called Ator the Fighting Eagle (1983). I'm now very happy I didn't have to walk out on these movies.

Of course with me , seeing films for free , it doesn't matter matter if I walk out if I hate it. Although I have not been working at a theater all my life, I admit I did leave (as mentioned) just only ....and only those 3 films . As for the remainder of my movie-going experiences, I never leave at all anymore.

I have never walked out of the cinema, I was so close to the door for Jason X and Halloween: Resurrection though!

Lets put a smile on that block
Never have i walked out of the cinema. I dont see the point. Even if a movie is absoloutly diabolical, it may be worth while sitting to the end and seeing what happens, youve paid your money for the ticket and like SB said, youve invested your time so you might as well stay. I have seen some films in the past that have been truly bad but the ending has made them seem a little more bareable. BUT if a movie is like, offending you or making you throw up it probably would be a good idea to leave.

The only film i can think of that i was close to leaving was Mercury Rising...it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring and pointless. I went to the toilet during the middle of it for like half an hour and played around with the soap and stuff, then came back and sat threw to the boring ending. Other films that ive fallen asleep in becuase ive been bored senseless are -
Last of the Mohicans, Sleepers and Dungeons and Dragons