Michael Gambon is the new Dumbledore!

Tools    

I know there are a lot of people who couldnt give two hoots about this but here it is anyway.

E! News is now reporting that Michael Gambon (Gosford Park and Sleepy Hollow) is the new Dumbledore.

Quote:

"Following Harris' death from cancer in October, there had been much speculation over who would take over the role, with leading candidates supposedly including McKellen and even Harris' stand-in. But McKellen never seriously considered the role (he's already done the franchise thing with The Lord of the Rings and X-Men) and producers ultimately went with Gambon, a classically trained actor who studied with Laurence Olivier and whose credits include Gosford Park, The Insider and the lead in the British miniseries The Singing Detective.

Although the exact terms of Gambon's deal are not known, he'll presumably play Dumbledore in the remaining Potter films. Aside from Prisoner of Azkaban, Warner Bros. is committed to turning Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire into a film. J.K. Rowling's still-in-the-works Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and the two planned but untitled final installments are also likely destined for celluloid, but no timetable is in place.

With Warners closed for the holidays, no one was immediately available to comment on the casting."

I think the really important part of this story is the last line. Call me cynical!

hmm. Gosford Park meets Harry Potter. 2 Maggies. One witch. the other b*tch. Hopefully Dumbledore won't get murdered at midnight! (Gosford Park's a great movie by the way, if you don't mind the 30 some subplots and slow pacing)

Get off my island
I think he looks more the part than Ian McKellen

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

What I want to know is why its taken two months for the studio to confirm this story!

does every one think he will do good im just used to the regular albus.
and this is a bit odd to see gambon

I like Michael Gambon, but I wish they'd gotten Peter O'Toole. I mean, even Harris's family was pushing for it. But, as far as I know, they didn't even offer the role to him.

A bit crappy. But I'm sure Gambon will do a fine job.