2012 (Roland Emmerich)

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Another Roland Emmerich over-CGI'd disaster flick? I'm in!

2012 (Roland Emmerich)

Release Date: July 10, 2009
Studio: Sony Pictures
Director: Roland Emmerich
Screenwriter: Roland Emmerich, Harald Kloser
Starring: Not Available
Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama
MPAA Rating: Not Available
Official Website: Not Available
Review: Not Available
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available
Movie Poster: Not Available
Production Stills: Not Available
Plot Summary: Story blends the idea of the Mayan calendar, which predicts the world ending in 2012, with natural disasters such as volcanic eruptions, typhoons and glaciers plaguing the planet and a large cast of characters dealing with the mayhem.

Trailer:
Coming Soon!

source

Oh God, Day After Tomorrow II!
actually no, because wouldn't a sequel mean continuing the story?

it'll most likely be new people in a new situation, so a new movie

John Cusack has signed on to topline Roland Emmerich's (10,000 B.C., The Day After Tomorrow, Independence Day) apocalyptic thriller 2012 for Columbia Pictures, reports Variety.

Redbelt star Chiwetel Ejiofor also is in talks to join the big-budget epic, which chronicles the end days of human civilization.

The studio is keeping the logline under wraps, but it is believed to revolve around the upcoming apocalypse predicted by the Mayans.

Emmerich and Harald Kloser wrote the screenplay.

Shooting will begin in July in Los Angeles for a July 10, 2009 release.
Source

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
He didn't mean an actual sequel, he ment it's basically the same crap.

Suspect's Reviews

Yeah, I think he meant it might as well be a sequel, which I'd agree with.

I might be in the mood at some point in July of 2009 to spent $8 to see CGI buildings getting totally destroyed, but that's about as far as the appeal goes. It'll be eye candy, I imagine, but I'll have to tune out all the, you know, talking and stuff.

Lost in never never land
Dialog isn't important in film anyways, we should just go back to the days of silent film where you had to read three or four lines to understand the whole film.

As for this film 2012, I do agree, it sound an awful lot like Day After Tomorrow. Which means that I'll hold out minimal hope that it will be entertaining.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

This isn't like...

2001: A Space Odyssey
2010: The Year We Make Contact
2012: Everything gets blown to *****

...is it?

A system of cells interlinked
Terrance McKenna also predicted the collapse of society to be in December of 2012...

He also had the Stoned Ape theory...

Terrance did a lot of drugs folks....a lot....

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I don't know how this film will be, but the idea of a film around the Mayan's calendar and their prediction could be pretty interesting and fascinating.

I was watching a show about this on the History Channel with my son and he got so freaked he told me to turn the channel. I was like, "why?" and he replied, "because I don't want to die in 2012!"

I tried to reassure him by saying the Mayans were probably wrong.

I hope.

Danny Glover circles '2012'

Thandie Newton, Oliver Platt also in talks for disaster film

By Leslie Simmons and Borys Kit
June 2, 2008, 01:00 AM
Danny Glover, left, Thandie Newton and Oliver Platt (Getty Images photos)

Danny Glover, Thandie Newton and Oliver Platt may be making a date with "2012."

The actors are in discussions to join Columbia's epic disaster project, which Roland Emmerich is directing.

"2012" centers on a global cataclysm and tells the heroic struggle of the survivors.

Glover is in talks to play the president, with Newton in discussions to play his daughter. Platt is in negotiations to play the president's chief of staff.

John Cusack and Chiwetel Ejiofor already are on board.

Emmerich is directing a script he penned with his "10,000 BC" co-writer Harald Kloser. He is serving as an exec producer with Michael Wimmer and Ute Emmerich.

Kloser is producing with Mark Gordon and Larry Franco. Columbia's Matt Tolmach and Rachel O'Connor are overseeing for the studio.

"2012" was shopped around with a $200 million budget, but Columbia said it will be made for less than that.

The studio is planning a July 10, 2009, release, with filming set to begin in July -- unless there is an actors strike.

Glover, who is set to make his directorial debut with "Toussaint," is repped by ICM and Jeff Monroe Management.

Newton, who is repped by WMA and Magnolia Entertainment, is now filming Oliver Stone's "W," playing Condoleezza Rice.

Platt recently finished Judd Apatow's "Year One" for Columbia and is filming an untitled Nicole Holofcener project for Sony Pictures Classics. He's repped by Endeavor

Source

I got for good luck my black tooth.
but I'll have to tune out all the, you know, talking and stuff.
I heard a clip from his newest film, 10,000 BC in which the characters speak English.

This reminds me of that movie 2012: Doomsday...

Columbia pictures has released the teaser trailer for Roland Emmerich's latest film, 2012. As the trailer states, how would the world's goverment prepare six billion people for the end of the world? This movie stars John Cusack, Amanda Peet, Danny Glover, and Woody Harrelson all dealing with the end of the world. It comes out July 10th, 2009.

Guess we better learn to swim. Who brought boogie board?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
It sure looks like it is going to be another "Day after tomorrow" disaster film, I wont be running to the cinema to see it, it will be one of the DVDs I pick up once its reduced.

It sure looks like it is going to be another "Day after tomorrow" disaster film, I wont be running to the cinema to see it, it will be one of the DVDs I pick up once its reduced.
Honestly, I am anticipating this film.