Eragon

Tools    

According to www.Alagaesia.com Eragon is set to hit theaters in 2005!

I, personally, LOVED the book...
I read it in 2 days and CAN NOT WAIT for the next one.

Though I feel like it tries hard to be in the likes of LOTR series of books the inlay even has a map of the story and it is in trilogy form, (even the main charater names are similar Aragorn--Eragon)it was still very entertaining... Sort of LOTR/Dungeons and Dragons....

It will be interesting to see who gets cast!

Eragon Coming to a Screen Near You!

Some great news for all die-hard Eragon fans! Fox 2000, a division of 20th Century Fox announced that they have bought the rights for Eragon and are scheduled to release the film in 2005.

"We read the book very early in manuscript form when the family was trying to self-publish it," says Elizabeth Gabler, president of Fox 2000 said in an article in USA Today (1/20/04). "We found the core relationship between a boy and a dragon who share a telepathic connection a strong concept for a movie."

Thanks strange bunny man sounds good

Oh my,

I can tell I havent been here for a while...

to RE-clarify....
He is HUGGING the earth.

H-U-G-G-I-N-G

perverts.

I agree, this movie should be really exciting to see. Who knows if they'll do it any justice though. I mean it's never really easy to replicate something which is supposed to be as magnificent as Saphira is.

How many more days till Inheritance comes out???

There's treachery afoot!!!

Edward Speelers - Eragon

Jeremy Irons - Brom

Sienna Guillory- Arya

John Malkovich-King Galbatorix

Garret Hedlund- Murtagh

I just saw the trailer and it looks horrible. i honestly gave it a moment's chance, but this trailer really is horrible.! It looks WAYYYY too much like a lord of the rings movie....mixed in with ALOT of Chronicles of Narnia formula.
The people making the movie are probably thinking because with the success of these two fantasy movies, making this one using same fantastical elements, will make the movie great. NOT. Looks like a terrible ripoff and i just think that's pathetic that they have to base the look and ideas of the film off of lord of the rings and chronicles of narnia success.
and even the tagline on the poster: "The Next Great Fantasy" just makes me mad. they sound sooooo confident that it will be the next great fantasy, but i just hope it flops on its 125 Million dollar budget(which is just sad, due to the fact that its soley for animating the dragon and other little "fantastical" effects that you'd see in a typical harry potter or narnia film.)
ugh and i noticed the "star wars: a new hope" reference in the trailer. anyone else pick it up? not a good move....
I like dragons....and try to give movies about dragons a chance(but naturally the movies about dragons that i've seen are bad, like Reign of Fire and Dragonheart) this just makes me revolt at the idea of an eragon movie.
anybody watch the trailer and agree with my thoughts?

well lets c 2006 ends in 3 months and eragon isnt out lol...

i hated this book....one of the worst books ive ever read

May The Forks be With Us
the movie looks great, if you had ur doubts about the english trailer for the movie, watch the French one. It's shorter but much cooler. I'm just wondering, but in the trailer it looked like Durza was riding a dragon and he doesn't even have a dragon??? I wonder if the just really messed up the story and made it seem cooler just to make more money

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

The website http://www.eragonmovie.com/ says its out December but I'm not sure if that's UK or US release - anyone know?
Would be nice to go see it just after Christmas like LOTR, family tradition now!
Can't believe Joss Stone is in it - didn't realise she acted.

I'm kind of excited about that. Christmas is going to have some good flicks.

There's treachery afoot!!!
After watching the trailer I'm not looking forward to it as much as I was but still think it'll make for a good night at the theater.

They've updated the eragonmovie.com site and it's looking a lot better, less tacky. They've also put out a new trailer on apple http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/er...railer_lg.html which also looks much better. Think they must have realised it was getting slated lol!Personally i'm still looking forward to it, it looks much more promising now though.

its funny, i keep seeing the poster for that movie just about every time i go to the movies... and it looks cool, but i have yet to see the actual trailer...

I think the posters are ok. I'm hopeful for this Spleers character - (but not too hopeful) he looks a little young to me. And that hair. They're good solid posters though. Brooding

Think Rachel Weisz is doing the voice of the dragon - thats a good choice all round I think

I also heard it was Helana Bonham Carter - can't decide which one would be better

Stuporheroes Founder
Originally Posted by Dante117
its funny, i keep seeing the poster for that movie just about every time i go to the movies... and it looks cool, but i have yet to see the actual trailer...
There's a sweet one on its official site

My Webcomics

I'm kinda torn about it. I haven't read the books so I don't know what I should expect. The trailer looked nice to me though. I'll just have to make up my mind after I've seen it.

Got some pictures here of the movie. Looking good (on the whole) if you ask me. Of course the dragon ones get my vote. The only one I really have doubts about is Arya. Got to say the one of Durza creeps me out..