Spiderman 3 (2007)

Tools    

I saw them filming in cleveland. If anyone watches the movie, and sees a "Stout" coach bus #1801 with a bunch of teenagers screaming, that's me

This movie looks like the type of Spider Man that will make more than the other two Spider Man movies previously made in the box office but again looks like the movie that won't be as good as the other two Spider Man movies. It will be great but not as good as the other two is what I predict.

This series has been successful partially to its being faithful to the comic series. If Topher Grace plays Venom, it will be ruined, much like it would if Mysterio was used and was represented like he was in the Spider-Man 2 video game.

"28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

"I'm an American, honey. Our names don't mean sh*t."

"And I say "I'm dead, and I move."

Movie Forums Member
HI all,

Tangent, there is a series of comics where Eddie Brock, "venom", is just a small nerdy guy like Peter Parker... I cannot remember what the name of it is right now, and I am sure that someone will chime in with it sooner or later... This is the comic series where everyone else thinks that Sam Raimi (sp) is taking Venom from... So technically Venom is takin from the comics too.....

Originally Posted by TangentUniverse
much like it would if Mysterio was used and was represented like he was in the Spider-Man 2 video game.
How was he represented in the Spider-Man 2 video game?

There's treachery afoot!!!
Originally Posted by pavo_roddy
HI all,

Tangent, there is a series of comics where Eddie Brock, "venom", is just a small nerdy guy like Peter Parker... I cannot remember what the name of it is right now, and I am sure that someone will chime in with it sooner or later... This is the comic series where everyone else thinks that Sam Raimi (sp) is taking Venom from... So technically Venom is takin from the comics too.....

That was taken from the Ultimate Spider-man comic line. one of the best ever.

I can't wait to see what Bryce Howard does in it. I love these Spiderman movies, and I never thought Tobey Maguire would be such a perfect Spiderman. He really did this thing.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally Posted by Wonder Boy
That was taken from the Ultimate Spider-man comic line. one of the best ever.
Yes, yes it was.

Originally Posted by Escape
How was he represented in the Spider-Man 2 video game?
In the game Mysterio's character was that of a bumbling special effects person, pretending to be an alien from another universe. It was probably the worst part of the game, I loathed every sequence that I had to fight him in.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

In the Beginning...
This series has been successful partially to its being faithful to the comic series. If Topher Grace plays Venom, it will be ruined.
Disagreed. By your logic, the film would have been ruined already by the complete exclusion of Gwen Stacy. I know most Spiderman fans were unhappy about that, and thought that it might actually ruin the story, but it seems that this was not the case.

These films, I would argue, have succeeded for many reasons: one, of course, being the relative adherence to source material; two, being the brilliant casting (for the most part); and three, being the competent direction (particularly art direction, I think) that has made these films come alive.

I would also argue that, given our complete ignorance of how Topher Grace will be performing in Spider-Man 3, it would be folly to suggest that he will be ruining the film, particularly on the basis you have suggested. Because if they can nix Gwen Stacy - a MAJOR part of Peter Parker's genesis as Spiderman - and get away with it, then who really cares if the guy playing Eddie Brock doesn't look like a football player?

And once again, I re-iterate what I said in a past post in this very thread: (a) it's the acting that will count, more so than the appearance; (b) anyone can beef up; (c) it doesn't really matter how big Eddie Brock is, because once he becomes Venom, he'll be enormous (due presumably to CG, hopefully); and (d) in Ultimate Spiderman, Eddie Brock is a wimpy guy like Peter anyway.

They pulled off a small Eddie Brock in ultimate. Yeah- i was a bit taken back when i saw it at first- but by the next page i could tell it wouldnt be a problem for me. I think one of the most beautiful things about movies is their ability to retell farmiliar stories. im not talking remakes, im talking about finding your own way to tell a story that people already know. In the end, the whole brock thing is miniscule.

And who would you rather have? The Rock?

Originally Posted by Sleezy
Disagreed. By your logic, the film would have been ruined already by the complete exclusion of Gwen Stacy. I know most Spiderman fans were unhappy about that, and thought that it might actually ruin the story, but it seems that this was not the case.

These films, I would argue, have succeeded for many reasons: one, of course, being the relative adherence to source material; two, being the brilliant casting (for the most part); and three, being the competent direction (particularly art direction, I think) that has made these films come alive.

I would also argue that, given our complete ignorance of how Topher Grace will be performing in Spider-Man 3, it would be folly to suggest that he will be ruining the film, particularly on the basis you have suggested. Because if they can nix Gwen Stacy - a MAJOR part of Peter Parker's genesis as Spiderman - and get away with it, then who really cares if the guy playing Eddie Brock doesn't look like a football player?

And once again, I re-iterate what I said in a past post in this very thread: (a) it's the acting that will count, more so than the appearance; (b) anyone can beef up; (c) it doesn't really matter how big Eddie Brock is, because once he becomes Venom, he'll be enormous (due presumably to CG, hopefully); and (d) in Ultimate Spiderman, Eddie Brock is a wimpy guy like Peter anyway.

Sure, but hey, certain things were changed that didn't bother me as much. Examples: Peter's web ability being natural, Peter living next door to MJ, etc. but one of the most important aspects to ME is how an actor represents a character, and while this is just my opinion, a nerdy Venom is horrible. A nerdy Mysterio is bad, but a nerdy Eddie Brock is just horrible, so if that is how Venom is represented instead of the muscle-bound psycho that Venom was best seen as, I will certainly be dissapointed. Not saying I won't be able to live with it, but I'm not fond of the idea. And I never followed Ultimate Spider-Man, so I was not aware that tehre was one, but now that I know there is, I'll be sure not to read it. Thank you :P

And let's not forget that the story hasn't gotten into that clone business yet.

In the Beginning...
Sure, but hey, certain things were changed that didn't bother me as much. Examples: Peter's web ability being natural, Peter living next door to MJ, etc. but one of the most important aspects to ME is how an actor represents a character, and while this is just my opinion, a nerdy Venom is horrible. A nerdy Mysterio is bad, but a nerdy Eddie Brock is just horrible, so if that is how Venom is represented instead of the muscle-bound psycho that Venom was best seen as, I will certainly be dissapointed. Not saying I won't be able to live with it, but I'm not fond of the idea.
But you didn't initially say anything about a nerdy Eddie Brock ruining the film. You said that if Topher Grace plays Eddie Brock, the film would be ruined - which means that you're automatically assuming Topher Grace will be playing a nerdy Eddie Brock. I don't think that's a fair assumption, given that we've seen no footage of the film, much less his part in it.

And I never followed Ultimate Spider-Man, so I was not aware that tehre was one, but now that I know there is, I'll be sure not to read it. Thank you :P
I'm sorry you feel that way, because Brian Michael Bendis has done incredible things with that story. And dismissing an entire comic book just because they changed one character detail (this is the Ultimate universe we're talking about) seems pretty shallow to me, but whatever.

And let's not forget that the story hasn't gotten into that clone business yet.
So?

That Venom fan pic before those spoilers if indeed spoilers of course, looks awesome. Very realistic indeed.

anyone notice that at IMDB the person who plays Aunt may also has a side role as Carnage, probably an error but anyone hear anything about this?
Rosemary Harris .... May Parker/Carnage (attached)

Someone needs their fill.
Peter Parker has to face his biggest foe yet!!! A decrepit old lady with a symbiot...this is what Peter gets for not taking out the trash for his aunt.

Originally Posted by Hell_Bent
anyone notice that at IMDB the person who plays Aunt may also has a side role as Carnage, probably an error but anyone hear anything about this?
Rosemary Harris .... May Parker/Carnage (attached)
It does ound pretty strange - especially with the history of Carnage in the comics....

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Carnage was once serial killer Cletus Kasady, and became Carnage after merging with the offspring of the alien symbiote called Venom during a prison breakout. The symbiote amplified his psychopathy and made him infinitely more dangerous. Unlike Venom, Carnage is a singular entity, referring to himself as "I" instead of "We", because the symbiote has actually merged into Kasady's bloodstream.

Carnage is also the "father" of Toxin.

Kasady believes he killed his father, who apparently killed the boy's mother when she tried to kill him; as he is completely insane, however, he is self-admittedly unclear on the exact details ("...or is it the other way around?"). It is also unclear on Kasady's relationship with his mother, as he seems to have feelings for her, causing him to dig up her grave at the end of Maximum Carnage. He also revealed that he killed his grandmother when he was younger, pushing her down a flight of stairs. He also tortured animals (including his own dog) when he was young. His largely self-invented past and personality is one of the many traits he shares with the Joker, upon whom he is largely based.

Kasady has been separated and re-attached to the symbiote multiple times. The Carnage symbiote has occasionally attached itself to other hosts, including The Silver Surfer, and the Ben Reilly version of Spider-Man. Venom later decided to absorb the Carnage symbiote "for good," during which Kasady retained the Carnage persona by costuming himself in red paint and continuing his killing sprees (albeit as a powerless human). This was short lived, however, as Kasady coincidentally found an exact replica of the symbiote in the Negative Zone. Why this symbiote is an identical copy, or where it came from, has yet to be explained, although it stands to reason that the story was a wrap-up of a dangling plot thread by writer Howard Mackie.
First Appearance: Amazing Spider-Man #344, as a cameo as Carnage in Amazing Spider-Man #360 and Fully as Carnage in Amazing Spider-Man #361

I think Topher Grace will be alright for Venom. After all, weren't a bunch of people critical about Tobey Macguire being Spiderman?

Only time will tell ..