Your Hopes For X3!

Tools    

Whose powers do u want Singer to show us more of in X3?
15.38%
2 votes
Kitty's
76.92%
10 votes
Colossus'
0%
0 votes
Siryn's
7.69%
1 votes
Jubilee's
13 votes. You may not vote on this poll

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Ford
I think the pacing is what's killed the movies. It's like they're just walking through it. Nobody is in a hurry to save the world. You'd think they'd have a sense of urgency.
Eh...maybe. Give me some examples.

I would rather have seen a slightly less serious take. Ditch the leather and give them track suits, sorta like X-Factor wore over their spandex. They could have been colorful and distinctive. Wolverine could have stayed in his jeans and leather jacket.
I'd like the X-films to be more engaging, not less. I can get the fun, let's-play-superheroes feel from Spider-Man. The X-Men are somewhat different.

The main problem (much like with the comics) is that they keep telling us mutants are persecuted and feared. But the reader and viewer loves them! We don't get the hysteria and they don't convey it.
The comics choose to sensationalize as much as the film producers do (read: Xorn is not Magneto). If they'd really focus on the human vs. mutant ideals in X-world, I think they'd find some really impressive material. Every time the comics showed the mutant condition on a larger, even global level, I really felt like I was seeing a believable world. Examples:

- mutants lining up outside those labs to get the mutant cure
- mass Genosha mutants losing their lives from the Sentinel attack
- human protests and demonstrations against mutants

That's the kind of stuff I wish the films would take more advantage of.

And I'd rather have seen Sid Vicious as Sabertooth instead of Tyler Mane. Ideally it would be Nick Chinlund though. "The Chronicles of Riddick" kinda gave me that idea.
No. Clancy Brown was made for the role.

I'd love to see a good X-Men movie. It should have nonstop action, great special effects and a fast pace.

I predict "Superman Returns" will be a huge bomb. Singer is overrated.

Originally Posted by Sedai
Sleeze, if you are talking about the lame heavy handed "she might not come back" stuff in the trailer when you say you know where this is going, I totally agree.
That for sure, and some other things. Since Dr. Rao is there, I know they're doing something with the "cure" aspect. But I've heard some dumb stuff...

WARNING: "X3" spoilers below
...apparently, there will be "cure guns." Whether they're just like Star Trek hyposprays or actual revolvers that shoot cure darts, I don't know.

I'd say there are some pretty blatant connections to the comics in this one.

There's treachery afoot!!!
X-men 3 clip that was featured on Leno. Really bad dialogue but the ending is worth it:

My hopes for X-men 3? A Colossus-Juggernaut fight that tears apart most of the city.

That It's not the last one. Well does the head of a sentinel count as the movie having sentinels in it?