Boondock 2: All Saints Day

Tools    

anyone ever see the movie "boondock saints"? it was released in 99 (i think) and it is my fav movie. It about a couple of Irish guys from Boston who decide to go around killing all the people they feel are evil (mobsters mainly). Anyway, they announced a few months back that they are making a sequel and i am really really happy and cant wait for it. I was just wondering if anyone else here is a fan of this fine movie.

oh yeah, and i am new here, Hello everyone.
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine patrie,et fili et spiritu sancti.

I LOVE the Boondock Saints, Its one of my favourites movies too!
I hope the sequel is as good as the first and hopefully it will be released in cinemas worldwide so I get to watch it on the Big screen.
Oh and I hope Willem DaFoes back too.

BTW, Welcome to the Forums.

A novel adaptation.
Next time, use the search option.

ya its a classic movie, i hope the sequel is as good as the 1st one

I loved the first one too.

IMDb says that both the lead actors, Sean Patrick Flanery and Norman Reedus are returning. So too is Billy Connolly.

No word on Willem Dafoe as yet.

This is one of my favorite movies as well, my friend told me about this movie and when is aw it i went n bought the DVD this is such a great movie, and im pissed that it didnt come out ont heatres, but does anyon know when the 2nd one comes out cuz i cant wait

Agreed, wicked movie (he says sipping Southern Comfort from an "Il Duce" shot glass

Oder the DVD from the official site and chances are you'll get a signed copy! Troy Duffy is the man!

Originally Posted by speKtor
anyone ever see the movie "boondock saints"? it was released in 99 (i think) and it is my fav movie. It about a couple of Irish guys from Boston who decide to go around killing all the people they feel are evil (mobsters mainly). Anyway, they announced a few months back that they are making a sequel and i am really really happy and cant wait for it. I was just wondering if anyone else here is a fan of this fine movie.

oh yeah, and i am new here, Hello everyone.

I love that movie! i was just wondering if anyone knew when All Saints Day comes out!? Between Sean Patrick Flannery (Connor), or Norman Reedus (Murphy), which one do you think is more attractive?

Swashbuckler Extraordinaire
Life doesn't get better than this

-When in doubt, Kill it

Don't tell Robin I'm here!!
I, like most people, am usually a little bit reluctant when it comes to sequels, but one thing about sequels that always keeps me a little more interested is when the stars of the original film RETURN for the second one. Nothing sucks more than finding out that the sequel to a film you loved is gonna' have nobody from the original movie and be directed by a totally different person with a totally different vision. "Boondock Saints" will go down as a "cult classic", or as an "underground classic", and it's great to know that Flannery and Reedus are gonna' return for the sequel. Now they've got me hooked.....hopefully the trailers will reel me in.

There looks to be a kink in the works for the sequel as all information of it has been completely removed froom IMDB.com. Also the Boondock website for the community section has been down for the past few months. Either Duffy has choosen to remove all info while he might be re-writing and casting - or its all been put to rest.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
I would be surprised if anyone touched Duffy with a bargepole.
Feels like the last desperate attempt from Duffy to fuel his massive ego!!!!
Overnight was a fascinating watch, but Duffy came across very badly, plus I still think Harvey Weinstein holds a grudge against him, so his hopes of getting any project off the ground seem minimal.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
I would be surprised if anyone touched Duffy with a bargepole.
Feels like the last desperate attempt from Duffy to fuel his massive ego!!!!
Overnight was a fascinating watch, but Duffy came across very badly, plus I still think Harvey Weinstein holds a grudge against him, so his hopes of getting any project off the ground seem minimal.

Whats a bargepole?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Both men are egotistical bastards.

Weinstein buys up everything he can possibly find and shelves them so no other company can make it. Horrible man.

Suspect's Reviews

Welcome to the human race...
Haha, you got that right.

Pity, I was kinda counting on this coming out.

How do you find out about a sequel i can't find anything on imdb about it, is there even going to be a sequel?

Originally Posted by thehulkzinger
How do you find out about a sequel i can't find anything on imdb about it, is there even going to be a sequel?

I'm guessing the sequel is completely and utterly dead. Last I heard Duffy was looking for a company to finance it, but since then things have just died off. I'm assuming he probably just nixed the whole thing.

There's treachery afoot!!!
Originally Posted by rdavenpo66
I'm guessing the sequel is completely and utterly dead. Last I heard Duffy was looking for a company to finance it, but since then things have just died off. I'm assuming he probably just nixed the whole thing.
Welll that just sucks, I love the first movie andwhen I first heard that there would be a sequel I was really lookin forward to seein it.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Ehh....I seriously doubt there would be a sequel. At one point and time I wanted a sequel, but now I am happy there isn't one. Their deeds were done and the movie had it's hype. It is one helluva underrated movie to be sure. An Indie like no others.

If Duffy did do anything, it would be for the money. He's obviously too interested in his band and doesn't give two ****s either way. Honestly, word about a movie coming out had been circulating for several years now. But hey, we were told to abandon all hope.

If another movie does come out, it would be a bomb. A ridiculous bomb. A love story would be just a waste and I can't imagine a woman (no offense to the ladies out there) ever being involved in such things. In fact, there were only a handful of woman in the first one.

Where I'm trying to get at is that no one should ever touch this video ever again. It needs no reason. It just needs more exposure.

Then again, the morons that would watch it would interpret it in a way that wasn't inclined.
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

Originally Posted by Godsend
Ehh....I seriously doubt there would be a sequel. At one point and time I wanted a sequel, but now I am happy there isn't one. Their deeds were done and the movie had it's hype. It is one helluva underrated movie to be sure. An Indie like no others.

If Duffy did do anything, it would be for the money. He's obviously too interested in his band and doesn't give two ****s either way. Honestly, word about a movie coming out had been circulating for several years now. But hey, we were told to abandon all hope.

If another movie does come out, it would be a bomb. A ridiculous bomb. A love story would be just a waste and I can't imagine a woman (no offense to the ladies out there) ever being involved in such things. In fact, there were only a handful of woman in the first one.

Where I'm trying to get at is that no one should ever touch this video ever again. It needs no reason. It just needs more exposure.

Then again, the morons that would watch it would interpret it in a way that wasn't inclined.
Yeah I would have to agree he's waited FAR too long for the sequel to be a major success. I now feel like things being said about him (his ego being huge and only being about money and his own sucess) are becoming more appartent to his "flock" of followers.

I actually interviewed Duffy when the news first broke for my college paper. Things sounded like in a few months we'd have our sequel. Now 3+ years later still nothing and almost all signs are gone for a sequel. I feel he did it for attention and to get people rushing to buy up all BDS merchandise to get him money. I'm quite dissapointed in him for doing this to his fan base, while keeping things about why it isn't being made secret.

But with the BDS.com site being down (possibly Duffy's way of silenting his "flock" so he wouldn't be slammed with questions about when the sequel is coming out) and any reference to BDS2 is no longer in existance...it's safe to say this movie is NO MORE.