Louis C.K. sexual misconduct accusations

Tools    

thoughts?

I just saw this on the news and made a thread. Sorry im not so good with the source stuff

I heard a couple of sports radio hosts say last week he would be next so it must've been a pretty well known thing. I really don't know anything about the guy.

Depressing, like all the rest of it, alleviated only by a general feeling of satisfaction that all of this stuff is being brought to light. Get it all out. The sooner it happens, the less likely it is to continue happening.

I'll make a prediction about this one: because the accusations don't appear to involve any physical contact, or exposing himself to anyone underage, I think there's a good chance he'll admit to this, publicly apologize, and go into "rehab" in an attempt to salvage his career.

Velvet, my thought is I love that you have Airi Suzuki making her happy eating face as your avatar!

my thoughts are that I love you!

This might just do nobody any good.
I’ll echo what was said in few other places; that I’m not surprised (his routine always had a confessional element to it), but am still disappointed. I guess i thought/hoped he was self-aware enough not to actually delve into the **** he joked about.

I held him in too high esteem. A mistake that’ll surely come back soon.

Depressing, like all the rest of it, alleviated only by a general feeling of satisfaction that all of this stuff is being brought to light. Get it all out. The sooner it happens, the less likely it is to continue happening.

I'll make a prediction about this one: because the accusations don't appear to involve any physical contact, or exposing himself to anyone underage, I think there's a good chance he'll admit to this, publicly apologize, go into "rehab," and attempt to salvage his career.
My fear is that the "me too" campaign could lead to a bandwagon of false copy cats who feel that making accusations is a great way to get revenge on a man when they aren't guilty of a crime, or just to ruin someone for whatever reason. It's a potential double edged sword.

Doh! Another one of my favorite comedians caught up in this. Very disappointing. Hopefully he'll be super honest about it rather then avoident or hostile like many others. Would fit his personality at least. But clearly he is now forever tainted. And Im getting pretty anxious who might be next... Please tell me Jim Gaffigan doesnt have any skeletons in his closet...

My fear is that the "me too" campaign could lead to a bandwagon of false copy cats who feel that making accusations is a great way to get revenge on a man when they aren't guilty of a crime, or just to ruin someone for whatever reason. It's a potential double edged sword.
You can pretty much lay odds on it.

the fact that that's the first thing many people think of should tell you how these abusers got away with it for so long
In most cases where men got away with it, it was because no one spoke up. For serial abusers, one person speaking up was often enough to give others the courage to do the same.

It's still a double edged sword as there are well known cases where false allegations have been made for a variety of motives.

Such a case is that of Brian Banks (fortunately, his story had a happy ending, but only after having ten years of his life stolen from him - with 5 years in prison and 5 on probation as a registered sex offender - all over a completely false allegation).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_...sexual_assault

Both my favorite Belgian comedian (Bart De Pauw) and my favorite comedian in the world (Louis C.K.) got exposed by the media today as sexual perverts.

There's still a significant difference between what these two did and what guys like Weinstein and Spacey did, in my opinion, but it's of course wrong to justify this kind of behavior by comparing it to much worse examples. It's a dirty trick caused by my bias.

I'm saddened, maddened and disappointed, but I hope these two will one day get another chance. Things will never be the same, though. It's been a very dark past few hours for me. My heart is broken. The laughter is gone.

Thoughts? Ehhh, I shouldn't have been surprised.

I suppose that makes 7? (Probably 9 If you include the two Corey Feldman named.)

Who's Next?