Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Asphalt (1929)

I don't see anywhere that labels this as a noir, but that's exactly what it was as far as I'm concerned. It's the earliest I've seen and the first since I've been prepping for the Pre-30's Countdown. There were points that seemed like time was standing still, but otherwise it was a very good flick.

Jeez, that Betty Amann was gorgeous!

Heh heh, it does seem that women of that 'classic ' era had a certain type of loveliness that was seldom matched hence.

Oh....and btw, I was walking down the corridor of this thread, and I heard a loud clattering, then saw two round things rolling down the hall. Fortunately I was able to scoop them up, before they disappeared into the abyss.

Here ya go- I believe these belong to you Doc

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'm sure most won't care, and the rest would rather say nothing, but I wish each movie = each post.. If someone posts two movies, I might love one, and dislike the other, and as much as I want to show my love for one movie, I think its misleading if I were to give it a THUMBS UP, because I don't want people on here mixing up what I like/dislike.

Well good news Scream 3...Scream Resurrection is now far and away the worst of all Scream-verse.

Boring, manipulative, and frankly racist the entire story moves in one direction and then we get the twist and it's just stupid and uninspired.

Oh yeah, I meant it in the way that it didn’t feel like a PG-13 movie at all. I could have seen this being Rated R to be honest.
That's what I thought you meant. I probably didn't word my response very well. I was expecting the film to be quite tame, given the target demographic of the books. So I'm surprised that it's supposedly pushing the upper limits of PG-13 and not playing it overly safe to cater to a younger audience.

skin – 2018

i fond the real story long time ago, when the subject interested me for the wrong reasons
they changed the events to be more plot wise, they have to sell the film obviously
i actually liked those changes, about him finding a family and having change for them
what really surprised me back then and now was the level of commitment that group had
most skinhead groups are filled with rhetorical, actually intelligent people, violence is an adding
that's what you get when you don't fell a connection with anything or anyone in the world,
you look at yourself and the only thing you see connecting you with a group is the color of your skin
and the thing we most want is connection, is belonging to something and they hunt for this people
could be religion, like isis. for this people to do crazy thing's all it takes is a little push, like gravity
getting away after this level of commitment is difficult, very difficult, but the most rewarding
the film is not at the level of the believer for instance, but jamie bell looks great, very legit

Welcome to the human race...
Dragged Across Concrete -

you know a dude is talented when he takes a 3-hour movie about racist cop Mel Gibson and makes it even remotely watchable

The Cat And The Canary (Paul Leni, 1927)

Purrs along quite nicely

Heh heh, it does seem that women of that 'classic ' era had a certain type of loveliness that was seldom matched hence.

Oh....and btw, I was walking down the corridor of this thread, and I heard a loud clattering, then saw two round things rolling down the hall. Fortunately I was able to scoop them up, before they disappeared into the abyss.

Here ya go- I believe these belong to you Doc

Heh, heh. Yeah, some of those tomatoes from that era were eye popping beauties!..

Pale Rider 1985 Directed by Clint Eastwood
It's good isn't it? When I was watching The Equalizer 2 recently this film came to mind, as did Magnum Force.

It's good isn't it? When I was watching The Equalizer 2 recently this film came to mind, as did Magnum Force.
Yuup, very enjoyable Western. I have seen both, but can't remember magnum force, why did they come to mind?

Woman on the Run (1950)

A good noir that I'd never before seen, directed by the Orson Welles' protege, Norman Foster, starring Anne Sheridan and Dennis O'Keefe, with reliable portrayals by Ross Elliot, Robert Keith and Frank Jenks.

The film had been beautifully restored by the UCLA Film & Television Archive, so the Hitchcockian type features of various San Fransisco landmarks are very vivid.

The title is misleading, for it's really a man who is on the run, after witnessing a murder. The story has an unusual twist early on, so the viewer is treated to some knowing suspense throughout the picture. It was also interesting to see the va-va voom Ann Sheridan dressed in a rather frumpy topcoat for the entire movie!

This was an unusual independent production in the era where the big studios still reigned supreme. It's a nice find, and most cinephiles would enjoy watching it for its historical value as well as for its noir drama.

Doc's rating: 7/10

Yuup, very enjoyable Western. I have seen both, but can't remember magnum force, why did they come to mind?
The Western iconography, and other spoilery reasons .

Gary Ross produced, directed and co-wrote this cinematic fantasy which is nothing short of magical. Tobey Maguire and Reese Witherspoon play contemporary teen siblings who magically zapped into the middle of a 1950's sitcom. This film initial provides major laughs and then takes a dark turn providing important messages about bigotry and freedom of speech among other things before rebounding for a spectacular finale. The cast is amazing...JT Walsh in a comic variation on the villains he's known for, William H. Macy as the befuddled sitcom dad, Jeff Daniels as the confused owner of the malt shop, and best of all, Joan Allen, luminous as the sitcom mom, a performance that should have earned her an Oscar nomination. A truly one-of-kind movie experience.

The Hired Hand 1971 Directed by Peter Fonda

Beautiful score, cinematography and picture-in-picture overflowing shots. Very minimalistic European Art house look and feel for an American Western. Quite A unique film within the genre.

+

⬆️ I agree.