What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Love actually/Wimbledon because I felt I should own some rom-coms.

there's a frog in my snake oil

At 3 quid each I just couldn't say no

(I've never seen Old, but figure hell, that's cheaper than renting it )

Blind buy - Superman Returns for 2.50...

And I bought my niece The Princess and the Frog...

I also bought all my Twilight nutty cousins a copy of New Moon...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

At 3 quid each I just couldn't say no

(I've never seen Old, but figure hell, that's cheaper than renting it )
You'll either like it or hate it. hopefully you'll like it like I did.

The Baader Meinhof Complex

An Education

Sherlock Holmes
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Just recently, I got me the following

Shutter Island;
From Paris with Love;
A Christmas Carol;
The Spy Next Door;
Lightning Thief; and
Legion

Its gonna be a DVD marathon for me. WHEEEE!!! lol!

I thought I would give this ago for tonight just to see if a WWe star can do a good movie.

I thought i'd give it ago too major bad movie

Yeah, I thought the primise from what you see in the trailer looked cool the movie basicially fails in almost every department. I guess if your an action junkie like me then it maybe worth one viewing, just maybe.

P.S. I bought it for 5 dollars which is about 3 pounds and I'll tell you what, it wasn't worth it.

The People's Republic of Clogher

Alas, it seems that the LOTR franchise has gone the way of Star Wars - These are the cinema releases and not the extended cuts and the bonus discs are DVDs and not Blu Rays. Expect the pricier Extended Edition trilogy BD set in time for The Hobbit's release.

That said, I never saw too much in the extra material Jackson added (and I own the trilogy in that format on DVD) which I considered absolutely essential and as the sumptuous extras from the original EE's were recorded on video and not film they probably don't benefit hugely from a transition to HD. I doubt if I'll even watch the extra discs in this set, to be honest.

Picture quality is a significant upgrade (only watched Fellowship so far and apparently the other two films are more precise in their mastering) and the DTS-HD soundtrack is excellent - I'm hearing stuff that I never knew existed and doubt very much that extra dialogue has been added.

Well worth it if you can find the set at a good price but don't get rid of your Extended Edition sets just yet.

Enjoying Columbo so much I couldn't resist this for twenty quid second hand (I'll have to trade in the others now, doh). The box is a bit battered, but it was worth it for Any Old Port in a Storm with Donald Pleasence; probably the best episode, and an acting masterclass.

also picked up...

Watched Breakheart Pass the other night (I've seen all the others many times) and wasn't all that impressed. It was an average western all told.

Also got hold of a couple of sterling bootlegs - really gorgeous widescreen transfers.