The Seventh seal

→ in
Tools    

Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back. Or in this case offered death game of chess. This movie follows a warrior back from the crusades he's blood sicken and finds himself searching for God in a godless land that is riddled with death and the plague. Brilliantly acted and the bleak black and white to the film goes perfectly with the theme. Definitely one of my favourite films of all time. 10/10

Loved it.

I saw it a while ago. It was my first Bergman. 15 years and 5 more Bergman films later, it is still my least favorite Bergman. I should probably rewatch it, cause I've loved every other film of his, but this one didn't land too well with me.

I saw it a while ago. It was my first Bergman. 15 years and 5 more Bergman films later, it is still my least favorite Bergman. I should probably rewatch it, cause I've loved every other film of his, but this one didn't land too well with me.

You and I are polar Bergman opposites apparently.

BTW, cool story. After watching this, the next movie I turn on, without even knowing that Sydow had ANYTHING to do with it, was The Exorcist. Total mindblower.

Many more classic movies are listed in the past episodes, so you might want to check this out if you like that sort of thing
Fritz Lang, Frankenstein, The Time Machine, etc...