The Conners

Tools    

Cute opening of ep 18, Jackie wanting to serve rabbit stew for Easter. "I figured Ben was a let's hydrate and do it aain kind of guy." Jackie is the last person on the planet Darlene should be talking to about intimacy problems in her marriage. Jackie was really acting like an idiot in this episode. "Thank you...these are my best under the sink clothes." Darlene trying to seduce Ben had me on the floor. This Ben/Darlene thing seems to have come out of nowhere." "We were just playing which Conners have been institutionalized." The reveal of the nasty texts were funny. Jay R Ferguson was beyond adorable in that last scene with Sara Gilbert. I was a little disappointed that this Ben/Darlene thing seems to have wrapped in this episode, this would have been a really interesting multi-episode story arc.

"That's not a filter, that's an actual smile on my face." "In Mark's defense, he has put a lot of effort into lying to you." Poor Mark...the kid is too smart to be unable to go to college. Kind of sad seeing a grossly overweight Sean Astin as a guest star...he was so big that I didn't realize who it was until he spoke. Darlene working where Mark goes to college? That has disaster written all over it. "we had to change our mascot last year because it was extremely offensive to the Dutch." "Is there a blood drain manager?" Mo Gaffney was funny as Astin's mom. I was surprised by Dan's advice to Darlene and not surprised that she probably isn't going to listen. "You are the buttermilk to my perforated stomach lining." I loved everything Ben said to Darlene in that last scene. "She told me you're out of my league and I want to ruin her day." Sara Gilbert was terrific in that last scene with Mark. Still hate that they're dressing Mark like he's in the 1960's.

"I'm just trying to wrap my head around the fact that anyone in this family has a thousand dollars." Jackie shouldn't have lied to her husband about the money. Darlene matchmaking for mark has disaster written all over it. Neville didn't come home over that? Overreact much? "You live in Mayberry, you're going to run into Aunt Bee." What makes Darlene and the family think it was appropriate to tail Mark on his date? I felt terrible for James, a twist I didn't see coming. Neville's dialogue in that scene with Dan was something out of a 1940's melodrama. "I was sitting behind the wheel under the influence, I do that at home every night." Mark blaming Darlene for James wasn't really right. Mark should have broke up with James by himself like a grownup. "Hit me one more time and I'm calling Mom." Like that they finally addressed the way Mark dresses.

Loved that Darlene's ranting and raving even drove Beverly Rose away. I wish instead of making up stories from the Conners' past for this show that they reference stuff that happened on the original series. Who is Darlene to put a parental lock on Ben's computer? Seriously? John Goodman and Laurie Metcalf were fantastic in that confrontation scene about the family movies. Loved when Dan said Jackie had the memory of an old prize fighter. "When you start out as a hot baby, it's all downhill from there." Becky getting to the root of Darlene and Ben's problems...seriously? "See this? We're talking, we're resenting, we're leaving Becky the hell alone." "Between the two of us, we've got one good working brain." Love that Jackie took the high road with Dan, she didn't have to do that.

"Thank you I haven't had anything in my eyes all day." "In Mark's defense, he did put a lot of effort into lying to you." "Well, my ulcer has a new friend...chest pains." Becky and Louise work together....Becky wouldn't recognize Louise's handwriting? "Is it claiming to know me cause I'm here with a different napkin." Wow, took me a minute to recognize Sean Astin, had no idea he had gotten so big. He's still the charming screen presence he has always been. Nice to see Mo Gaffney, who was so funny in a couple of episodes of the original series after the family won the lottery. That was heartbreaking when Becky and Tyler got interrupted by that Carey Mulligan look alike. When did Ben develop an ulcer? That totally got by me. Sara Gilbert and Ames McNamara nailed their final scene.

"Speaking in front of 400 students is an honor. Can't wait to read about it in the papers." It's refreshing that Ben doesn't automatically hate David. I really hate the way they've turned David into deadbeat Dad. I understand Mark's anger toward Darlene, but he's still living under her roof and as long as he's doing that, he can't tell her to back off. Not to mention that Darlene is thinking about David's history and she just doesn't want to see Mark get hurt on his very important day. The reveal that Dan and Jackie's parents didn't go to their graduation was mind blowing to me. I thought all parents are front row and center for graduation. "But he's not a man...he's my little butterfly." "Your vegan mom cooked you some chicken." Loved the way Darlene stuck up for Ben with Mark. Was impressed that Mark was dressed almost normally in the final scene. "You're way hotter than the battleax who handed me my diploma the first time."

Lost track of where I am here, so I'm starting with Xmas episode, season 5 ep 10. Loved Beverly Rose wanting to be a puppy for picture day. It reminded me of that old Roseanne Halloween episode where Dan freaked out because DJ wanted to be a witch. Jane Curtin was terrific as Louise's mother, even if she might be a little young for the part. Can't believe Louise would even consider going on the road with her mother. "Oh God, tell me what's on your mind, it couldn't take long." "Dad left me for a woman who has both of her original hips." "This is why dogs go back to the shelter." The button with jackie and Louise's mom was perfect.

Whoopi Goldberg brightened up ep 17 as Mark's music teacher. Laurie and Whoopi were fantastic together. "Has anyone ever met a member of your family and liked them?" How did I know that something I did 40 years ago was going to come back and bite Mark in the ass?" "I'm more of a Peppermint Patty guy...she wears sandals in winter...love that." "There are no refreshments and I forgot my emergency Slim Jims." Poor Mark, I felt bad for him. An alcoholic like Becky is the last person who should be messing with a gambling machine. Darlene's idea of having the teacher over for dinner has disaster written all over it. Clearly, the producers told Whoopi it was cool to wear her own clothes for this. "I moved out of your house when I was 47, I'm an adult now." Dan really knows his daughter. It still blows my mind that Mark wants to play the contra bassoon. Loved that Harris immediately knew that mark lied to their mother.

OK opening episode of season 6. Toilet paper in the napkin dispensers. Don't know how the Lunch Box has stayed operational with Jackie at the helm...she's pretty nuts. "You take me out of school for no reason and now I'm a cafeteria worker, I think we can connect those dots." Love Ben having a man crush on Adam Chestnut. Loved Nick Offerman as Adam...he looks great. "Is she? She has a filthy daughter with no future." Liked Jackie's hurt face. Why not call it the don't come here for dinner box?" Who was that actress playing Darlene's former co-worker Amanda? Love that Dan thought Simon and Schuster was the title of Amanda's novel. "Well, predator reports are important too." "Remind me to get you out of my ass before I sit down." That was a stupid thing for Darlene to be mad at her father about. I have to go with Dan here, Darlene misinterpreted Dan's intentions. John and Sara are still so good together. "Please keep your sad dreams off my TV show." "Yes and that's what it takes to care." "Two wives divorced me and I bought a truck for a son I've never met." Well at least Jackie admitted she's not into the restaurant anymore. I'm sorry but the idea of Harris running the Lunch Box has disaster written all over it.

Season 6, Ep 2. OMG, Sean Astin looks TERRIBLE! Is he all right? Can't believe that's the same guy who played Rudy. "Dan I'm going to take all of your money and your daughter." "If you want to, you can bring her dad a large bouquet of Budweiser." Darlene making fun of Tyler for living with his father as along as she lived with Dan and Roseanne? What the hell was Tyler thinking giving Beverly Rose money? I can't believe he thought that was a good idea. Estelle Parsons is looking really unhealthy too, but she's a lot older than Astin, though it's hard to tell. For the record, I'm not seeing any resemblance between Darlene and the late Davy Jones. Liked the reveal that Bev's card wasn't stolen. There's a guy standing behind you with a black robe and a sickle." Becky shouldn't have let what Tyler was doing go on as long as she did. I told her I was on tour with Herman's hermits it'll freak her out." "No puppy should have to injest that much evil." "Wow, a damaged man with money...marriage is definitely on the table."

Season 6 Ep 3. The joke of Darlene resembling Davy Jones is definitely wearing thin. "The dead don't pay no interest, but the living go to jail." "The only thing that dies in this house are our hopes and dreams." I'm surprised that Bev agreed to participate in a drug trial. Jackie and Bev spending the day in Chicago? Seriously? OMG, poor Beverly Rose. Was Bev really in the restroom? OK, why did Jackie think Bev was in the bathroom? Estelle Parsons nailed that last scene with Laurie. I hope something terrible doesn't happen to Bev, what she's doing is kind of unsettling. OK, is it me or is Darlene becoming very self-absorbed and judgmental? "it takes two chickens to peck our Heart and Soul."

Season 6 Ep 4. I see Mark is still dressing like he's stuck in the 1960's. "Is he going to school or backpacking across Europe?" Are we finally going to get to hear Katey Sagal sing after all this time? OK, why the dissing of ABBA? Only Jackie would get excited about match the lids day. "Could be the illegitimate child, or it could be Michael Jackson in general." Darlene's scene with the psychologist was funny. I understand Mark's frustration...I was a commuter student my freshman year of college but moved on campus my sophomore year. You do miss a lot if you don't live in the dorms. I love what Darlene did for Mark and i would have liked to have seen him be a little more appreciative, but baby steps, I guess. The tag with Ben, Becky, and the shrink was cute.

I finally people who watch the conners and hate the bimbo airhead version of Becky, thank god. Like I loved her in the revival season 10 and the tribute ep to Glenn Quinn was sweet(eggs over not easy), but the conners version of Becky I just don’t like her at all and that’s aside from the fact I stopped watching the conners after season three the rehab episode which I just did not like at all.

I finally people who watch the conners and hate the bimbo airhead version of Becky, thank god. Like I loved her in the revival season 10 and the tribute ep to Glenn Quinn was sweet(eggs over not easy), but the conners version of Becky I just don’t like her at all and that’s aside from the fact I stopped watching the conners after season three the rehab episode which I just did not like at all.
Yeah, we discussed this when The Conners first premiered...Becky's brain was removed when the show was revived and we're not sure why.

Season 6, Ep 5. I'm not feeling this relationship between Becky and Tyler, and not just because she and Sean Astin have absolutely no chemistry whatsoever. Darlene isn't reading the room about how Ben doesn't want to talk about turning 50. "My guy friends are your dad." "Go talk to our manservant about your senior struggles." Darlene suggesting that Ben talk to Tyler about turning 50 is ridiculous. Ames Macnamara still looks uncomfortably thin. Not cool with Harris getting Mark's friends drunk. Never have I ever enjoyed a girls' night." "We have nicknames for each other now...I'm gonna call you mine." Harris really doesn't see what she's doing is wrong?" "It's OK, honey, tell us where the bad men took you." Becky and Tyler taking a shower together...did not need that visual. Darlene became annoying when she realized that Ben didn't get help the way she wanted him to.

Yeah, we discussed this when The Conners first premiered...Becky's brain was removed when the show was revived and we're not sure why.
Brain transplant again except her original actress is playing her. I saw the clips of Becky and Tyler and yeah no chemistry at all. Also he looks like a wish list version of younger dan talk about daddy issues for Becky.

At least Lecy has always been a fan of Becky and Mark. Saw a interview she did, she was asked how she would have seen Becky and Mark’s relationship in the conners. She says Becky and Mark would still be together if Glenn was alive to be in the show, and that Becky and Mark were compatible and had a real love.

Read a article that mark (rip Glenn) will be mentioned in the episode dealing about death the episode that is tonight …hopefully it’s in good taste unlike last time

OK, like I seem to do at least once every season with this show, I somehow missed a episode and I will now be doing Season 6, Ep 5. The description of that pizza that Darlene ordered was disgusting. "Do you think I'm jealous of you because you were an honest thirty years ago?" They seemed to be trying to revive the venom between Becky and Darlene from the original series but it's not quite working. I'm wondering why Dan wasn't just truithful with Neville. "Hi Mom, and Aunt Jackie for some reason." Loved when Mark's friend burned Darlene, who kind of had that coming. Darlene is turning into such a snooty know-it-all. "When I told you I wanted you to be more assertive, that was only when I wanted you to agree with me." I liked Becky explaining to Darlene what friends are. "I'm the one who's and I wanna slam the door." Where have I seen the moderator of Trivia Night before? I didn't know Lisa Simpson was vegan. "I can't see you because I'm blinded by your wit." i wanna see that little bit of hirt, it's like whipped cream on a brownie." Wow, Natalie West looks kind of unhealthy. It's nice to see that Crystal caught onto Ed at some point, even if it was offscreen. That was cool watching Dan and Neville bond over daddy issues. The reveal that Darlene goes to Trivia Night every week I really didn't see coming.

OK, back on track, with Season 6, ep 7. I loved Dan think paying the bills was unnecessary because they weren't overdue. I hope Dan and Ben's hardware store isn't going out of business. I'm not sure if Ben can handle another failed business. Scavenger hunt? I hate when this show makes up history from the old show to serve this show. Loved the shout out to Shelley Winters as Nana Mary. Why would Darlene terrify Beverly Rose like that? That break-in was kind of lame...they just knocked a few displays over and I don't think they actually took anything. I love Jackie getting all into being a cop. How long was she a cop on the old show? Five, maybe six episodes? Nice to finally see Harris actually working. "Hopefully the Johnson family has room for one cool cousin?" Once again, Darlene basically poked her nose into someone else's business, even if it's her sister. I loved Becky talking about Mark's death to Beverly Rose and was taken aback that she referred to Mark as a "special friend" because I totally forgot that Beverly Rose knows absolutely nothing about Mark. A nice use of the history from the first show.