Pets

Tools    

I was thinking more of the iguana. Those things can be huge.
Thats why I say, "way down the road" because thats an iffy want that takes a lot of space time and money, much like owning a horse. Maybe not but I want one someday.

Okay. My bad. Just hope I never visit someone who’s got a python in his spare bedroom.
Pythons are nice with plenty of variety so you can get whatever fits your living situation.

Okay. My bad. Just hope I never visit someone who’s got a python in his spare bedroom.
My daughter was 16 yrs old and had a ball python named Ares Apophis, which was a fitting name. She had him until she was about 25. She gave him to a friend, who also raised them.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
My daughter was 16 yrs old and had a ball python named Ares Apophis, which was a fitting name. She had him until she was about 25. She gave him to a friend, who also raised them.

Years ago, I had a boss who had a snake in his office. I don't know what kind of snake it was, but it was a pale yellow and white color. I don't like snakes, but at least this one was a pretty snake, and it didn't have a scary feel to it.

Years ago, I had a boss who had a snake in his office. I don't know what kind of snake it was, but it was a pale yellow and white color. I don't like snakes, but at least this one was a pretty snake, and it didn't have a scary feel to it.
If it was medium size, probably albino python.

If very small, a corn snake.

If it was medium size, probably albino python.

If very small, a corn snake.
It was small, so it was probably a corn snake.

I don't work there anymore, but I still see my old boss every once in a while, so I'll ask him next time I see him. (My old boss is Hubby's cousin. That's how I met Hubby. )

It was small, so it was probably a corn snake.

I don't work there anymore, but I still see my old boss every once in a while, so I'll ask him next time I see him. (My old boss is Hubby's cousin. That's how I met Hubby. )
Here is an albino python.

This is the home of exiled Iranian director Jafa Panahi & his daughter’s iguana. In the documentary her pet looks even huger than the photo.

This is the home of exiled Iranian director Jafa Panahi & his daughter’s iguana. In the documentary her pet looks even huger than the photo.

That iguana is so big that it reminded me of the scene with the komodo dragon in the movie The Freshman.

That iguana is so big that it reminded me of the scene with the komodo dragon in the movie The Freshman.

Yeah, really. The iguana in the photo actually climbed vertically all over the bookcases in the documentary. Amazing to see & obviously a much-loved “pet”. (Panahi was under strict instructions from his daughter not to accidentally kill it.)

I have nine cats, everyone is surprised when I tell people that. They ask me how it happened, how you feed them all. But I love cats, the more cats the better, of course food for them is expensive, you can say that I work to feed my cats.

Odd pair these two.

This is Tatty and Sprout.

Tatty from the noises he makes, Sprout because he's green, round and small.

They were both born around Jan 2022. From their behaviour and colouration, the budgie, Sprout, was too young to be in a pet shop, and they were inseparable.
From what I know of Cockatiels, Tatty's paternal instinct had taken over, and he must have raised Sprout as his son.
They've been inseparable since.
I did have them in individual cages, but they pine for each other when separated.

The reason I know about the paternal side of Cockatiels, is past experience, and also that Sprout has a taste for Cockatiel food.
Says to me he's been fed on hacked up Cockatiel food when he was young from Tatty's gullet.

Amazing really when nature and nurture take their turns.

---

Once I'd got them hand tamed to the point I can control them, I put them back into the same cage, and they've been great since.
Not as friendly as Shitbox (RIP), but at least tame to an extent.

6 months ago when they were 6 months old, and today when they are 1 year old.

This has been my project for the past year
Never thought I'd love another bird after Shitbox.
I had him for 12 years, a third of my life. There's a couple vids in this thread of him somewhere, including a vid of when he died.

Tatty at 6 months ago at 6 months ago:

Sprout 6 months ago at 6 months old:

------

Tatty today, at 1 year old:

Sprout today, at 1 year old:

I have nine cats, everyone is surprised when I tell people that. They ask me how it happened, how you feed them all. But I love cats, the more cats the better, of course food for them is expensive, you can say that I work to feed my cats.
We probably feed around 9 outside plus my indoor cat.

You say “the more cats the better”, but I hope you’re getting yours fixed.