Title names from very old movies

Tools    

Here a few scenes from movies that one saw on TV back in the day:

One movie stars Roy Sheider. It shows a big black man pretending to be patrol guard in the middle of the street at night. he stops white man driving a vehicle. When he goes up to the vehicle he punches the white dude in the face. That's all one can recall.

This next one might've been a scene from a movie or TV show. It shows some people (including Paul Benedict) burried in the beach sand with their heads sticking out. A bunch of crabs come by and attack their heads. It seemed to be the end of the movie or show.

last but not least - another beach scene. It shows who could be Cher and a group of people playing volleyball in fast motion. One scene shows Cher throwing sand in a blonde girls eyes from the opposite team.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
One movie stars Roy Sheider. It shows a big black man pretending to be patrol guard in the middle of the street at night. he stops white man driving a vehicle. When he goes up to the vehicle he punches the white dude in the face. That's all one can recall.
There's a scene in 52 Pick-Up with Roy Scheider stopping a white guy in a car, but it's not the middle of the night, and he doesn't punch the guy. It starts at about 3:45 in this video:

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This next one might've been a scene from a movie or TV show. It shows some people (including Paul Benedict) burried in the beach sand with their heads sticking out. A bunch of crabs come by and attack their heads. It seemed to be the end of the movie or show.

I haven't seen this movie, but Hubby thinks this scene might be from the movie One Crazy Summer (1986).

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I haven't seen this movie, but Hubby thinks this scene might be from the movie One Crazy Summer (1986).

Heh, i believe this is the scene Hubby is remembering:

Followed by a guy placing a lawn chair over him then popping open a refreshing can of beans.

Thanks for the reminder of this flick btw! This might not make my list but now that i remember it, Better Off Dead just might!

Neither of those clips are from the movies I was asking about. Thank you anyway for the responses.

Neither of those clips are from the movies I was asking about. Thank you anyway for the responses.

I’m not so think as you drunk I am
I vaguely remember a similar scene at the end of one of those Creepshow episodes. Can’t remember exactly what went on beforehand but I recall a scene where a guy is buried up to his neck at night watching the tide slowly coming in.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
I vaguely remember a similar scene at the end of one of those Creepshow episodes. Can’t remember exactly what went on beforehand but I recall a scene where a guy is buried up to his neck at night watching the tide slowly coming in.

That's from the first Creepshow movie. Leslie Nielsen is a millionaire whose wife is having an affair with Ted Danson's character. He forces them at gunpoint to bury themselves up to their necks in the beach and sets up video cameras to record them slowly drowning as the tide comes in.

Eventually they drown but return as zombies to exact revenge on Nielsen.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

Let's not trail off and talk about something that's not on subject, people.

I mean, off-topic stuff actually bumps the thread, so I think you'd appreciate it, but okay then.

For future reference, though, please separate different questions in different threads. We like to be able to segment them so we can mark them answered or unanswered, which we can't really do if one gets answered and the other doesn't.

I'm not gonna say/type that those are the right answers when they're not.

I'm not sure you're really reading my posts, since I have not at any point suggested you "say they're the right answers when they're not."

I don't really follow what you're trying to say, so I'll reiterate/clarify: I'm saying if you're looking for two different things, each should go in a separate thread, so each can be marked Answered or Unanswered indivudually. Otherwise, what do we do if one of the two is identified? Either label will be half-wrong.

This is relevant whether either has been answered yet or not. But to that point, I can't see where you've specifically addressed/ruled out Buff&Stuff's suggestion, anyway.

It's not a matter of it being unanswered. Even if one person gets one name right, it would be appreciated. I don't think Creepshow is the answer.

It's not a matter of it being unanswered. Even if one person gets one name right, it would be appreciated.
I really don't think we're on the same page. Please read this post again. It contains information about how questions are to be posted: one per thread.

I also have no idea why you deleted your previous post, but I'm undeleting it.

I don't think Creepshow is the answer.
I think you should probably try to verify this is the case.

If you don't mind seeing several posts for different movies, so be it.

Great, thanks.

But yeah, to the Creepshow thing, we've had many examples over the years of people saying they didn't think an answer was right without confirming (usually by just glancing at some stills or something), only to have it turn out it was, in fact, correct. Heck, we've even had people dismiss answers with identical clips posted only to admit later it was right.

Memory on this stuff is fuzzy and gets mixed up with other things a lot. Makes sense, though: if the memories were clear, the thread wouldn't exist in the first place, so the askers usually need to do a bit of legwork to be sure.

And, at minimum, it would presumably be helpful to know exactly why someone thinks a suggestion isn't right, since in order to be dismissed there must be something believed to be missing or wrong with it, which is itself useful information in narrowing things down.

Bottom line, I don't think it was Creepshow since it was both men and women who were burried in the sand from the neck down. Pretty sure of them was Paul Bennedict. However, I've seen other posts where a person would ask about more than one movie in one thread.

Bottom line, I don't think it was Creepshow since it was both men and women who were burried in the sand from the neck down.
Okay, but have you confirmed that Creepshow doesn't have both? You can't just look at a still (or clip) and assume that, obviously.

Pretty sure of them was Paul Bennedict.
Uh, have you tried looking through his filmography, then? If you're pretty sure of one of the actors involved it'll take less effort to do that than...whatever all this is.

However, I've seen other posts where a person would ask about more than one movie in one thread.
Yes, and we'd rather they not do it. Sometimes we correct them, particularly if it seems (as it seems in your case) that more questions might be forthcoming. If they're only ever going to post the once, then the correction hardly matters.

Are you done arguing with me about this perfectly clear and reasonable rule now?

Also, stop deleting posts from this thread. It's completely bizarre to want to remove the ones where you rule out certain guesses, in particular.

Talk about being overlooked dramatically. Over the top, this is. Being butthurt, you are.