Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Magic Magic (Sebastián Silva, 2013)

The 'trick' is being able to endure 85 minutes in order to watch the other 10

Scream (1996)

-

Only saw this once before, with my wife before she was my wife, in Harvard Square drunk and chasing each other around the theater. I only remembered the beginning scene, not even who the killer was. I definitely enjoyed the references and it is funny although not hysterical. The mask is not scary at all unfortunately but I thought the whole movie was entertaining.

Opera (1987)

I don't know what happened to Argento but has he done a good film since the 70s?

[rating]1[]/rating]
Depends on what qualifies as "good" for him. He's never done another Deep Red or Suspiria, no. Never another Bird with a Crystal Plumage.

But he has done some items of interest between the running time, a few times - in Trauma and Sleepless.

Work is involved, though.

Don’t know why I waited so long, but I finally saw A Star is Born (2018). I give it a good 7/10. I never thought I would be so invested in those characters. What a great job by Cooper on this film. I found myself so wanting him to break free from his demons, but knew it was not to be.

First Man (2018)

It should be hard for anyone to give this movie anything less than a 3. With that being said, it's hard to give it a 5. You know what you are going to get going into it, and it is executed rather well. The emotions of the event are portrayed admirably, and the acting was solid all-around. It's just missing some element that makes it a timeless, endlessly rewatchable film. Maybe it's because it reaches for more historical accuracy and not pure entertainment value....not sure, but I did thoroughly enjoy it.
I agree with you assessment. This was a very well done production, with first rate jobs by everyone associated with it. It's the kind of quality one would expect from a film which was co-exec. produced by Spielberg.

Probably the only thing keeping it from being a huge hit was the fact that everyone knows the story. Still they managed to keep it interesting and even suspenseful. It's a first rate film which will not likely win any major awards. It simply doesn't fit with Hollywood's lust for their fashionable social justice dogma.

~Doc

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Scream (1996)

-

Only saw this once before, with my wife before she was my wife, in Harvard Square drunk and chasing each other around the theater. I only remembered the beginning scene, not even who the killer was. I definitely enjoyed the references and it is funny although not hysterical. The mask is not scary at all unfortunately but I thought the whole movie was entertaining.
Got to say that mask scares me big time. Think this is a top horror - sequels go the comedy road and suffer as a result imo.

“I was cured, all right!”

★★★
Communism is a bitch!
Cinema allows certain freedoms, but linguistics freedom rarely works. Chinese speaking English is so out of place that it hurts.

Scream (1996)

-

Probably should see this again cause I thought it was just OK when I originally saw it.

THE BALLAD OF BUSTER SCRUGGS
(2018)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Not a fan of folk music, but I do respect Joan Baez. Netflix envelope said it was 2 hours long, which worried me, but it turned out to be 1.22 hours, which, surprisingly, went quickly.

Dark Skies (2013, Scott Stewart)

Alien abduction thriller with J.K. Simmons in a minor role. Not all bad but overall pretty forgettable.

Got to say that mask scares me big time. Think this is a top horror - sequels go the comedy road and suffer as a result imo.
Another thing that made it not so intense for me about the killer was that they were a weakling getting tossed around like a 13 year old girl.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Another thing that made it not so intense for me about the killer was that they were a weakling getting tossed around like a 13 year old girl.
Lol true. Stop ruining it for me.