Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Concussion 2015-Will Smith, Alec Baldwin 9/10

Guys this movie was really good. Smith is another one of those actors that get snubbed because when they see him on screen all they think of is the fresh prince. It's a biographical drama about football players committing suicide at a young age, due to the severe head trauma they receive.

This film was produced by Ridley Scott and Smith was nominated for a Golden Globe. Worth the watch, please watch it.

-R
Good to hear somebody likes this. The previews of him and his accent and "tell the truth" just seem horrible. He was great as Ali, but this role seemed to outreach the scope of his ability.

Anyway...

Grease -

Oh, hell no.
Must have earned 1 bucket for saw-blade wheels or ONJ's black outfit .

In the Mood for Love (2000) 4.5/5

You'd think a film with a title like that should have at least one single kiss in it. Not this one, though, and I love it for that.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
American Ultra -

but the supermarket scene can easily go head-to-head with the church scene from Kingsman.
....no.

Suspect's Reviews

Finished here. It's been fun.

Alice In The Cities

A delightful film. Might be my new favorite Wenders film, although Paris, Texas is magnificent as well.

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
Ip Man - 9/10 - Realistic martial arts film, great story and acting, my only issue was that the dialogue could have been better.

American Pyscho
Mary Harron

A very interesting movie, and an amazing performance by Christian Bale. The ending is great and certainly leaves place to a lot of discussion, which is something I've always admired. It didn't really do anything for me and didn't really keep me entertained, but I can definitely see why this film is praised and adored.

+

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

Twilight Samurai (Japan)
stumbled upon this one when looking up the actor from Mr. Holmes that looked familiar but could not place him, on IMDB and saw this one under his acting credits.
Quite an endearing movie brimming with serene subtleties. A very lovely film.

Blood Ties
A gritty lil dysfunctional family flick set in the very late seventies. One brother is a criminal the other a cop and the dad is James Caan. Nothing really new but still rather worthwhile. Good ending.

Ender's Game
There was something rather worthwhile buried beneath this movie's intentions that just never seemed to surface for me. Didn't dislike it but wasn't caught up in it either.

For No Good Reason
An excellent and very entertaining documentary about the artist Ralph Steadman who is most known for his artwork in Hunter S Thompson's Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas. It spans his collaborations/antics with Thompson and others as well as getting a first hand look at the man and how he creates.

I have to return some videotapes...

American Pyscho
Mary Harron

A very interesting movie, and an amazing performance by Christian Bale. The ending is great and certainly leaves place to a lot of discussion, which is something I've always admired. It didn't really do anything for me and didn't really keep me entertained, but I can definitely see why this film is praised and adored.

+
Glad you watched it, but did you get the dark comedy? My personal favorite film.

Glad you watched it, but did you get the dark comedy? My personal favorite film.
Definitely. It didn't work too much for me, but I'm not a big fan of comedy either. Rarely do I laugh or smile during comedies, so it's not really surprising that this one didn't work on me either. I can definitely see how it's your favorite film though.

Welcome to the human race...
Stunning rebuttal.

Anyway...

Bone Tomahawk -
, possibly

Maybe a bit too long, but it's actually a rather effective blend of revisionist Western and cannibal horror.

45 Years
Andrew Haigh | 2015

The Big Lebowski
Joel Coen | 1998

Fruitvale Station
Ryan Coogler | 2013

The Revenant
Alejandro G. Iñárritu | 2015