Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Way

Overall, a very beautifully crafted movie.

The story is simple: a grouchy old man receives a call stating that his son died while walking on the Santiago de Compostela trek. In memory of his son, which he didn't know well, he decides to finish the trail carrying his ashes in memory of him. During this trail, he will meet people that will tag along with him, having each different reasons to do the trek.

While the imagery and cinematography in this movie is stunning and gorgeous, the acting also is very good, especially Martin Sheen's part and the Dutch guy. The other characters were good also, but those were the ones I really stuck with. The elements and story were well-handled also, as well as the little apparitions of Sheen's son.

There really isn't a lot of flaws I can talk about. Wrapping this up quickly, I give The Way a

Concussion (2015)

Will Smith gave an excellent performance and the film did a good job of shedding some light on this issue, although it was a bit heavy-handed at times, and I felt the script was not as strong as it could have been.

Joy
David O. Russell
What did I just watch. Looks like I watched 5 films instead of just one, since there were so many ideas thrown here and there that have nothing to do at all with the main plot. The characters are boring and lame, the plot is basic and predictable, and the amount of cheese is insane ! What a waste of actors. Probably the worst film I've seen in years.
(I'm being generous)
One of the most disappointing films of the year for me....

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?

Drag Me to Hell(2009)
Director - Sam Raimi
Cast - Alison Lohman, Justin Long, Lorna Raver
Rating - 8.5/10

One of my favorite horror films of the new millennium, director Sam Raimi does what he does best and scares the crap out of people. The idea for this film is not a new one, as it's a classic tale of morality and consequence. But the way that the story is told and the details woven into it expertly allow the viewer a front row seat to the mental and emotional breakdown and eventual decay of main character Christine(Alison Lohman). Justin Long plays the boyfriend and is by all accounts a by the numbers sort of gig. Lorna Raver as the desperate antagonist really strikes a chord in that damned makeup and plays the role of embittered angry gypsy lady well. With an ending that's just as quality as the rest of the movie, and a twist worthy of a "damn" I always recommend this to people who like horror but haven't seen much.

Adam - Could have been a much better movie if it wasn't for the script. Everything was rushed. For 1 hour and a half you think this movie is about a mop, and then in the last 5 minutes, you realize it was supposed to be about the life of Joy.

Love that movie! totally hilarious

Finished here. It's been fun.

I walked with a Zombie
+

Tourneur is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

This is a genuine masterpiece of black & white film aesthetics. Tourneur makes magic with light and shadow, mood and atmosphere.

Paul Blart : Mall Cop 2
Andy Fickman
My favorite scene was probably the part when the screen went black and some white names started rolling. Very interesting scene, however it should have been placed a lot earlier in the movie.
+

4 / 5

A very frightening film, that beach scene though scared the hell out of me especially when the child is crying after the entire family drowns. You hear stories like that on the news all the time. That image is going to stay with me for a long time.

Unregistered User
I don't think I've seen this one. Looks very, very worthwhile.
It certainly is. Especially with the 50's list looming, I reckon another watch of this and I would probably enjoy it even more.

Unregistered User

Obsession (1976)

Apart from a rather poor ending, I quite enjoyed this. Obviously it doesn't come close to Vertigo on any level and in some parts it is just downright silly but overall it was entertaining and in no way boring.

Thanks for the rec HK

Be a freak, like me too

Property Is No Longer A Theft
Elio Petri (1973), with Ugo Tognazzi and Daria Nicolodi (!) : A stylized film about the money which drives crazy (like L'Argent of Robert Bresson but which is more an austere film) inspired by the theories of Proudhon (What Is Property?) and the first part of The Trilogy of Neurosis (The Working Class Goes To Heaven and Investigation Of A Citizen Above Suspicion). An interesting film but sometimes too demonstrative.

Aguirre: The Wrath of God (1972)

The tranquility of nature devours a group of conquistadors deluded by grandeur. Herzog's restraint is a thing to behold, stripping his film of cheap affectation. Klaus Kinksi emotes with the prowess of a silent era star. One of the greatest opening shots of all time.

http://boxd.it/83VDd

What's Up, Tiger Lily? (1966)

Woody Allen used to be funny?! A fun little experiment in the screenwriter as the auteur. There are some quality jokes here. Overall, a goofy and light experience.

http://boxd.it/83NDz

Finished here. It's been fun.

The Lady Eve

One heck of a charming picture from Mr. Sturges!

The story is a bit far-fetched, sure, but I found the movie irresistible. Razor-sharp Hawks'eque dialogue and a career-best performance from Stanwyck.

"They look too much alike to be the same".

The Terminal Man (Mike Hodges, 1974)
-
Another early seventies Crichton adaptation that goes for the same methodical science procedural as Robert Wise's The Andromeda Strain, but which lacks the taut urgency of that film. Here we never really get to know Segal's softly spoken test subject beyond 'tortured genius prone to violent seizures' and are simply left to admire the deliberately clinical visuals - a monochromatic parade of gleaming white labs and minimal-futurist apartments. After an almost unbearably slow first hour this does begin to get interesting, but for the fact Segal's 'blackouts' bear more resemblance to something out of Woody Allen's Sleeper than a tense thriller.

The Descendants (2011) - Alexander Payne

- This is one hell of a great human and intelligent movie and I didn't even expect to like it at first... Very sharp and full of emotions movie that I highly appreciate. The cast is awesome and the storyline was quite very impressive. One of my favorite movie with George Clooney in it. I like the whole cheating back-story in the movie and every supporting actor are nice. I cry at the end and didn't even expect to cry... Solid direction from Payne and A flick that I can recommend to everybody.