Final Destination 3 Movie Review (2006)

→ in
Tools    

Final Destination 3 went back to the roots of the franchise, instead of building up on Final Destination 2. The same director and writer came back, the same amount of extreme build up in deaths came back, and the clichéd teen characters also returned. Not that any of this is particularly bad, I just wished I could have seen something different, instead of what was the first rehash of the series.

As the series continues, there are two things that are exciting to watch for: the references to the past films and the different ways that the deaths occur. Other than that, there’s not a whole lot left that the series is doing at this point.

In regards to death’s design, they decide to go back to the original “people die in the same order they were originally supposed to”, instead of taking up the backwards approach that Final Destination 2 did. I guess there’s not really any other angle they could take here.

The acting was pretty well done, following suit with the first two films, so fortunately we didn’t have any disconnect there. The cinematography is much like the other two as well. The franchise makes sure that there are tons of closeups which makes you wonder more and more about what’s actually gonna cause the deaths.

In my first two reviews, I never really talked a lot about the deaths specifically. Since these movies basically revolve around deaths like a circus freak sideshow, I feel like it’s important to actually talk about them now.

The first two films did a really good job with showing fairly accurate or at least possible ways to die. At this point in the franchise, more and more deaths are gonna seem not so possible. Which is fine, it is a non-realistic horror film. But I just thought it was something to mention. More specifically in this one, the whole nail gun death had me declaring ******** immediately.

At this point in the franchise, if I recall correctly, we’re basically at the beginning of a decline. Final Destination 3 wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great either. So far, I think both Final Destination 1 and 2 were slightly better than this one. However, with that being said, if you enjoyed the first two, I think you’ll definitely enjoy thus one. I’m extremely curious to watch Final Destination 4 and see just how that one ends up being.

I agree that this one was the beginning of the end for this franchise. This one and all the ones that follow were just people thinking of new ways to die.

The first two films were great fun. The third film seemed tired, but was still pretty watchable and fun at times. The fourth one SUCKED... but the fifth one kinda redeemed the franchise and actually ended the whole thing on a clever note. You should finish the series just to get to that fifth one.

A system of cells interlinked
I am on board with pretty much anything Mary-Elizabeth Winstead is in. The franchise was clearly getting old at this point, but I still enjoyed this for what it was.

Also, if you would like this review added to the searchable review archive, simply rate it using our popcorn box rating system and i can add it to the system.

Create a rating as follows

[*rating]3_5[/*rating]

Just make sure to remove the * so the code actually works. The above would give the film a 3 and a half box rating out of 5.

I agree that this one was the beginning of the end for this franchise. This one and all the ones that follow were just people thinking of new ways to die.
You're definitely right. The fourth was just awful in my opinion (about to put up that review now). Fortunately, I do think the fifth one was a lot better.

The first two films were great fun. The third film seemed tired, but was still pretty watchable and fun at times. The fourth one SUCKED... but the fifth one kinda redeemed the franchise and actually ended the whole thing on a clever note. You should finish the series just to get to that fifth one.
I agree 100%!

I am on board with pretty much anything Mary-Elizabeth Winstead is in. The franchise was clearly getting old at this point, but I still enjoyed this for what it was.

Also, if you would like this review added to the searchable review archive, simply rate it using our popcorn box rating system and i can add it to the system.

Create a rating as follows

[*rating]3_5[/*rating]

Just make sure to remove the * so the code actually works. The above would give the film a 3 and a half box rating out of 5.
Mary-Elizabeth Winstead had a way bigger acting reputation than I had known before this review. Completely agree with you. And will do! Thanks for the help.