Veronica Lake bikini modelling

Tools    

On an early foray onto the World Wide Web in the late 1990s, I searched for "Veronica Lake". One of the hits was a webpage with photos of Veronica Lake modelling a true bikini (and not a conventional two-piece swimsuit). They were supposedly taken after her 1948 release from Paramount. If they were fakes, then they were very good fakes. It was not a case of airbrushing any existing swimsuit shots, at least as far as I can determine at the time..

A quarter century has now past, but I have never encountered them again. And Ms Lake stated in her autobiography, "I never did cheesecake like Ann Sheridan or Betty Grable. I just used my hair".

Bikini modelling would have been very risqué for most models at that time, let alone a Hollywood actress. (See the Wikipedia bikini article.)

Even so, I believe that they were genuine. But I would be interested to learn what other people think.

On an early foray onto the World Wide Web in the late 1990s, I searched for "Veronica Lake". One of the hits was a webpage with photos of Veronica Lake modelling a true bikini (and not a conventional two-piece swimsuit). They were supposedly taken after her 1948 release from Paramount. If they were fakes, then they were very good fakes. It was not a case of airbrushing any existing swimsuit shots, at least as far as I can determine at the time..

A quarter century has now past, but I have never encountered them again. And Ms Lake stated in her autobiography, "I never did cheesecake like Ann Sheridan or Betty Grable. I just used my hair".

Bikini modelling would have been very risqué for most models at that time, let alone a Hollywood actress. (See the Wikipedia bikini article.)

Even so, I believe that they were genuine. But I would be interested to learn what other people think.
I wonder if you seen those photos on the old TCM boards? I remember there were threads there with hundreds of rare photos of early 20th century stars. The people posting them were collectors of the images. If somebody has an original photo of Miss Lake in a bikini circa 1948 I'd like to see it

I wonder if you seen those photos on the old TCM boards? I remember there were threads there with hundreds of rare photos of early 20th century stars. The people posting them were collectors of the images. If somebody has an original photo of Miss Lake in a bikini circa 1948 I'd like to see it

As I recall, it was an entry on a personal blog which focused on historical professional photography -- the photographer was identified and the circumstances of the shoot (when, where, how Ms Lake came to be hired) provided.