At age 10 my daughter had a school report to do based on a famous person.
She likes to be different, try and be original.
She decided on Hattie McDaniel.

Not much material available at the time. This before the internet.
Daughter ask the librarian and the Librarian came through and ordered a book, McDaniels biography.

Traveling through Colorado we visited sites where McDaniel grew up. A brutal weather conditions area settled by freed slaves. That's a story in itself.

The report a success.

Another subject considered was Spencer Williams. Actor that played Andy in the controversial Amos and Andy TV series. One of the most financially successful actors to ever work in Hollywood, yet probably one of the most forgotten.

My mom worked for Disney studio and for a while Disney made Instructional movies for governments. Disney's work was animated. Williams had a instructional film production company that did the same, but with live action actors.

That's how my mom and he's paths crossed and they became friends.

Williams also owned commercial income property and other successful businesses.

Me growing up in, working in and married into Hollywood show business I observed one thing. Anyone that's a good actor, is good at anything they do in life. That's just my observations from my experiences.

Another subject could be stolen Black composed music.

Scott Joplin spent his life trying to protect his copyrights. One infringer is said to be Irving Berlin. Marvin Hamlisch tried the same stunt but was called out early and reset his credits fast.

Bob Wills mega hit "Steel Guitar Rag" also stolen note for note from Sylvester Weaver who fought it in court. Oh brother is that ever disputed. Hold each sheet music together up to the light and it's identical music.