Most disappointing true story revelations

Tools    

The truth is in here
Have you ever read about or seen something really inspirational, only to find out or have details revealed later on that pretty much destroys everything that you felt about it before?

I hated finding out Sacheen Littlefeather lied about being Native American (She was actually Mexican). So the speech she gave when Marlon Brando rejected the Oscar for The Godfather went from being one of the most important moments in Oscar history to a vapid and egoistic publicity stunt. I just can't understand, why did she do it??? Just imagine how powerful that moment would've still been if a real Native American had stood on stage instead. It infuriates and saddens me every time I think about this.

You ready? You look ready.
Albert Blithe didn't die of his wounds in 1948, and he was far from the type of man that was portrayed in Band of Brothers.

He re-enlisted twice, serving in the Korean War, performing over 600 jumps to secure a Master Parachutist Badge, rose to the rank of Master Sergeant, and was buried with full honors in Arlington Cemetery.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Albert Blithe didn't die of his wounds in 1948, and he was far from the type of man that was portrayed in Band of Brothers.

He re-enlisted twice, serving in the Korean War, performing over 600 jumps to secure a Master Parachutist Badge, rose to the rank of Master Sergeant, and was buried with full honors in Arlington Cemetery.
True, but I enjoyed the BOB version of him too. The British actor who portrayed him was excellent.