A Film You Couldn't Wait To See And Was Disappointed When You Did

Tools    

You're right JayDee...I'll have to give it another shot. Like I said it is a really good film- I just went in expecting the "best film ever."

The Town. I largely enjoyed it, in a somewhat perverse way, but it was sort of cheesy, some of the scenes, such as the robbery and shoot-out scenes in the North End and Fenway Park, were very overblown, too graphic, and there was too much exploding on the screen. I was sympathetic with Claire at first, due to her having been traumatized by something happening to her through no fault of her own; having her bank robbed, being forced to open the safe at gunpoint and then being briefly taken hostage by four masked Townie toughs with rifles, but I became increasingly annoyed with her and ultimately, unsympathetic with Claire as the film wore on. The Fenway Park scenes were what helped make The Town a little bit of a let-down for me. I liked Chuck Hogan's novel, Prince of Thieves, on which The Town was based, much, much better.

i finally thought one movie.
Legion
Directed by Scott Charles Stewart. Starring Paul Bettany

the premise was great: what if God made a mistake?

the progression just sucked. there was no exploration on the what if. i was expecting some ****ed up reasoning and logic. some utterly simple but thought to be complex explanation behind the "mistake" that God made.

but that didn't happen. the story just focused on saving the baby and some events like angels possessing humans that started acting like zombies without offering an explanation.

Both the Matrix sequels........ I was gutted.

The Usual Suspects. All my mates told me it was a "must see" film, their favourite film etc. etc. I "got it" straight away and none of the movies twists could make me think any different........

Love alot.
Trust a few.
But always paddle your own canoe!!

The Usual Suspects. All my mates told me it was a "must see" film, their favourite film etc. etc. I "got it" straight away and none of the movies twists could make me think any different........
is right. I knew the twist before I saw the film and it is one of my all time favorite films. But each to his own

Most recently it would be The Black Swan. I really like Natalie Portman, but the story was a bit weird.

I'm fairly new to this site, so I didn'r read all of the replies but I was suprised not to see my favorite diappointment. If I missed someone who shares my sentiments, sorry I missed it. However, after theGodfather parts 1&2 which were outstanding on all counts comes along part 3. disappointment is an understatement to how I was let down by this movie.
I still shake my head when I think about it.

A film that I could not wait to see and then was very disappointed when I actually saw it was, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Here is a trilogy that so far has given us some great movies and a great character to follow. Then this movie comes along and it seems as if no one put any effort into the idea. It seems as if they made the movie to capitalize on the franchise’s success rather than have a good idea for a story. I hope they make another one just to compensate for that movie, but this time, hire a writer that can actually write a story.
Crystal Skull is the first film I though of because it was so disappointing that it actually hurt. As a fan of the trilogy, I left the theatre completely dumbfounded after sitting through that wild and unfocused mess. I literally needed to give myself a standing eight count in the parking lot. A pause as if I was just punched in the gut. The movie really is that bad and I’m still a bit stunned and refuse to watch it ever again.

Sudoku Blackbelt
After reading Stephen King's 'It', I was amped for the tv movie. I know a lot of times, a book's intensity is lost in translation, but 'It' was exceptionally bad. It turned out to be almost cartoonish.

Tim Curry's Pennywise was pretty cool, though.

"The Simpsons Movie"

We basically paid for Homer flipping the middle finger and Bart's penis...we got cheated.

dragonball the movie and avatar the last airbender..both movies i was very much looking forword to but ended up being lame

The worst dissappointment to date - 'Transformers'. I know it has its fans, lots of them, but I was very gutted when I saw it. 'ROTF' was marginally better, but still a let down for me. Each to his own.

127 hours...

I might become the most hated person on here for saying this...but I finally got around to seeing Shawshank Redemption the other day...and I was a little disappointed.

Don't get me wrong- the film was really good. But there is sooo much hype, specifically being IMDb's number one film of all time. I was so excited to see it that I put it off for so long because I was afraid this would happen. Again a really good film...the best film? I'd have to disagree.
You said it's a good movie. So, you won't get much hate from me. I like The Shawshank Redemption. I especially like the part where the Warden says that Andy "up and left like a fart in the wind."

You said it's a good movie. So, you won't get much hate from me
Good I'm glad I think it's important that I added that because people automatically think overrated means dislike. But that's not really the case.

On another note- I watched The Shining the other day, and I have to say I was a little disappointed. I was so excited for the hype and Nicholson and Kubrick combo. but the film only gets interesting when Torrance goes ape ****. I nearly shut the film off twice but I stuck it out. If the whole film were more like the ending, I think it would've been a better film. I also read somewhere that King disagreed with the casting of Nicholson and I can understand why. It felt like Jack was just a crazy man going even more insane rather than a good man, battling alcoholism, & going insane. The film felt similar to Amityville (sp?) Horror (old or remake- but more the remake). I gotta give props to the kid though- what an amazing talent. All the acting was great actually but...just the story itself (I am an aspiring screenwriter so this is what I look for the most) was kind of boring. Again a good film but not a great one.

All the acting was great actually but...just the story itself (I am an aspiring screenwriter so this is what I look for the most) was kind of boring.
Personally, I've always found The Shining to be one of the most boring films I've ever seen. Not '2001' boring, but still a snorefest.

The latest TRON movie. I think that it had too much to live up to. Having seen the original TRON a million times as a kid, and being a computer geek, I had such high hopes for this film. But it was like watching a music video. Some characters served no purpose. It was lame.

Recently, The Pirates of Caribbean. The sequel is not as good as the first one. Well, they are great too, but maybe that's too much beforehand ads popped up into my mind, and I use too much expectations.