Movie with beautiful woman....

Tools    

Watched this on TV a few years back but can't remember the name or much about the plot. The woman who played the main character was so beautiful though, and the movie was good, so I would love to watch it again. So detectives, here are the clues, all I can remember:

French or Belgian movie, around 1990-2000.
The woman has a very special look. Huge eyes and a big mouth. Big, slender, Uma Thurman like.

Plot: woman works in a cafe. She is lonely, best friend is a boy who lives next door or in next building. Something tragic happens to the boy (dog dies or a parent dies or something). The woman meets a man in the cafe, they have sex (quite a bit of nudity in the movie, I remember that :-)). The man goes of, and in the end of the movie they meet again in the same cafe. Can't remember if it's a happy ending, but the whole movie was intense and you get to symphatise a lot with the woman and the boy.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but it should be a great challenge for you movie buffs out there.

And Monica Bellucci does have huge.....eyes.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

No. It's not the one. The woman in it is more weird looking, and it's not a thriller. Nice try though :-)

The film may even be from another country, but I remember it as french. Probably had a french feel to it.