Titanic

→ in
Tools    

Spoilers

Visually this film is a masterpiece especially the second half watching the ship slowly sink. When the ship began to tilt and people were sliding down I got goosebumps. Also when the water began to suck people through the doors and windows I have to admit it looked like a fun experience, kind of like an adult play zone or a fun water world theme park of pure chaos. Obviously it wouldn't be a fun experience if you were actually there in real life when this tragedy happened. Rest in peace to all those who died on the Titanic 🙏

I thought the first half was a bit cheesy and Rose herself was a pretty lousy person who was ungrateful to a loyal husband who spoilt her with trips across the world and expensive paintings. Yes he was very pretentious but she did cheat on him. Also when rose was an old woman she dropped the necklace worth a fortune into the ocean rather than give it to the man who worked his ass off to attain it. He also was very respectful to rose and listened to her Titanic story that went on for hours and hours. Also she didn't take turns with Jack on the floating bit of wood, and let Jack freeze to death and drown. Also there is a scene where the ship is completely vertical and rose gives a judgemental look to a peasant girl who is holding on for dear life and does not show a flicker of emotion when she falls to her death. Rose was also willing to leave her mother in financial ruin just so she could run off with Jack, a blonde boy who looks half her age. The ending sequence is her passing away in her sleep and rejoining Jack in heaven although how she got the green flag to get into heaven I'll never know. If this wasn't based around a true event and it turned out she had something to do with the ship sinking it wouldn't bloody surprise me. The way this was filmed was amazing though. I like to think the end sequence was her joining Jack again on the Titanic to experience the disaster over and over again for eternity. Every time god reunites her on the Titanic with Jack he could say down you fo*king go as she hits the cold water.

My rating....4 and a half star

That's a strange review for a 4.5 star movie, or are you rating that on a 10 scale which then would make sense with what you wrote?

FYI Rose was not married, she was the fiance of the rich guy. If I recall correctly it was an arraignment between her money grubbing mother and the rich guy. Rose wasn't the bad person, her mom and fiance were.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
So weird to see this uploaded 20 minutes ago while this thread was created 1 hour ago. Coincidences...

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Good point re: star rating. Need to know the scale.

The scale is out of five star a bit confusing I know but apart from rose I genuinely found it to be an amazing movie experience. I sort of exaggerated my dislike four Roses character Lol

The scale is out of five star a bit confusing I know but apart from rose I genuinely found it to be an amazing movie experience. I sort of exaggerated my dislike four Roses character Lol
Check this how to thread out
Popcorn Box Rating

I thought the first half was a bit cheesy and Rose herself was a pretty lousy person who was ungrateful to a loyal husband who spoilt her with trips across the world and expensive paintings.
It's the perfect white-girl fantasy. She's rich, but a victim. She part of the ruling elite, but she parties with the poors, because she's "authentic." The whole ship (i.e., "the world) is accessible to her, but she's a captive slave! She's in first class, is gifted a diamond the size of a meteor, and men fight over her, and her beau dies for her, but remember... ...she's had it rough.

Yes he was very pretentious but she did cheat on him.
Billy Zane is unambiguously a cad in this movie. He is cartoonishly bad. It's all part of the fantasy. See how evil traditional relationships were? See how oppressive the patriarchy is? She is a liberated woman. Today, people would complain that she needed a man to help set her free at all, that she didn't just Mary Sue her way through the whole thing.

Also when rose was an old woman she dropped the necklace worth a fortune into the ocean rather than give it to the man who worked his ass off to attain it.
The diamond is the heart of the sea. It belongs to the ocean. She loves Jack even now, and so she is giving her heart back to him. No one owns her heart! And yes, this is insanely entitled behavior. But it is a girl's fantasy. In her mind, she's worthy it (so screw his expedition).

He also was very respectful to rose and listened to her Titanic story that went on for hours and hours.
It's not the diamonds we recover, but the stories we hear along the way...

Also she didn't take turns with Jack on the floating bit of wood, and let Jack freeze to death and drown.
Jack is a prop, a springboard. He only exists as an instrument of her liberation. If he doesn't die, then she would have lived a life dependent upon him in another domestic situation. A "good man" is an "ally," who will step out of the way and even die, so other people can finally get their chance. Don't all of James Bond's girlfriends die? The youthful fantasy is that our true love dies for us, because we're just "all that." This is how Rose got her groove back. Jack is just a manic pixie dream boy.

Sure, she had more meat on the bone. Sure, she doesn't share the plank with that skinny boy. But that's the point. Jack died for the sins of the patriarchy.